To all my fellow supporters of the 2nd Amendment:

I support the second amendment and the right to bear arms.

However, I'm also aware that no right is an unlimited right, and just as it cannot be legal for someone to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, it should not be legal for people to have no limits whatsoever on the type of arms that they can own.

The NRA does not support the second amendment - they solely represent the interests of gun manufacturers.

It's perfectly legal to yell fire in a crowded theater.

You've never had a law class.

The tort would be the resultant injuries arising from your actions.

I may have used the classic "school room example", but the fact is that the supreme court has ruled on numerous cases stated that all rights are limited:

"the majority opinion, written by conservative bastion Justice Antonin Scalia, states: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”"

The Supreme Court Ruling on the 2nd Amendment Did NOT Grant an Unlimited Right to Own Guns | Risk: Reason and Reality | Big Think

The principal that no right is unlimited is a very longstanding in our legal system, almost as old as America itself.

If you went to law school, you apparently missed something.

However, I'm also aware that no right is an unlimited right, and just as it cannot be legal for someone to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, it should not be legal for people to have no limits whatsoever on the type of arms that they can own.

They are limited to arms in common use per SCOTUS.

A semi-auto rifle is pretty ubiquitous.

Ann Romney Photos - Presidential Candidates Address NRA Annual Meeting In St. Louis - Zimbio
Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (L) and his wife, Ann Romney, speak during the NRA's Celebration of American Values Leadership Forum at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits April 13, 2012 at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri. More than 60,000 people are expected to attend the convention, which runs through Sunday.
Ann+Romney+Presidential+Candidates+Address+PFxgmewjxW3l.jpg

This is the NRA's best picture of Ann Romney?

Damn!! She looks like Aileen Wournus!!!

Ann Romney Photos - Presidential Candidates Address NRA Annual Meeting In St. Louis - Zimbio
Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (L) and his wife, Ann Romney, speak during the NRA's Celebration of American Values Leadership Forum at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits April 13, 2012 at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri. More than 60,000 people are expected to attend the convention, which runs through Sunday.
Ann+Romney+Presidential+Candidates+Address+PFxgmewjxW3l.jpg

This is the NRA's best picture of Ann Romney?

Low blow

I support the second amendment and the right to bear arms.

The NRA does not support the second amendment - they solely represent the interests of gun manufacturers.

It's perfectly legal to yell fire in a crowded theater.

You've never had a law class.

The tort would be the resultant injuries arising from your actions.

I may have used the classic "school room example", but the fact is that the supreme court has ruled on numerous cases stated that all rights are limited:

"the majority opinion, written by conservative bastion Justice Antonin Scalia, states: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”"

The Supreme Court Ruling on the 2nd Amendment Did NOT Grant an Unlimited Right to Own Guns | Risk: Reason and Reality | Big Think

The principal that no right is unlimited is a very longstanding in our legal system, almost as old as America itself.

If you went to law school, you apparently missed something.

You never answered my question as to why a law-abiding person shouldn't be allowed to have any gun he wants no matter what it is?

It just happens to be the truth and you know it.

It happens to be a lie posted by a fucking retard.

Criminals either steal guns, or get them from the Obama administration.

A criminal gets someone who can buy the weapon for them and since there is no registration requirements for private sale, it can't be traced to them. It can be traced to the person who bought, but there isn't a law against selling a weapon. They can get a crack whore to do it.

Do you even know the subject of the thread?

Of do your handlers just throw you treats to get you to spew your hate?

Seriously, this thread leaves no doubt that American leftists are stupid on a mentally retarded level.

Truthmatters is a fucking genius compared to you.

A criminal gets someone who can buy the weapon for them and since there is no registration requirements for private sale,

Izzatrite?

And you have some sort evidence of that?

it can't be traced to them. It can be traced to the person who bought, but there isn't a law against selling a weapon.

To a criminal?

ROFL

You should avoid eating the gold paint chips, they'll rot out your last two brain cells..

They can get a crack whore to do it.

They can get you to do anything for a teenth, can't they?

A criminal gets someone who can buy the weapon for them and since there is no registration requirements for private sale,

Izzatrite?

And you have some sort evidence of that?

it can't be traced to them. It can be traced to the person who bought, but there isn't a law against selling a weapon.

To a criminal?

ROFL

You should avoid eating the gold paint chips, they'll rot out your last two brain cells..

They can get a crack whore to do it.

They can get you to do anything for a teenth, can't they?

If you quote my sentences again like that, you're going on ignore. I don't play that childish game. You can quote the whole thing, then comment, but don't change what I post!

Don't they keep financial records? Where do they get their money?

The NRA? From memberships and donations.

Your lie that gunshops sell to criminals is so stupid that it reveals you as severely retarded.

Maybe next year, when you turn 11, you'll have a better grasp on this.

They get dues, except from lifetime members who have already paid their dues. Right now it costs $300 to be a lifetime member, normally it's $1000. Then the organization has costs for each member, like making and sending their magazine.

Donations: Who do you think donates to the NRA? A member has already paid his dues. If a person who wasn't a member wanted to send them money, they could just get a yearly membership to do that. The donations are coming from gun shops and gun manufacturers for the fine work they do on their behalf.

Who do you think you are kidding? You can hide behind the 2nd Amendment, but the NRA is in the business of getting guns sold to anyone who can buy them. They oppose laws making it harder for criminals to get guns. It's a nice business model, the more criminals who have guns means the more citizens are afraid and buy guns. If it kills 12,000 people per year, they don't care.

Don't they keep financial records? Where do they get their money?

Your lie that gunshops sell to criminals is so stupid that it reveals you as severely retarded.

They get dues, except from lifetime members who have already paid their dues. Right now it costs $300 to be a lifetime member, normally it's $1000. Then the organization has costs for each member, like making and sending their magazine.

