There is no rapture, Jesus is not coming back in the clouds

Shmuley Boteach for one. Also the Maccabees forced conversion of the edomites.

Guno and every Jew on this board who says the NT is crap is really saying we are the real thing, well if the NT is crap, then the OT is as well.

Guno and every Jew on this board who says the NT is crap is really saying we are the real thing, well if the NT is crap, then the OT is as well.

Shmuley Boteach came knocking on your door? Did you offer him a cup of coffee? My mom did that when a JW came LONG LONG ago----I was a little kid then-----after that mom could never shake her off-------when I was a teen--she started to talk to me. You believe that saying the NT is crap is an attempt to PROSELYTIZE you?-------you HAVE no
NOTION what proselytizing is. The "OT" is not the "NT" The Edomites are the
descendants of ESAU------ie ---they are the descendants of Isaac (that is the son of Abraham...
twin brother to Jacob) For the Maccabees they were-----sorta part of the family. In fact----
lots of them had already ASSIMILATED into the Jewish people before the Maccabees went
ape-shit. BTW----jews do consider the HASMONEANS a corrupted family. When you say
MACCABEES you are making a mistake----the HASMONEANS were descendants of the
Maccabees----not Maccabees themselves -----IT'S NOT A RACE. Are you still confused?

Last edited:

Shmuley Boteach came knocking on your door? Did you offer him a cup of coffee? My mom did that when a JW came LONG LONG ago----I was a little kid then-----after that mom could never shake her off-------when I was a teen--she started to talk to me. You believe that saying the NT is crap is an attempt to PROSELYTIZE you?-------you HAVE no
descendants of ESAU------ie ---they are the descendants of Isaac (that is the son of Abraham...
twin brother to Jacob) For the Maccabees they were-----sorta part of the family. In fact----
lots of them had already ASSIMILATED into the Jewish people before the Maccabees went
ape-shit. BTW----jews do consider the HASMONEANS a corrupted family. When you say
Maccabees----not Maccabees themselves -----IT'S NOT A RACE. Are you still confused?

No one knocks on my door but Baptists or Mormons, RC's do not knock on doors. Half the OT is in the NT. We know you have read neither.

No one knocks on my door but Baptists or Mormons, RC's do not knock on doors. Half the OT is in the NT. We know you have read neither.

No one knocks on your door but Baptists and Mormons----sorry to know that ----you have no friends or relatives who want to see you?. The "OT" is not "IN THE NT"-----in fact, none of it is. Words attributed to Jesus can be found in the Talmud and
the writings of Hillel. It is clear that Jesus KNOWS the contents of the ""OT" and makes some vague allusions---and that is about it. Try reading the books---it won't kill you.
Who are these "WE" that ---''know" what I have or have not
read?

It called education.
You insult God by inferring His words are simple.

You insult me by inferring there is a god.
Don't worry, within 120 years you'll know.

How convenient for you. Oh well ...as long as it is just you and a handful of fruitcakes holding their breath.
No skin off my back.
Jews don't proselytize.

They do today.
Where?

Shmuley Boteach is approached by celebrities.
The Maccabees? Huh?
Are you getting confused with the episode from the Book of Joshua?

Shmuley Boteach is approached by celebrities.
The Maccabees? Huh?
Are you getting confused with the episode from the Book of Joshua?

no----she is referring to a fight between edom and Judea when the HASMONEANS were big. There was a battle-----according to Josephus---the victorious Judeans insisted that
vanquished edomites who had fallen into idolatry, give up their pagan rituals and be circumcised (news to me---I thought that the edomites did engage in circumcision). That bit of legend had been hyperbolized in penny's mind to----"JEWS FORCE PEOPLE TO CONVERT" ---as a mandate. In view of the very limited time that the HASMONEANS were strong----the whole episode could not have amounted to much------besides which ---edomites were already kinda ASSIMILATED. Maybe the issue involved a very limited group of edomites ---emotionally attached to their idols or in alliance with a foreign
power

Penelope is yapping about or will probably bring up Herod who was mentioned in their books as his father was Edomite and he was allied with Rome... This again is problematic because of the compiled figures and stories( myths) in this figure ... So if the Jews did force convert Edomites it did not end to their advantage and being pragmatic and non proselytizing we didn't make that mistake again or if we did it was a very minor group..As for Shmuely he is usually explaining things from a Jewish perspective on tv .. He doesn't have satellite and television and radio like Christians do everyday rolling out their message... He certainly isn't standing on the street corners and popping up at your home banging on your door or ringing your doorbell trying to spread the good news...As a matter of fact I find it very humorous as there is no comparison....

Penelope is yapping about or will probably bring up Herod who was mentioned in their books as his father was Edomite and he was allied with Rome... This again is problematic because of the compiled figures and stories( myths) in this figure ... So if the Jews did force convert Edomites it did not end to their advantage and being pragmatic and non proselytizing we didn't make that mistake again or if we did it was a very minor group..As for Shmuely he is usually explaining things from a Jewish perspective on tv .. He doesn't have satellite and television and radio like Christians do everyday rolling out their message... He certainly isn't standing on the street corners and popping up at your home banging on your door or ringing your doorbell trying to spread the good news...As a matter of fact I find it very humorous as there is no comparison....

leave our dear Penny alone-----she is doing the VERY BEST that she can-----with so little material

penny did not do all that well in INTRO. TO LOGIC------
not her fault------congenital

Forum List

Back