• I used to be

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • I never have

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
Have you been cutting down, doc?

Over the last few years, yes - except for this time of year.

I work in politics. I'd go completely batshit if I tried to quit smoking during an election season.

I hear that!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQDe6MzAC4]Third Rock From The Sun - Dick smoking - YouTube[/ame]

I watched my grandfather waste away from lung cancer, and I do mean watched. It was back in the day when people put a hospital bed in the living room and the person just died a little each day. I was 11 and swore I would never smoke. My grandfather didn't smoke until he went to war in Korea. They put Camel Unfiltereds in his C-rations and that's what he smoked until the day he died.

I did 20 years in the US Navy without ever smoking a cigarette or drinking a cup of coffee. Anyone who has been in the Navy knows how rare that is.

Yup. "Smoke 'em if you got 'em!" And I knew one sure way to open the mess hall was to light up. The minute I did, they'd call us to chow.

Last Thursday i ordered the whole entire e-cigarette kit again (like i said, i tried it a couple years ago). Thank's Boop....i think this thread gave me "some" willpower to try quiting again! :)
The e-cigs i ordered are SUPPOSED to be much better than they had a couple years ago, and those did help be a lot. I just have to keep my willpower up and DO IT~
I love smoking, and i really wish i didn't. So between that and having no willpower, it's a huge struggle. But we'll see...i'm really going to try hard. I figure even if i get addicted to the e-cig, it still isn't like putting all that crap in my lungs. A guy i work with is addicted to the nicorette gum...he can't go without it. But at least it's not hurting him! WISH ME LUCK! Lol!

EDITED TO ADD.....see that little baby in my avatar? That's my newest grandson, i've seen him once (they live in NC). Same with his 5 yr old sister and 7 yr old brother....i don't get to see them often, but i want to be here to see them grow up!!! :(

Last edited:
i want to be here to see them grow up!!! :(
To me this is what should be everyone's motivation to give up anything that is bad for your health. Why rob yourself of more time with those that you love and why rob them of more time that they could have with you? :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last Thursday i ordered the whole entire e-cigarette kit again (like i said, i tried it a couple years ago). Thank's Boop....i think this thread gave me "some" willpower to try quiting again! :)
The e-cigs i ordered are SUPPOSED to be much better than they had a couple years ago, and those did help be a lot. I just have to keep my willpower up and DO IT~
I love smoking, and i really wish i didn't. So between that and having no willpower, it's a huge struggle. But we'll see...i'm really going to try hard. I figure even if i get addicted to the e-cig, it still isn't like putting all that crap in my lungs. A guy i work with is addicted to the nicorette gum...he can't go without it. But at least it's not hurting him! WISH ME LUCK! Lol!

EDITED TO ADD.....see that little baby in my avatar? That's my newest grandson, i've seen him once (they live in NC). Same with his 5 yr old sister and 7 yr old brother....i don't get to see them often, but i want to be here to see them grow up!!! :(

What kind did you get? Not all e cigs are created equal unfortunately. I eventually upgraded to the biggest baddest device on the market, but even the lower priced ones kept me off e cigs for the last two years.

And I understand about wanting to see them grow up...Ive got a two year old daughter at home who I want to see graduate high school. I smoked 25 years tried everything and thought Id never be able to quit. E cigs were the answer for me.

What kind did you get? Not all e cigs are created equal unfortunately. I eventually upgraded to the biggest baddest device on the market, but even the lower priced ones kept me off e cigs for the last two years.

And I understand about wanting to see them grow up...Ive got a two year old daughter at home who I want to see graduate high school. I smoked 25 years tried everything and thought Id never be able to quit. E cigs were the answer for me.

I ordered from the actual e-cigs website (ecigs.com). These sound to be better than the original i got in 2010...I could order the mg i wanted, and the strength of the nicotine. Even the colors of the cigarette :). I got blank cartridges and extra nicotine for refills to cut down on costs. And when i re-order i can cut down on the nicotine & strength so MAYBE eventually i'll get away from the nicotine too. But that's not my biggest worry right now :).

Oh ya! You definately want to be around for your daughter!!! And you know what? You always think you're kids are the best.....THEN you get grandkids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always told my kids that the grandkids were always more fun! You can borrow them for however long you want....then give them back! Lol!

I ordered from the actual e-cigs website (ecigs.com). These sound to be better than the original i got in 2010...I could order the mg i wanted, and the strength of the nicotine. Even the colors of the cigarette :). I got blank cartridges and extra nicotine for refills to cut down on costs. And when i re-order i can cut down on the nicotine & strength so MAYBE eventually i'll get away from the nicotine too. But that's not my biggest worry right now :).

Oh ya! You definately want to be around for your daughter!!! And you know what? You always think you're kids are the best.....THEN you get grandkids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always told my kids that the grandkids were always more fun! You can borrow them for however long you want....then give them back! Lol!

/happy Snoopy dance

Go, YOU!!!!

/cheer

/happy Snoopy dance

Go, YOU!!!!

/cheer

OH YA! And my "cigarette" is going to be blue and gold..............GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!

edited.......I probly should explain...........blue and gold = University of Michigan! :) GO BLUE!

Last edited:
This is what I have

ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

A bit more pricey but it ended up saving me money in the long run. And as I was smoking a pack and a half a day, it paid for itself in no time.

And yes, I understand on the grandchildren as well. My last daughter came later in my life and my granddaughter is a year older than my youngest daughter hehe.

Ive got girls and boys galore. 23, 18, 15, 12 and now 2 years old.

Forum List

Back