The "Virtuous" New Nazis.

Because the boycott is only on Israeli outlets and not on muslim outlets selling the same goods. This makes it a RACIST ATTACK and hence ANTI SEMITISM.

If it was truly a boycott of Israeli goods then the muslim shops should be targeted as well. Only a neo marxist neo nazi would not see that as true and welcome the next line of attack on the Jews, just as we saw in 1930's Germany. We have had little " krystalnachts" already along with burning of Torah scrolls and defacing Jewish homes, shops and Synagogues. Dont forget tainted that it was you neo marxists that tried to silence all debate when your political party was in power, and invited extremist muslims to come here and attack British Jews

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THE LABOUR PARTY THROWING OVER 1 MILLION UNDERAGE SCHOOLGIRLS TO THE MUSLIMS AS SEX SLAVES IN RETURN FOR 500 VOTES.

Thats a nonsense and you know it. In my life time I have boycotted South African and Chilean goods.
I have also boycotted businesses like Starbucks,Vodafone, Amazon and Sports Direct because of their dubious business model. I used to get my specs from Specsavers until I read about their tax avoidance and I have never bought the Sun or other Murdoch rags.

I know some on here have claimed to be boycotting Target in the US.

To me boycotting is a low key and non violent protest.

I disagree with the way that Israel treats the Palestinians but that does not make me anti-Semitic. How should I express this to meet your satisfaction ?

LIAR as you have shown yourself to be a racist nazi and anti semitic. We have all seen the video's of the same people attacking elderly people that then protest about animal cruelty by attacking other elderly people. The video of the man plainly being racist who was asked why he was targeting a Jewish shop when the muslim shop over the road sold the same goods and replied because he was boycotting Jewish goods. It is the same old lefty rent a mob that rely on daddies money to bail them out when they are arrested.

How do the Israeli's treat the arab muslims then, any differently to how the Welsh treat the English ?
And this is a good example of an incoherent and crazed loon. Please show me where I have been anti Semitic.

That's what they all say.
Perhaps because there is no basis to the accusation.

I know that there is anti Semitism out there. I have seen it, albeit in a mild form. But when I get accused of it for no reason it does make me wonder if it is being exaggerated out of context.
You do more harm than good when you make wild allegations.

For no good reason. lmao.

What does your last sentence mean? Some kind of moral judgement?

Thats a nonsense and you know it. In my life time I have boycotted South African and Chilean goods.
I have also boycotted businesses like Starbucks,Vodafone, Amazon and Sports Direct because of their dubious business model. I used to get my specs from Specsavers until I read about their tax avoidance and I have never bought the Sun or other Murdoch rags.

I disagree with the way that Israel treats the Palestinians but that does not make me anti-Semitic. How should I express this to meet your satisfaction ?

LIAR as you have shown yourself to be a racist nazi and anti semitic. We have all seen the video's of the same people attacking elderly people that then protest about animal cruelty by attacking other elderly people. The video of the man plainly being racist who was asked why he was targeting a Jewish shop when the muslim shop over the road sold the same goods and replied because he was boycotting Jewish goods. It is the same old lefty rent a mob that rely on daddies money to bail them out when they are arrested.

How do the Israeli's treat the arab muslims then, any differently to how the Welsh treat the English ?
And this is a good example of an incoherent and crazed loon. Please show me where I have been anti Semitic.

I know that there is anti Semitism out there. I have seen it, albeit in a mild form. But when I get accused of it for no reason it does make me wonder if it is being exaggerated out of context.

Its an observation. If I can be accused of anti semitism then it naturally makes you wonder when others are accused of the same.
Its a variant of crying wolf. It gets in the way of real issues.

Its an observation. If I can be accused of anti semitism then it naturally makes you wonder when others are accused of the same.

I don't wonder. I don't need to.

However, former Chief Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks added his voice to the complaint that Mr Corbyn appeared to compare the state of Israel to so-called Islamic State (IS), calling it "demonisation of the highest order, an outrage and unacceptable".

