There is no rapture, Jesus is not coming back in the clouds

"seems" to whom? The fact that I made mention of stuff I read in my early childhood---in fact; with LITTLE UNDERSTANDING way back then----"seems" to you that I stopped reading at age ten? Nope------that which "seems" to you ----is all in your own head. The fact that I recognize
things that I read in childhood-----with increasing clarity over many years----interests me and annoys you.

Yes when I was 10 and younger I was out playing, riding bikes, fishing, playing softball, normal kid stuff, jump rope, raking leaves for money,

Were you sick and not allowed to play?

when I was 10----I was out playing---riding a bike---playing softball, jumping rope. I did not fish and did not rake
leaves for money -----but I did rake leaves ----a little.
I was rarely ill-----sometimes I had a common cold and was prone to earache------but just went right on swimming and
biking thru it. In soft ball----I was good for a HIT and a single run to first base. ------that made me ----the first one UP.
I could never do fishing because I could never consider sticking a worm on a hook-----and even LOOKING at a fish
with a hook stuck in his mouth. <<< squeamish much

Oh I was usually the catcher which I despised as I have to wear that god awful mask. I never had a problem baiting a hook or gutting a fish, but unlike Peter I never found a shekel in one.
I guess you took too many hits to the head.

Do you know why Peter found a shekel in a fish?

It's silly story from the putative writings of a dubious
player.----Matthew---a person of no known origin or
fate -----a small coin landed in the mouth of a fish----
somehow this unremarkable event is called a "miracle"
so?

when I was 10----I was out playing---riding a bike---playing softball, jumping rope. I did not fish and did not rake
leaves for money -----but I did rake leaves ----a little.
I was rarely ill-----sometimes I had a common cold and was prone to earache------but just went right on swimming and
biking thru it. In soft ball----I was good for a HIT and a single run to first base. ------that made me ----the first one UP.
I could never do fishing because I could never consider sticking a worm on a hook-----and even LOOKING at a fish
with a hook stuck in his mouth. <<< squeamish much

Oh I was usually the catcher which I despised as I have to wear that god awful mask. I never had a problem baiting a hook or gutting a fish, but unlike Peter I never found a shekel in one.

I was very leery of those who loved to throw their bats, so I was very cautious, no head trauma.

The job of Shimon Petur was to insure that this new religion would not resemble Judaism.
He succeeded.

That is not entirely clear to me------do you have some
information on the fisherman?
There are Rabbinical writings that haven't been translated yet to their sensitive nature.
I listen to Lectures on TorahAnytime and so I have heard several on this topic.
Simon Peter was a Tanna named Shimon who decided to join the members of this new religion and P'tur (make them exempt) them from following any of the Commandments.

the preachers who preach this stuff are nuts and out to make money off of it. The rapture happened, it was the destruction of the temple that Jesus was talking about. The son of man in the clouds was Titus.
Time to wake up and end this end of days gloom and doom.

By Josephus :

Moreover, the eastern gate of the inner (22) [court of the] temple, which was of brass, and vastly heavy, and had been with difficulty shut by twenty men, and rested upon a basis armed with iron, and had bolts fastened very deep into the firm floor, which was there made of one entire stone, was seen to be opened of its own accord about the sixth hour of the night. Now those that kept watch in the temple came hereupon running to the captain of the temple, and told him of it; who then came up thither, and not without great difficulty was able to shut the gate again. This also appeared to the vulgar to be a very happy prodigy, as if God did thereby open them the gate of happiness. But the men of learning understood it, that the security of their holy house was dissolved of its own accord, and that the gate was opened for the advantage of their enemies. So these publicly declared that the signal foreshowed the desolation that was coming upon them. Besides these, a few days after that feast, on the one and twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Jyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared: I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner [court of the temple,] as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "Let us remove hence."

Book V1 Chapt 5 Section 3, 24 http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/josephus/war-6.htm
On another thread an avowed atheist proclaimed that only theists troll not atheists. Just marking this spot. Now back to your regular arguments. ;)

I was very leery of those who loved to throw their bats, so I was very cautious, no head trauma.

The job of Shimon Petur was to insure that this new religion would not resemble Judaism.
He succeeded.

There are Rabbinical writings that haven't been translated yet to their sensitive nature.
Simon Peter was a Tanna named Shimon who decided to join the members of this new religion and P'tur (make them exempt) them from following any of the Commandments.

NONE of the commandments-----were they supposed to continue to be a jesus cult?

He succeeded.

It was sort of a Hellenist movement.
Nobody expected a human to be deified decades later.

He succeeded.

It was sort of a Hellenist movement.
Nobody expected a human to be deified decades later.

Oh----that's what I kinda THUNK about the early movement----
I also kinda thunk that the stories of PERSECUTION thereof by some unknown wicked "high priests"------did not make sense.
My sense of things is that the Constantine people created
that whole thing as a rationale to genocide the remaining JOOOS. (do I come off as a conspiracy theory nut?)

He succeeded.

OH! Look! Another rabbit hole!

He succeeded.

where ? I have been looking for that damned rabbit hole ALL MY LIFE

He succeeded.

It's next to that confounded bridge...

He succeeded.

tell me TELL ME -----which bridge----I WANT TO CONFRONT THE QUEEN OF HEARTS!!!!!

tell me TELL ME -----which bridge----I WANT TO CONFRONT THE QUEEN OF HEARTS!!!!!
The one in the Led Zepplin song, and more butts are exposed for you, since you enjoy them so much....

If you are curious about the " Shimon" you can start with Shimon Ben Shetach who was an actual historically figure his sister was " Salome" or sholameet Janneus married to Alexander Janneus of course that would take you back to 100 bce and show Yushu Ben panderas as as one of the compiled Christ figures...You see the problem is all the different figures were compiled from different peoples and compiled into the stories and myths in the New Testament... The compilers of the New Testament could get away with the because all the people who knew the events had died off many years before... These things could be easily hidden till now because of the Information Age...Michael could explain it much better then I can if he chose to ... It is an interesting story and might get some of you some understandings as to where the hate started between the different sects in Israel at the time and how these myths got their start... Shimon became the high priest at the time appointed by his sister after her husband passed away...This is not up for debate from me just a friendly passing of info for any who care to look into it...

He succeeded.

There in lies the trick. There is ALWAYS another rabbit hole.

He succeeded.

It called education.
You insult God by inferring His words are simple.

It called education.

You insult me by inferring there is a god.

It called education.

Don't worry, within 120 years you'll know.

It called education.

How convenient for you. Oh well ...as long as it is just you and a handful of fruitcakes holding their breath.

It called education.

How convenient for you. Oh well ...as long as it is just you and a handful of fruitcakes holding their breath.
No skin off my back.
Jews don't proselytize.

It called education.

No skin off my back.
Jews don't proselytize.

They do today.

It called education.

No skin off my back.
Jews don't proselytize.

They do today.

I am fascinated, penny. Can you describe your
encounters with jews who tried to convince you to
convert to Judaism? How did they go about it?
Knocking on your front door ---like friendly JW's?
Being a jew myself-----of course, I never had such
an experience

Forum List

Back