Donations: Who do you think donates to the NRA? A member has already paid his dues. If a person who wasn't a member wanted to send them money, they could just get a yearly membership to do that. The donations are coming from gun shops and gun manufacturers for the fine work they do on their behalf.

Again, and with every post, you announce your ignorance.

I am a member $25 a year, and I also donate money. I just donated an additional $50 only a few days ago. Now, I'm looking at purchasing some of the items from their on-line store.

Who do you think you are kidding? You can hide behind the 2nd Amendment, but the NRA is in the business of getting guns sold to anyone who can buy them. They oppose laws making it harder for criminals to get guns. It's a nice business model, the more criminals who have guns means the more citizens are afraid and buy guns. If it kills 12,000 people per year, they don't care.

He isn't kidding anyone, he's 100% correct. The NRA's only business is protecting the 2nd Amendment, and providing for the needs of gun owners. it's a popular talking point of the left wing loons to say that they NRA is only there for the gun manufacturors and dealers, but no one believes that but the ignorant. The DO NOT oppose laws that make it harder for criminals to have guns, that's another lie the lefties tell.

Your last statement is very telling. You are a nut case of the first order.

Again, and with every post, you announce your ignorance.

I am a member $25 a year, and I also donate money. I just donated an additional $50 only a few days ago. Now, I'm looking at purchasing some of the items from their on-line store.

He isn't kidding anyone, he's 100% correct. The NRA's only business is protecting the 2nd Amendment, and providing for the needs of gun owners. it's a popular talking point of the left wing loons to say that they NRA is only there for the gun manufacturors and dealers, but no one believes that but the ignorant. The DO NOT oppose laws that make it harder for criminals to have guns, that's another lie the lefties tell.

Your last statement is very telling. You are a nut case of the first order.

They have financial records and they are assisting the easy sale of guns in America.

We don't give a damn what the NRA thinks they are doing. We don't give a damn about their rhetoric. We know what they've done and we don't approve.

What people fail to realize is that there are Terrorists who are all armed with fully automatic AK47
assault rifles. With no one to regulate them.

And the President wants to hadicap Americans who the Terrorists have declared war on.

Last edited:

I donate to the NRA every single time I checkout at Turners or Bass Pro Shops. It's not much, $10 or $20 a pop, but it adds up.

I assure you I am not the only one.

Who do you think you are kidding? You can hide behind the 2nd Amendment, but the NRA is in the business of getting guns sold to anyone who can buy them.

Oh grow up.

I realize that you are on a quest to revoke civil rights from American citizens, but the bullshit you spout is simply stupid.

They oppose laws making it harder for criminals to get guns.

The hate sites that do your thinking for you are lying to you.

It's a nice business model, the more criminals who have guns means the more citizens are afraid and buy guns. If it kills 12,000 people per year, they don't care.

The NRA doesn't sell guns, moron.

This is like claiming auto manufacturers want people to drive drunk. Stupidity only a leftist would believe.

What people fail to realize is that there are Terrorists who ar eall armed with fully automatic AK47
assault rifles. With no one to regulate them.

The terrorists and Bolsheviks like Dubya are on the same side. Dubya doesn't mind a Hamas or Al Qaeda thug having full auto rifles, they have a common enemy, the United States Constitution.

I donate to the NRA every single time I checkout at Turners or Bass Pro Shops. It's not much, $10 or $20 a pop, but it adds up.

I assure you I am not the only one.

Who do you think you are kidding? You can hide behind the 2nd Amendment, but the NRA is in the business of getting guns sold to anyone who can buy them.

Oh grow up.

I realize that you are on a quest to revoke civil rights from American citizens, but the bullshit you spout is simply stupid.

They oppose laws making it harder for criminals to get guns.

The hate sites that do your thinking for you are lying to you.

It's a nice business model, the more criminals who have guns means the more citizens are afraid and buy guns. If it kills 12,000 people per year, they don't care.

The NRA doesn't sell guns, moron.

This is like claiming auto manufacturers want people to drive drunk. Stupidity only a leftist would believe.

Get the NRA to post it's list of donors!

According to a report in The Huffington Post, since 2005, the NRA has potentially hauled in nearly $40 million from the $12-billion-a-year gun industry.

Two of the NRA’s biggest financial contributors are foreign-owned firearms companies from Italy — Beretta ($1 million to $5 million level) and Benelli ($500,000 to $1 million level).

Here are five of the NRA’s biggest gun industry backers who have contributed $1 million or higher. They include the biggest financial contributor — MidwayUSA, a distributor of high-capacity magazine clips, but also oil and gas company Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. Other gun industry donors include Beretta USA Corporation, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, LLC, and Springfield Armory, Inc.

Source: The National Memo » NRA?s Top 5 Gun Industry Donors

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000082

This isn't hard to find.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nra+donors&form=MSNH14&pq=nra+donor&sc=5-9&sp=1&qs=AS&sk=

Last edited:
According to a report in The Huffington Post, since 2005, the NRA has potentially hauled in nearly $40 million from the $12-billion-a-year gun industry.

Two of the NRA’s biggest financial contributors are foreign-owned firearms companies from Italy — Beretta ($1 million to $5 million level) and Benelli ($500,000 to $1 million level).

Here are five of the NRA’s biggest gun industry backers who have contributed $1 million or higher. They include the biggest financial contributor — MidwayUSA, a distributor of high-capacity magazine clips, but also oil and gas company Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. Other gun industry donors include Beretta USA Corporation, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, LLC, and Springfield Armory, Inc.

Source: The National Memo » NRA?s Top 5 Gun Industry Donors

I'm certainly glad of that. It's about time gun makers stepped up to the plate to fight for our rights.

Forum List

Back