The comments showed "how deep the sickness is in parts of the left of British politics today", he said in a statement.

He said IS was "a terrorist entity whose barbarities have been condemned by all those who value our common humanity. In the current political climate, when hate crimes are rising and political rhetoric is increasingly divisive, this is all the more shocking."

Chief Rabbi condemns 'offensive' Corbyn anti-Semitism comments - BBC News

Corbyn is a hateful person that will LIE to gain a point over his opponents. His latest stunt to sit on the floor of a half empty train trying to claim the rail networks were letting down passengers was a typical example. He has pledged to plunge the UK into massive debt to pay for his nationalisation and cronieism. In the process he will engineer attacks on the Jews and their supporters using rent a mob and the great unwashed uni lefties. We see it now in Labour heartlands where Jewish homes are now derelict muslim squats. Vibrant integrated Jewish areas and now segregated no go muslim enclaves. All down to the left's rampant anti semitism and Jew hatreds that has risen to the top at the same rate as the neo marxists have taken over. This has led to the nazi's being more openly racist and anti semitic. Maybe the police should arrest Corbyn for his offensive anti semitism and see what the party Grandees do then ?

So when you lefties were doing it to anyone that opposed the Labour party and its policies of protectionism of child abusers . When you were told to brand anyone that spoke out against islam and the muslims as racists and nazi's it was O.K. But now it is being used against you when you attack the Jews simply because they are Jews and no other reason it is crying wolf. Even in the bad days of Labours rule we told you and your fellow leftists that you were the real fascists, racists and nazi's and pointed to your treatment of hard working Ballerina's as an example. How do you go about justifying the hounding, threats and abuse because she held a different political view to yours.

Because the boycott is only on Israeli outlets and not on muslim outlets selling the same goods. This makes it a RACIST ATTACK and hence ANTI SEMITISM.

If it was truly a boycott of Israeli goods then the muslim shops should be targeted as well. Only a neo marxist neo nazi would not see that as true and welcome the next line of attack on the Jews, just as we saw in 1930's Germany. We have had little " krystalnachts" already along with burning of Torah scrolls and defacing Jewish homes, shops and Synagogues. Dont forget tainted that it was you neo marxists that tried to silence all debate when your political party was in power, and invited extremist muslims to come here and attack British Jews

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THE LABOUR PARTY THROWING OVER 1 MILLION UNDERAGE SCHOOLGIRLS TO THE MUSLIMS AS SEX SLAVES IN RETURN FOR 500 VOTES.

in the future I will point out for you how the nature of your
posts reveal the fact that you are anti-Semitic. I am a minor expert-----I grew up in a town that was heavily WASP----in the true sense of WASP----anglo saxon protestant having been
of that unfortunate nature since the time that the "united 'states" was -----THE COLONIES. My paternal "ancestors" resided in London----east end, of course. If
you lived in the USA, you would be a typical anti-Semitic
WASP. Even way back when I was a kid ---the PLETHORA of anti-jewish propaganda that floated around was "pro-arab" ------long before I knew what an "arab" is-----or where Syria happens to be-------I understood that the seedy little
propaganda pamphlets that floated around my town had something to do with Syria and "arabs" I thought that Syria had lots of Nazis-----but later found out that what Syria had was escaped Nazi war criminals who were prolific writers.
Of course I also thought that Syria was a CHRISTIAN country
since all the Syrians I knew were Christians with extra lines
in their crosses (keep in mind---your literature fell into my hands by the time I was eight years old)
Um, ok.

good answer. Kinda like Hillary's
"I CAN TAKE IT" ------(from the deplorables)
Well you sorta stumped me. You accused me of something pretty horrible and then backed it up with some stories from your childhood. Not sure what the correct response is to that.

