'Instead of Gaza' | How should we name the new city?

If the Palestinians ever decide to live in peace with Israel, that may become a possibility, but not until them, and I would challenge you to point out any indications the Palestinians have any interest in living in peace with Israel.
I don't know if they have any interest now. But history isn't static. There was the time when any peaceful agreement between Israel and some Arab state seemed impossible. Now it is the reality.

No fricken kidding , Turkey would send Tanks & howitzers and Iran would send drones and IEDs
Iran is sending that to Lebanon and Syria right now. Are you going to make a buffer zone there too?

I don't know if they have any interest now. But history isn't static. There was the time when any peaceful agreement between Israel and some Arab state seemed impossible. Now it is the reality.
Polls show there is little too no support among the Palestinian people for living in peace with Israel, and there are certainly no Palestinian leaders who advocate living in peace with Israel, so for the foreseeable future, Israel will have to maintain security control over Gaza in order to protect Israeli citizens from further terrorist attacks.

Egypt Constructing Refugee City in North Sinai Ahead of Population Flood from Gaza

The Sinai Foundation for Human Rights, an Egyptian-American information company registered in the UK in 2021 and dedicated to disseminating accurate information about events in the Sinai, on Wednesday reported that “construction work currently taking place in eastern Sinai, is intended to create a high-security gated and isolated area near the borders with Gaza strip, in preparation for the reception of Palestinian refugees in the case of the mass exodus of the citizens of Gaza Strip.”

Construction-of-new-city-for-Gazan-Arabs-to-be-transferred-from-Rafah.jpg

Back in November, Al-Araby Al-Jadeed reported that Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi categorically rejected the resettlement of Gazan Arabs in the Sinai, stressing that the idea was “generating fury among Egyptians.”

The Egyptians were irate after Israel had leaked, on October 13, before the first IDF soldier set foot inside the Gaza Strip, a paper titled, “Options for a policy regarding Gaza’s civilian population,” that recommended transferring Gaza’s estimated 2.3 million civilians to Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula. The report suggested moving the Gazans into tent cities in Sinai before modern cities are constructed in a resettlement area.

The report also suggests the creation of a sterile zone on the Egyptian side of the border with Gaza, advising that “The return of the population to activities/residences near the border with Israel should not be allowed. In addition, a security perimeter should be established in our territory near the border with Egypt.”

Construction-works-on-a-new-city-for-Gazan-Arabs-in-north-Sinai..jpg

Al-Araby Al-Jadeed correspondent Lara Gibson declared that “Resettlement would be devastating for the Palestinian cause, as Sisi has said himself since the refugees would most likely be forever displaced in a second ‘Nakba.’ Israel would also be making a direct threat to Egyptian sovereignty, which Egyptian officials have declared is an absolute red line.”

And yet, according to The Sinai Foundation for Human Rights, comprised of a group of local activists, researchers, and journalists, whose stated mission is “to present a real picture of what is happening in the peninsula, to fight against all forms of violations, and shine a light on the humanitarian conditions of the locals as a weak, marginalized class that became victim to armed conflict,” the Gaza relocation is already in the works.

Read more -

Egypt Constructing Refugee City in North Sinai Ahead of Population Flood from Gaza

The Sinai Foundation for Human Rights, an Egyptian-American information company registered in the UK in 2021 and dedicated to disseminating accurate information about events in the Sinai, on Wednesday reported that “construction work currently taking place in eastern Sinai, is intended to create a high-security gated and isolated area near the borders with Gaza strip, in preparation for the reception of Palestinian refugees in the case of the mass exodus of the citizens of Gaza Strip.”

Construction-of-new-city-for-Gazan-Arabs-to-be-transferred-from-Rafah.jpg

Back in November, Al-Araby Al-Jadeed reported that Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi categorically rejected the resettlement of Gazan Arabs in the Sinai, stressing that the idea was “generating fury among Egyptians.”

The Egyptians were irate after Israel had leaked, on October 13, before the first IDF soldier set foot inside the Gaza Strip, a paper titled, “Options for a policy regarding Gaza’s civilian population,” that recommended transferring Gaza’s estimated 2.3 million civilians to Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula. The report suggested moving the Gazans into tent cities in Sinai before modern cities are constructed in a resettlement area.

The report also suggests the creation of a sterile zone on the Egyptian side of the border with Gaza, advising that “The return of the population to activities/residences near the border with Israel should not be allowed. In addition, a security perimeter should be established in our territory near the border with Egypt.”

Construction-works-on-a-new-city-for-Gazan-Arabs-in-north-Sinai..jpg

Al-Araby Al-Jadeed correspondent Lara Gibson declared that “Resettlement would be devastating for the Palestinian cause, as Sisi has said himself since the refugees would most likely be forever displaced in a second ‘Nakba.’ Israel would also be making a direct threat to Egyptian sovereignty, which Egyptian officials have declared is an absolute red line.”

And yet, according to The Sinai Foundation for Human Rights, comprised of a group of local activists, researchers, and journalists, whose stated mission is “to present a real picture of what is happening in the peninsula, to fight against all forms of violations, and shine a light on the humanitarian conditions of the locals as a weak, marginalized class that became victim to armed conflict,” the Gaza relocation is already in the works.

Read more -
This is good news! Move the Jew-haters to Egypt.

This is good news! Move the Jew-haters to Egypt.

Egypt is seeking to keep them refugees, i.e. transit station,
and make a high dime on each of the fatties leaving.

It's an industry, UNRWA is dying, thrown to Egypt
for a last squeeze, which needs it way more than
the fat Qatari oligarchs of Gaza.

Egypt is seeking to keep them refugees, i.e. transit station,
and make a high dime on every Gazan in and out.

It's an industry, UNRWA is dying, thrown to Egypt
for a last squezee which needs it way more than
the fat Qatari oligarchs of Gaza.
Better yet.

Those Gazans should have accepted Isrsel’s offer to give them their own land for peace. Too bad their hate for Jews overruled their common sense.

I‘m In my late 60s. A new personal goal of mine will be to visit the Israeli seaside resort where HAMAS formerly ruled. I’d say a year to clear it all out, two years for site and architectural plans (the first year coinciding with the clearing), and 8 - 10 years to build it all up. I hope to still be in my 70s when I go.

Better yet.

Those Gazans should have accepted Isrsel’s offer to give them their own land for peace. Too bad their hate for Jews overruled their common sense.

I‘m In my late 60s. A new personal goal of mine will be to visit the Israeli seaside resort where HAMAS formerly ruled. I’d say a year to clear it all out, two years for site and architectural plans (the first year coinciding with the clearing), and 8 - 10 years to build it all up. I hope to still be in my 70s when I go.

There's a saying in Israel - we can always rely on the stupidity of our enemies,
to fail any naïve idea and absurd offer in their favor.

Does it take that to rebuild, and clear the beach?

Only takes so much when Arabs do it...

Forum List

Back