There is no potato

By the way the best ever home fries are cooked in lots of butter and bacon grease.............

By the way the best ever home fries are cooked in lots of butter and bacon grease.............

There was always a can of bacon grease right by the stove.

We'd cook the burgers 1st, then add bacon grease for the pan fries.

And a huge local favorite, boiled crawfish.

crawfish-boil.jpg
That's gross. They're arthropods. Bugs.

We have those up north here in Ohio too. But we certainly don't eat them.

Taters are good just about anyway you can make em…...jackets left on are good too...….cept when mashed, then naked

Looks delicious. Too bad I don't eat many potatoes.
That's why I stipulated, "if I give in......" :lol:
Typically I eat many more rice dishes and only eat potatoes once or twice a month. That's a good thing because I could live on potatoes (and hamburger.......). :D
Why is rice better for you than potatoes?
In my case because I generally don't load up high fat, high sodium items in my rice......... Potatoes on the other hand, that's what potatoes are for!!! :thup:

Typically I eat many more rice dishes and only eat potatoes once or twice a month. That's a good thing because I could live on potatoes (and hamburger.......). :D
In my case because I generally don't load up high fat, high sodium items in my rice......... Potatoes on the other hand, that's what potatoes are for!!! :thup:
I can do potatoes either way. My family just peels, quarters and boils them plain a lot of times. That's how we ate them. Or mashed potatoes with just a chip of butter. My mom put creamed corn on hers. Sounds gross--not that bad.
Baked potatoes loaded with steamed seasoned vegetables are good. You can slow cook down some fresh mushrooms and onions in just a whisper of butter and lots of seasoning -- I like Worcestershire sauce -- there is plenty of liquid in the 'shrooms if you cover them and go slow. Pile them on a nice fluffy baked potato, you don't need a lot of fat. Or steamed broccoli with just a LITTLE cheese on top.
I love potatoes, naked or not.

I can do potatoes either way. My family just peels, quarters and boils them plain a lot of times. That's how we ate them. Or mashed potatoes with just a chip of butter. My mom put creamed corn on hers. Sounds gross--not that bad.
Baked potatoes loaded with steamed seasoned vegetables are good. You can slow cook down some fresh mushrooms and onions in just a whisper of butter and lots of seasoning -- I like Worcestershire sauce -- there is plenty of liquid in the 'shrooms if you cover them and go slow. Pile them on a nice fluffy baked potato, you don't need a lot of fat. Or steamed broccoli with just a LITTLE cheese on top.

iu

iu

Impure heathens!!!!!!!!! Begone!!!!

It's sad that there are people that think cheese on a potato is "good food."

I'm from south Louisiana. That's not even in the top 100 down here. Our food would blow you away.

Why I love living on the East Coast of Texas.
Cajun,Creole,BBQ,Tex Mex,Mexican,Soul Food and Southern Food in general.
No way in hell I'm leaving this region!!!
Well, if the global warming alarmist are correct ya might want to put a contingency plan in place........

how-the-earth-would-look-if-all-the-ice-melted-73.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Every pic you put up got me drooling. I'd as soon eat a plate of that as a piece of steak, and I mean it. But it doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Every pic you put up got me drooling. I'd as soon eat a plate of that as a piece of steak, and I mean it. But it doesn't HAVE to be that way.
Sacrilege!!!!!!!!

I'm from south Louisiana. That's not even in the top 100 down here. Our food would blow you away.

Well, if the global warming alarmist are correct ya might want to put a contingency plan in place........

So how many years do I have this time?

I have no idea but maybe start planning an ark? Or just go simple and buy a houseboat........ :D

I have no idea but maybe start planning an ark? Or just go simple and buy a houseboat........ :D

Meh....I'm 54 with no kids,I'll take my chances.
But if the shit really hits the fan I can indulge a bit of fun.
I've always wanted to be a pirate......I can definitely see me robbing the booty and heading for a distant island.

No fat. Pure heaven. New thin skinned red potatoes with a little parsley or whatever herb you like from the garden.

1371591228151.jpeg

There's a diner not far from here that serves German potato wedges--they're just sliced Idahoes baked with some seasonings on the outside til they're brownish on the outside and nice and light on the inside--they're awesome

No fat. Pure heaven. New thin skinned red potatoes with a little parsley or whatever herb you like from the garden.

1371591228151.jpeg

There's a diner not far from here that serves German potato wedges--they're just sliced Idahoes baked with some seasonings on the outside til they're brownish on the outside and nice and light on the inside--they're awesome
Evil barbarians!!!!!!

Forum List

Back