Accept that you are acting exactly the same way as those people, and that they were openly anti semitic and racist. You are trying to hide behind symantics and failing because the people are better educated than they were in the 1930's

It's not that clear-cut.
"Operative Paragraph One "Affirms that the fulfillment of Charter principles requires the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East which should include the application of both the following principles:
(i) Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict;
(ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force."
(UN Security Council Resolution 242 Adopted unanimously half a century ago)

Which is not legally enforceable as it is just a set of recommendations. You also need to read the authors side notes that clearly state this means in the goodness of time after a peace treaty has been thrashed out. Why do you always gloss over the next part that tells the arab muslims what they must do. In matter of fact 242 dictates to the arab muslims and not the Jews, which is why the arab muslims try to alter its meaning
Anyone who can read English has no difficulty with the diplomatic meaning of "Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied". Putting it in one word: ¡Fuera!

It seems that you do as it does not say when or which territories it means, that is in the description of the meaning as provided by the authors.

The most controversial clause in Resolution 242 is the call for the "Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict." This is linked to the second unambiguous clause calling for "termination of all claims or states of belligerency" and the recognition that "every State in the area" has the "right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force."

The British Ambassador who drafted the approved resolution, Lord Caradon, declared after the vote: "It is only the resolution that will bind us, and we regard its wording as clear."

This literal interpretation was repeatedly declared to be the correct one by those involved in drafting the resolution. On October 29, 1969, for example, the British Foreign Secretary told the House of Commons the withdrawal envisaged by the resolution would not be from "all the territories." When asked to explain the British position later, Lord Caradon said: "It would have been wrong to demand that Israel return to its positions of June 4, 1967, because those positions
were undesirable and artificial."

Similarly, Amb. Goldberg explained: "The notable omissions-which were not accidental-in regard to withdrawal are the words 'the' or 'all' and 'the June 5, 1967 lines'....the resolution speaks of withdrawal from occupied territories without defining the extent of withdrawal."

The resolutions clearly call on the Arab states to make peace with Israel. The principal condition is that Israel withdraw from "territories occupied" in 1967, which means that Israel must withdraw from some, all, or none of the territories still occupied. Since Israel withdrew from 91% of the territories when it gave up the Sinai, it has already partially, if not wholly, fulfilled its obligation under 242.

So what conclusion do you draw from the true meaning of 242, as opposed to the islamonazi one you seem to think is the real one ?

The Meaning of UN Security Council Resolution 242 | Jewish Virtual Library
Forgive me but no amount of verbiage can make the words ""Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied".mean that the Israelis should stay in the occupied territories.

The have left under the terms of UN res 242, as it does not stipulate when and which does it. Fully explained by the authors, and still islamonazi's get it wrong.

The OP is a bit hysterical in comparing events in nazi Germany to an economic boycott of Israeli goods.

Its very insulting to those who died under the Nazis.

The thrust seems to be that Israel has done no wrong and that any criticism of Israel is akin to anti semitism.

That is an outrageous suggestion and one designed to silence all debate.

It does the Israeli people no service whatsoever.

No it is an example of just what you are a racist moron. All your attacks on the Jews are anti semitism because you have no foundation for them other than what you get from neo marxist, neo nazi or islamic sources.

The OP is a bit hysterical in comparing events in nazi Germany to an economic boycott of Israeli goods.

Its very insulting to those who died under the Nazis.

The thrust seems to be that Israel has done no wrong and that any criticism of Israel is akin to anti semitism.

That is an outrageous suggestion and one designed to silence all debate.

It does the Israeli people no service whatsoever.

Exactly and why he is proving himself to be an anti semite. Just as the racist will say they cant be racist because they have coloured friends...................

Ever thought that you have been educated to ignore it when you do it, so cant see it and go all librarian when it is pointed out. The usual response of the anti semite

Boycotts are a good approach. How you doing on fuel oil and gasoline?

Boycotts and peaceful protests are civilized means of creating change. Beats the hell out of IED's and suicide vests.

There is nothing either peaceful nor civilized about trying to destroy a tiny country because you hate their ethnicity and because you have joined the campaign of the savages whose only wish in life is to kill them.

