This COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of Cain by the MSM will be the new standard we can expect

This isn't about guilt or innocence. No proof is truly known beyond he said she said. Many a man were found guilty or innocent with less proof.

This is about the personal destruction of a candidate based merely on the words of a couple people. This destruction is done through beating the drums of a story that offered less proof than the actual words and action of Rev Wright or Aeyrs.

Our media is now officially in charge of who can make a splash in politics and who can't and that's just wrong. Now don't get me wrong I believe that the story was worthy of being reported once or twice but with no new evidence the constant barrage of this story in the media was unethical by journalistic standards. The story was hyped to the point that any person seeking their 15 minutes of fame could now put themselves in the limelight with just the slightest involvement with Cain in the past.

The Duke Lacross team is a perfect example of the power of the media. They had everyone convicting the team by simply pounding the story over and over.

Weather or not you believe Cain was the right man for the job one thing is sure. He is an eligible American that deserved a fair shake in the process. He did not receive that fair shake. Being a journalist used to be a dignified job. Now its about ratings and sales.

Future elections will never be the same.

Or you just live a clean life where no one can accuse you of anything. Or we get over this kind of thing and admit it doesn't matter.

Republicans have no room to bitch about this after going after Clinton they way they did, and Democrats have no room to bitch after going after Clarance Thomas the way they did.

Regardless of the details, I think this whole incident shows that Cain is not ready for the job. He had 10 days or 10 years to prepare for this reckoning, and he was caught flatfooted.

Sorry, I want a guy who can think on his feet.

Your first paragraph will never happen. The rest is spot on.

The attempt is not new. The success is. This will change EVERY future election.

I don't know. I think it was pretty successful in 2000 when rumors started getting thrown around in South Carolina about then frontrunner McCain having a black love child. Put a swift end to his momentum.

And yes Fox News tried the same thing on Obama but failed.

I'm talking about the Cain scandal. Fox news is leading the charge in bringing this stuff up.

If I recall... most, if not all of the chargers were true.

And did any of his "followers" listen?

No but that wasn't my point. Fox targeted the voices and opinions of others. Which is fine but to beat the same drum over and over without NEW info is just wrong. Doesn't matter which outlet does it.

The problem is.... we cant get to Obama's record.

Its sealed!!!!

Why??? What is Obama hiding from???

His college record, his ties to Bill Ayers, his cociane use.... I could go on and on.

Oh yeah.... his birth cert :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

No but that wasn't my point. Fox targeted the voices and opinions of others. Which is fine but to beat the same drum over and over without NEW info is just wrong. Doesn't matter which outlet does it.
Ratings...ratings...it's all about ratings. They'd garner more persuing the truth.

can anyone point out a time when the press wasnt like this?

Anytime before probably 1980.

The media never really had this kind of power with only 30 minute nightly shows. The 24/7 desire to be first on a story has compromised the ethics of our media. Then you add the internet on top of that and we have a new format for picking our leaders.

It started with Clinton (after) his election. It's gotten progressively worse and has now culminated it the full power of the media.

This isn't about guilt or innocence. No proof is truly known beyond he said she said. Many a man were found guilty or innocent with less proof.

This is about the personal destruction of a candidate based merely on the words of a couple people. This destruction is done through beating the drums of a story that offered less proof than the actual words and action of Rev Wright or Aeyrs.

Our media is now officially in charge of who can make a splash in politics and who can't and that's just wrong. Now don't get me wrong I believe that the story was worthy of being reported once or twice but with no new evidence the constant barrage of this story in the media was unethical by journalistic standards. The story was hyped to the point that any person seeking their 15 minutes of fame could now put themselves in the limelight with just the slightest involvement with Cain in the past.

The Duke Lacross team is a perfect example of the power of the media. They had everyone convicting the team by simply pounding the story over and over.

Weather or not you believe Cain was the right man for the job one thing is sure. He is an eligible American that deserved a fair shake in the process. He did not receive that fair shake. Being a journalist used to be a dignified job. Now its about ratings and sales.

It's not New. They did it to Palin too. Hordes descended on Alaska. Not one iota of truth in their allegations. But she was ruined just the same.

>> assuming all of us will be watching the opening stories of MSNBC live/or/reruns,,,especially this week,,,,i think Matthews will be wearing a diaper again. {just in case he has another "Obama Orgasm"} will keep u all posted !!! it will probably be all of thier lead stories all week,,,,,and never mind the 10.5 earthquake that sent LA into the spacific ocean,,,,Cain getting to first base with a ho is much more urgent!

The problem is.... we cant get to Obama's record.

Its sealed!!!!

Why??? What is Obama hiding from???

His college record, his ties to Bill Ayers, his cociane use.... I could go on and on.

Oh yeah.... his birth cert :eusa_shhh:
Obama doesn't want the people knowing who he really is...albiet he has books out there that give you a glimpse...

Obama has NO business in the Oval Office.

It's not New. They did it to Palin too. Hordes descended on Alaska. Not one iota of truth in their allegations. But she was ruined just the same.

True enough but the media didn't defeat McCain/palin Obama did fair and square in my opinion. Hope and change rather than substance sold the day.

As to myself , conscious that there was not a truth on earth which I
feared should be known, I have lent myself willingly as the subject of a great
experiment, which was to prove that an administration, conducting itself with
integrity and common understanding, cannot be battered down, even by the
falsehoods of a licentious press, and consequently still less by the press, as
restrained within the legal and wholesome limits of truth. This experiment was
wanting for the world to demonstrate the falsehood of the pretext that freedom
of the press is incompatible with orderly government. I have never therefore
even contradicted the thousands of calumnies so industriously propagated
against myself. But the fact being once established, that the press is
impotent when it abandons itself to falsehood, I leave to others to restore it
to its strength, by recalling it within the pale of truth. Within that it is a
noble institution, equally the friend of science and of civil liberty. If this
can once be effected in your State, I trust we shall soon see its citizens rally to
the republican principles of our Constitution, which unite their sister-States
into one family. It would seem impossible that an intelligent people, with the
faculty of reading and right of thinking, should continue much longer to
slumber under the pupilage of an interested aristocracy of priests and lawyers,
persuading them to distrust themselves, and to let them think for them. I
sincerely wish that your efforts may awaken them from this voluntary
degradation of mind, restore them to a due estimate of themselves and their
fellow citizens, and a just abhorrence of the falsehoods and artifices which
have seduced them.
-Thomas Jefferson's Letter to Thomas Seymour (February 11, 1807)

True enough but the media didn't defeat McCain/palin Obama did fair and square in my opinion. Hope and change rather than substance sold the day.
So you're saying that the Left won on a 'bumpersticker slogan' the left likes to chide the right about? Another duplicitous enterprise for the leftists?

Herman Cain’s response to another sexual harassment claim, “Cocaine is a helluva drug.”

The media won't win IF THE PEOPLE don't let them..

Time will tell on where all this goes.

But I don't remember the media being this vicious with Clinton

Last edited:

So you're saying that the Left won on a 'bumpersticker slogan' the left likes to chide the right about? Another duplicitous enterprise for the leftists?

of course that's what they won on. There was no prior experience or substance to vote on. Bullshit won the day. It won't be the first or last time I'm sure.

Forum List

Back