This COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of Cain by the MSM will be the new standard we can expect

and can you imagine if Contessa Brooher was still around? if she even attempted to beat up on Cain cause he was black, she would have her "Other Obscene Name" enforced and every male/female/conservative&republican would be calling her "C-------Tessa Brewer. Maybe thats why she quit? couldn't take anymore of her infamous nickname?

Gramps.....

What are you doing? You started a whinefest thread and then complained that others were whining.

You misunderstood the comments of others and then proceeded to chastise them for not keeping up with the thread.

You need to slow down, I think.

Cain has not undergone anything unfair or unusual in the press. The media is responding to consumer demand. The same treatment is given to every public figure who commits a no-no. The media has not destroyed Cain by reporting the news.

If a media outlet fabricated the story and it was believed by enough people to become a major story, then you'd have an argument. But this story is not fabricated. You are just wrong.

Last edited:
This isn't about guilt or innocence. No proof is truly known beyond he said she said. Many a man were found guilty or innocent with less proof.

This is about the personal destruction of a candidate based merely on the words of a couple people. This destruction is done through beating the drums of a story that offered less proof than the actual words and action of Rev Wright or Aeyrs.

Our media is now officially in charge of who can make a splash in politics and who can't and that's just wrong. Now don't get me wrong I believe that the story was worthy of being reported once or twice but with no new evidence the constant barrage of this story in the media was unethical by journalistic standards. The story was hyped to the point that any person seeking their 15 minutes of fame could now put themselves in the limelight with just the slightest involvement with Cain in the past.

The Duke Lacross team is a perfect example of the power of the media. They had everyone convicting the team by simply pounding the story over and over.

Weather or not you believe Cain was the right man for the job one thing is sure. He is an eligible American that deserved a fair shake in the process. He did not receive that fair shake. Being a journalist used to be a dignified job. Now its about ratings and sales.

Future elections will never be the same.

Welcome to John Kerry's run for president. Were you concerned about him like you are Cain?

John Kerry got into trouble because he never acknowledge the hurt he inflicted on people.

He just tried to pretend those things never happpened.

But they had him on tape calling his fellow veterans baby killers, and accusing them off all sorts of attrocities.

He tried to portray himself as something he wasn't. And in the end, the truth caught up with him, as did all those pictures of him palling around with Al Hubbard and Jane Fonda.

NOw, for Cain. Frankly, it's starting to look like it's pretty damning. He seems to have a history of this kind of behavior. Nobody gives away money they could use.

and can you imagine if Contessa Brooher was still around? if she even attempted to beat up on Cain cause he was black, she would have her "Other Obscene Name" enforced and every male/female/conservative&republican would be calling her "C-------Tessa Brewer. Maybe thats why she quit? couldn't take anymore of her infamous nickname?

She probably had her name legally changed to Regina Brewer.
Contessa Brewer is probably the primary reason mommys stopped using that as a "Baby Name".
Now what happens to all those men names Mike Hunt?

This is the first time I've brought up this analysis. If your sensibilities are so tender that my posts bother you I suggest you stop clicking on them. Your constant whining is pathetic.

different ways of saying the same nonsense, gramps.

but let's look at the logical failures in your argument.
a) stories circulate about this person who wants to be president having a history of sexual harassment;
b) this person who wants to be president lies and tells three different stories.
c) it becomes clear that the story was probably leaked by a fellow GOP-er...
d) other people come to light who have similar stories.
e) this person who wants to be president and his teanut gallery whine that the media is being mean to him instead of acknowledging that it isn't the media who caused his problems.

i figure he never thought his practical joke would go this far so never thought he'd have to address his past behavior.

did obama lie when he said he never heard Wright say those terrible things in 20 long damn years? and you voted for a liar anyway didn't you?

God did damn America.

Which the press happily ran.

That is all the press are doing now. Running with a story....thats' their job..

Wait, you mean to tell me they're in it for the money? What evil swine! What is Congress going to do about this? They should shut down these evil news outlets who are doing this! We deserve good news coverage. It's our constitutional right!

This isn't about guilt or innocence. No proof is truly known beyond he said she said. Many a man were found guilty or innocent with less proof.

This is about the personal destruction of a candidate based merely on the words of a couple people. This destruction is done through beating the drums of a story that offered less proof than the actual words and action of Rev Wright or Aeyrs.

Our media is now officially in charge of who can make a splash in politics and who can't and that's just wrong. Now don't get me wrong I believe that the story was worthy of being reported once or twice but with no new evidence the constant barrage of this story in the media was unethical by journalistic standards. The story was hyped to the point that any person seeking their 15 minutes of fame could now put themselves in the limelight with just the slightest involvement with Cain in the past.