I don't think that is why they are engaging in boycotts - it's a means to try and achieve a change in policy - whether right or wrong. It's certainly far more preferable than violence. Regardless of what you think about Israel - it isn't exactly black and white. There are wrongs and injustices on both sides, that need to be resolved.

Terrorism is a means to try and achieve a change in policy, and that has been proven not to work. To the lefties it is a means to engage in their nazism and racism legally until people start invoking laws and using the terminology in their favour. If we find BDS offensive then report the rallies as such to the police, if we see them as racially offensive tell the people taking part that we are reporting them as such. The message will go out very quickly and the racist followers of BDS will start wearing mask's to hide their identities, proving that they are just nazi racists out to attack the Jews. Every one arrested shown to be a political activist for the labour party would be a nail in Labours coffin and eventually an end to neo marxism

Terrorism against Jews was going on long before the State of Israel.

Some interesting history here.

The Myth of Moslem-Jewish coexistence in Palestine

PS. Do you see any similar outrage directed to the latest onslaught on Aleppo?

No, sadly.

Nor at the violence in the Ukraine.

Nor the upsurge in violence in the Congo.

Nor the human rights violations against the Rohinga.

Seems there are those who's only interest is in the IP conflict. And that includes opponents and proponents. Outrage against Israel's actions, outrage against Palestinian actions and a complete ignoring when the same thing happens elsewhere. Is that anti-semitism? Then what it is it when Team Israel criticizes the Palestinians and ignores the same things happening elsewhere?

I think the anti-semitism label can become a tactic to avoid difficult conversations - like the racist label. It absolutely exists, but it gets overused.

Boycotts and peaceful protests are civilized means of creating change. Beats the hell out of IED's and suicide vests.

There is nothing either peaceful nor civilized about trying to destroy a tiny country because you hate their ethnicity and because you have joined the campaign of the savages whose only wish in life is to kill them.

I don't think that is why they are engaging in boycotts - it's a means to try and achieve a change in policy - whether right or wrong. It's certainly far more preferable than violence. Regardless of what you think about Israel - it isn't exactly black and white. There are wrongs and injustices on both sides, that need to be resolved.

Terrorism is a means to try and achieve a change in policy, and that has been proven not to work. To the lefties it is a means to engage in their nazism and racism legally until people start invoking laws and using the terminology in their favour. If we find BDS offensive then report the rallies as such to the police, if we see them as racially offensive tell the people taking part that we are reporting them as such. The message will go out very quickly and the racist followers of BDS will start wearing mask's to hide their identities, proving that they are just nazi racists out to attack the Jews. Every one arrested shown to be a political activist for the labour party would be a nail in Labours coffin and eventually an end to neo marxism

No, sadly.

Seems there are those who's only interest is in the IP conflict. And that includes opponents and proponents. Outrage against Israel's actions, outrage against Palestinian actions and a complete ignoring when the same thing happens elsewhere. Is that anti-semitism? Then what it is it when Team Israel criticizes the Palestinians and ignores the same things happening elsewhere?

I think the anti-semitism label can become a tactic to avoid difficult conversations - like the racist label. It absolutely exists, but it gets overused.

Do you think Jeremy Corbyn is an anti Semite?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2015/05/campus-politics

Are calls to boycott Israel anti-Semitic?

And student-government councils are increasingly embracing BDS resolutions at “dozens of college campuses across the country,” according to the New York Times. These students join peers on campuses in Canada and Europe, such as Britain, France. This has not resulted in any official changes in college policy, but the debates on campuses rage on, and they rage in circles. Critics of Israeli policy argue that the country denies basic human rights to millions of Palestinians on the West Bank and in Gaza, and sustains its occupation of Arab land with indiscriminate force. Israel’s defenders say that the Palestinians are at least partially to blame for the impasse in the peace process, and they add that the BDS campaign singles out the world’s lone Jewish state for criticism when plenty of other countries, including many of Israel’s Arab neighbours, mete out more flagrant injustices. This selectivity, say BDS critics, smacks of anti-Semitism.

