Time to re-think public restrooms and showers

Boy o boy, So how are you going to identify homosexuals? Tattoo a pink triangle?

Not my problem. Equality is a bitch.

A lesbian is just as attracted to a female as a hetro male. I want neither in a restroom with my 14 year old daughter.

Making people wear identifying marks was the trademark of the German Nazis in concentration camps. Do you actually stand here and subscribe to that?
Hey, Chuckles, those weren't concentration camps. They were living quarters for happy, well fed, contented workers.

Joe Preston Virginia politician supports separate bathrooms for gays.

If the core justification for bathroom segregation is to let both genders to void among people who could not be sexually attracted to them, then Preston’s proposal is perfectly logical. Gay men are attracted to other men; lesbians are attracted to other women. A lesbian using a women’s bathroom presumably presents the same threat that a man using a women’s bathroom does. If we, as a society, are really committed to maintaining bathroom segregation, we might as well take it to its logical conclusion. The current rules were invented long before homosexuality was openly acknowledged. Any honest update should either put gays in their own separate bathroom—or abolish this ridiculous segregation altogether.

Although I disagree with abolishing the segregation, the article makes a lot of sense. It neglects to bring in the need for segregated showers, but that's almost a slam dunk if you agree with the writer

Who knew it was such a problem? Anyone who has ever showered publicly has probably shared that space with homosexuals and didn't even know it.

Yeah, at one time they were also considered the Village Idiots . Now that they are out of the closet, things change.

If the core justification for bathroom segregation is to let both genders to void among people who could not be sexually attracted to them, then Preston’s proposal is perfectly logical. Gay men are attracted to other men; lesbians are attracted to other women. A lesbian using a women’s bathroom presumably presents the same threat that a man using a women’s bathroom does. If we, as a society, are really committed to maintaining bathroom segregation, we might as well take it to its logical conclusion. The current rules were invented long before homosexuality was openly acknowledged. Any honest update should either put gays in their own separate bathroom—or abolish this ridiculous segregation altogether.

Although I disagree with abolishing the segregation, the article makes a lot of sense. It neglects to bring in the need for segregated showers, but that's almost a slam dunk if you agree with the writer

Who knew it was such a problem? Anyone who has ever showered publicly has probably shared that space with homosexuals and didn't even know it.

Oh, most certainly. I really don't see the issue at all.

Boy o boy, So how are you going to identify homosexuals? Tattoo a pink triangle?

A lesbian is just as attracted to a female as a hetro male. I want neither in a restroom with my 14 year old daughter.

Making people wear identifying marks was the trademark of the German Nazis in concentration camps. Do you actually stand here and subscribe to that?

That was your idea, not mine

No I asked if you subscribe to Nazi ideals when it comes to identifying people?

I know you did, but since I expressed no such idea, you sound like a control freak.

You do however seem to have a problem with people expressing their feelings toward equitable treatment under the law.

Hey, Chuckles, those weren't concentration camps. They were living quarters for happy, well fed, contented workers.

Hossfly, were you the only person in your family that was born without a tail?

Yeah, at one time they were also considered the Village Idiots . Now that they are out of the closet, things change.

Oh, most certainly. I really don't see the issue at all.

Fine, but equality demands that all are treated equal. Read the link, comment on it.

I would like to know how the writer proposes to pay for segregated facilities across the nation. Does he know we are talking billions of dollars to protect his completely useless fear?

only thing i care about is getting in and peeing......when i have to go....i go....and i have used a men's room more than i care to admit

and i find men to be most understanding about the issue.....and how many times have you seen young boys in the ladies room....are we going to stop that

The point he was trying to make was that having separate restrooms for men and women is ridiculous. They should all be open to everyone.

To support his position he used a principle of reducto ad absurdtum. Reduce the prospect to its most absurd strawman, then attack the strawman.

Teen boys hanging out in the women's restroom will not end well. Especially if they want to have fun by seeing how much damage they can do.

Forum List

Back