The Duke Lacross team is a perfect example of the power of the media. They had everyone convicting the team by simply pounding the story over and over.

Weather or not you believe Cain was the right man for the job one thing is sure. He is an eligible American that deserved a fair shake in the process. He did not receive that fair shake. Being a journalist used to be a dignified job. Now its about ratings and sales.

Yeah.... Cain is obviously the first person to suffer from media character assassination.

Obviously.

Let me throw a couple of things at you:

The "Dean Scream"
The Dukakis tank photo
Bill Clinton's entire presidency

The right-wing INVENTED modern character assassination, and now you want to cry foul?

Look, I don't like it at all either, and I haven't liked it for the past 30 years, but don't you think pretending that this is something new in politics is a bit odd?

I find the complete partisanship of the left in this thread laughable. I tried really hard to keep on track but you guys just fail on every front. I admitted Fox tried to get Obama. I threw you a carrot and you like a stubborn jackass just kept blindly plodding along.
When Fox was on the wright Ayers story continually many of you were up in arms I'm sure. Funny thing is Fox reported on stories that were documented and some were even on video. Yet with Cain all we have is he said she said. Oh.... And a bunch of partisans.

Yeah.... Cain is obviously the first person to suffer from media character assassination.

Obviously.

Let me throw a couple of things at you:

The "Dean Scream"
The Dukakis tank photo
Bill Clinton's entire presidency

The right-wing INVENTED modern character assassination, and now you want to cry foul?

Look, I don't like it at all either, and I haven't liked it for the past 30 years, but don't you think pretending that this is something new in politics is a bit odd?

For fucks sake, can any of you left wingers actually comprehend what you read? Christ

I never said it was new. I said it was now successful. Aka George Bush...mission accomplished?

Get it you fucking idiots?

I find the complete partisanship of the left in this thread laughable. I tried really hard to keep on track but you guys just fail on every front. I admitted Fox tried to get Obama. I threw you a carrot and you like a stubborn jackass just kept blindly plodding along.
When Fox was on the wright Ayers story continually many of you were up in arms I'm sure. Funny thing is Fox reported on stories that were documented and some were even on video. Yet with Cain all we have is he said she said. Oh.... And a bunch of partisans.

The left didn't make OJ Cain become a pussy snatcher or a snatch snatcher, which ever you prefer.

the partisanship of the left?

that's funny in the face of the blatant partisanship of the right.

fauxnews is still trying to *get* obama. but this isn't a "left-leaked" story. it was leaked by the right.

the press goes with it because it's juicy... same as they went with the garbage about the blue dress.

when you run in the big leagues, that's what happens.

cain was an idiot if he didn't think one of his fellow GOP'ers would do opposition research and find out this stuff.

i don't recall seeing you cry about how unfair the media was to anthony weiner who didn't do anything illegal.

Some people have conveniently forgotten that a whole platoon of current rightwing media blowhards made their careers off hammering Clinton for every real and imagined scandal in the nineties.

I'm not sure where you're getting at. Fox didn't just do it with Obama, they've been leading the charge against Cain as well. Everyone else say what they will, but I bring this up to illustrate that this isn't a phenomena of media left wing bias, as so many people love to continually claim. It's a matter of media money making bias, trying to grab onto a sex scandal and milk it for every penny they can sell it for.

I agree, the sensationalist and tabloid nature of the modern day media does indeed have a different set of standards today than they did once upon a time. They'll look to smear any candidate they can, regardless of affiliation, because it sells. And they won't really care if the allegations are true. They'll trumpet the fact that there are allegations, because it sells.

But, what can ya do? That's the 1st amendment and the free market in action.

the partisanship of the left?

that's funny in the face of the blatant partisanship of the right.

fauxnews is still trying to *get* obama. but this isn't a "left-leaked" story. it was leaked by the right.

the press goes with it because it's juicy... same as they went with the garbage about the blue dress.

when you run in the big leagues, that's what happens.

cain was an idiot if he didn't think one of his fellow GOP'ers would do opposition research and find out this stuff.

i don't recall seeing you cry about how unfair the media was to anthony weiner who didn't do anything illegal.

Of course you don't recall me commenting on Anthony. I didn't slobber all over myself like the left is with Cain.

Ps. Anthony admitted to the story and the cover up in the end so the stories are hardly comparable.

Some people have conveniently forgotten that a whole platoon of current rightwing media blowhards made their careers off hammering Clinton for every real and imagined scandal in the nineties.

I haven't forgotten anything. But the outcome is completely different.

Forum List

Back