Both sides are clinging to specious arguments. Claims that the BDS campaign is somehow misguided because its proponents are not troubled enough over the denial of the vote to 1.3 billion Chinese people or the sad state of women’s rights in Saudi Arabia are doubtful. There is no duty to fight all injustice in order to fight some. And it’s no defence of Israel to say that policies are just as bad or worse elsewhere. BDS supporters are right when they say that criticism of Israel can be delivered without anti-Semitic intent. If the two are really of a piece, then Ha’aretz, the Israeli daily preferred by Israel's leftist intelligentsia, is a hotbed of Jew hatred.

That said, calls for boycotts on some campuses have been tainted by clear expressions of anti-Jewish sentiment. At the University of California, Davis earlier this year, a successful boycott vote was followed by Muslims taunting Jewish students with chants of "allahu-akbar" and painting swastikas on a Jewish fraternity. At UCLA a Jewish student almost lost a seat on the student judicial board over concerns among fellow students that she was perhaps too "active in the Jewish community" to "maintain an unbiased view."

The BDS campaign also seems to prefer straw men to realistic positions. Take the demand that Israel retreat to its 1967 borders, before it seized the Sinai, the West Bank and the Golan Heights in a defensive six-day war. BDS fails to address the complexities of such a move. Hundreds of thousands of Israelis now live beyond this border. Some of these settlers will have to go, but it would be unreasonable to shove everyone out of homes they have lived in for decades. Advocates of a two-state solution have taken account of this complication with proposals to swap out some land in pre-1967 Israel for equal portions of land on the West Bank. But reasoned compromise is not part of the BDS discourse.

The same goes for the campaign’s demand that Israel submit to an unconditional right of return for descendants of Palestinians who fled or were expelled from their homes in the wake of the war of independence in 1948. Supporters must know that an influx of 5m Palestinians into pre-1967 Israel would put an end to any possibility of Israel continuing to be a Jewish and democratic state. This is the so-called one-state solution, a resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian impasse that is born of fantasy, not of pragmatism.

This is not to say that the BDS campaign is necessarily anti-Semitic. Opponents of the boycott need to make a better case than that. But to sanction Israeli companies and universities until Israel agrees to implode is not quite kosher, either. The boycott movement springs from a noble motive of advocating for a long-suffering underdog. But the positions BDS pushes are non-starters for Middle East peace negotiations. They can only inspire resentment and retrenchment, not constructive dialogue, among students on college campuses.

No, sadly.

I don't know - I need to read more about him, I'm not that familiar with British politicians and I've not paid attention to the postings about him.

No, sadly.

I don't know - I need to read more about him, I'm not that familiar with British politicians and I've not paid attention to the postings about him.

The OP is about what is happening in England.

No, sadly.

The title states anti-semitism in rising in Europe. You've also brought in Middle East elements. Talking about antisemitism in Europe doesn't require close knowledge of specific politicians. Antisemitism is cultural.

From The Independent.

More maybe: later.

How it is possible to guarantee the complexion of another’s soul when our own are such mysteries to us, I don't know. Speaking generally, it is easier these days, anyway, to hate Israel rather than Jews, since you get the same frisson with none of the guilt. Besides, anti-Semitism need not be the worst of crimes. Depends on the variety you espouse. Not every anti-Semite is Joseph Goebbels. You can not like Jews much and be no great harm to them.

No, sadly.

The title states anti-semitism in rising in Europe. You've also brought in Middle East elements. Talking about antisemitism in Europe doesn't require close knowledge of specific politicians. Antisemitism is cultural.

I didn't mean to bring them in, I was dragged into it. So it's not my fault.

You're not entirely blameless.

As I recall:

There's a new fashion sweeping Europe: to make one’s town or city what we might call ‘Zionistfrei’ — free of the products and culture of the Jewish state. Across the Continent, cities and towns are declaring themselves ‘Israel-freezones,’ insulating their citizens from Israeli produce and culture. It has ugly echoes of what happened 70 years ago.”

Forum List

Back