The New Deplorables

Coyotes can certainly be a problem. It's still in very poor taste.
Well you gotta do something with them.....Pelt prices suck ass. Maybe $10.00 each as they were shot this past Summer....I doubt even any value at all (other than the bounty) given that big-ass holes that were blown in them.

The whole fur market has been is a slump for years.....A far cry from the prices we were getting in the 80s.

Bobcat is better now but given the value of the dollar today, it's still not much of a much in comparison.

On the whole it's hardly worth making a set anymore. You make much more hiring out your skills as a nuisance trapper now, removing nuisance animals from hobby farms and the like.

Well you gotta do something with them.....Pelt prices suck ass. Maybe $10.00 each as they were shot this past Summer....I doubt even any value at all (other than the bounty) given that big-ass holes that were blown in them.

The whole fur market has been is a slump for years.....A far cry from the prices we were getting in the 80s.

Bobcat is better now but given the value of the dollar today, it's still not much of a much in comparison.

On the whole it's hardly worth making a set anymore. You make much more hiring out your skills as a nuisance trapper now, removing nuisance animals from hobby farms and the like.

A buddy and I ran a trap line when we were in our teens. We did pretty well with rabbits, muskrats, an occasional mink and fox.

You could bring in coyote ears for $3 back then. That's about $26 in today's money. I never hunted them though.

Honestly no because any good idea has to be based in some sort of reality. The scenario you set forth doesn't so... You could just as easily say that if everyone in the area were all of the same faith and all believed the same thing there would be peace. While that's true, since that's not going to happen what's the point of discussing it?
The current reality doesn’t have much going for it either. Time to think outside the box.

A buddy and I ran a trap line when we were in our teens. We did pretty well with rabbits, muskrats, an occasional mink and fox.

You could bring in coyote ears for $3 back then. That's about $26 in today's money. I never hunted them though.
I enjoyed making fox and bobcat sets but I was put to work with coon and muskrat trapping (some otter and mink) to the point it was just a means to a end.....I hated fleshing-out coons.....Blah!

Anything extra to put toward home improvements and such was made by trapping when I was a teen.

Hell I even saved hides from the deer and the tails from squirrels we killed....$2.00 for a deer hide and .25 cents for a squirrel tail was real money back then.

LOL....I always got my shipping refunded from Mepps because between myself, dad and granddad we would average better than 300 a season. That's a lot of tails. ;)

You can still sell them to Mepps today....The money is the same but without the buying power.

The current reality doesn’t have much going for it either. Time to think outside the box.
You said that your idea isn’t in the realm of reality.

What needs to happen is the Muslim world needs to grow up. That ultimately is the problem. And one that can and will be solved over time.

I enjoyed making fox and bobcat sets but I was put to work with coon and muskrat trapping (some otter and mink) to the point it was just a means to a end.....I hated fleshing-out coons.....Blah!

Anything extra to put toward home improvements and such was made by trapping when I was a teen.

Hell I even saved hides from the deer and the tails from squirrels we killed....$2.00 for a deer hide and .25 cents for a squirrel tail was real money back then.

LOL....I always got my shipping refunded from Mepps because between myself, dad and granddad we would average better than 300 a season. That's a lot of tails. ;)

You can still sell them to Mepps today....The money is the same but without the buying power.

We bought skin stretchers, and plenty of salt. Skinned the animals from the nose, like we were pros. Our feelings were stepped on, when the man told us that he'd pay us the same amount for the whole animals.
I guess we weren't as good at it as we thought. But hey, same pay for less work, worked just fine for us.

At least the unsavoury Weatherpan is honest about his raging Racist nature .
Always ready to swallow Fake News about massacres and burning babies and pitching for a totally biased one sided argument .

You are seeing the vile and filthy side of many people as Hysteria takes over .
Child murdering Hamas.
IMG_8232.jpeg

Coyotes can certainly be a problem. It's still in very poor taste.
Coyotes are more than just a problem. They are in fact vermin. They kill dogs, livestock and will even attack humans. Often times they kill for sport, not taking the kill and eating it. My dog was killed by coyotes 25 feet off my back porch.

We bought skin stretchers, and plenty of salt. Skinned the animals from the nose, like we were pros. Our feelings were stepped on, when the man told us that he'd pay us the same amount for the whole animals.
I guess we weren't as good at it as we thought. But hey, same pay for less work, worked just fine for us.
I doubt it was you.....There was a couple year period in the 80s when coons were so valuable the buyers hired skinners/fleshers and you just went and dropped them off.....$30 bucks a pop! Salad days for sure!

I think it had something to do with a embargo on Soviet fur.

Coyotes are more than just a problem. They are in fact vermin. They kill dogs, livestock and will even attack humans. Often times they kill for sport, not taking the kill and eating it. My dog was killed by coyotes 25 feet off my back porch.
Yeah, I know, we have plenty of them around here. That's really sad about them killing your dog.

I doubt it was you.....There was a couple year period in the 80s when coons were so valuable the buyers hired skinners/fleshers and you just went and dropped them off.....$30 bucks a pop! Salad days for sure!

I think it had something to do with a embargo on Soviet fur.
We were running the line in the late '60s, so that didn't apply to us. But, I'm sure that the buyer had hired pro skinners.

There will be no solution until Canaan is a unitary, multi-ethnic, secular state and the Old City of Jerusalem and Temple Mount are internationally-administered historical sites with no religious rites, Jewish, Christian, Muslim or any other, permitted, much like how the Hagia Sophia is a museum. Religiously-focused parties should be banned as they mainly breed discord and fight any compromises.
You should live so long

We were running the line in the late '60s, so that didn't apply to us. But, I'm sure that the buyer had hired pro skinners.
Yeah, I heard some did but not in my AO.

LOL.....Usually the fur buyer came around on Christmas Eve to buy in my town. Nobody paid any attention to "limits" except for beaver that had to have a tag issued by the game warden.

He paid in cash and to us seeing a few thousand on the kitchen table was really something. ;)

Sleepy Old Uncle Joe's on-again-off-again support for the beleaguered people of Israel has turned me off.

Either back your ally to the hilt of get-the-phukk-off the stage.

I was quite gratified to see two (2) US Navy carrier battle-groups assigned to the region to send a clear message.

I was quite mortified to hear Biden backtrack on his "All-the-way" support and try to pressure Israel into letting-up.

This is war... a declared war, no less... war to the hilt... Hamas must be destroyed and its leadership killed.

The cowards of Hamas hide behind the skirts of their own women and children and behead the children of their enemies.

The inhuman scum of Hamas must die.

The only way that happens is if Israel "goes all the way" this time and slaughters Hamas members and destroys their lairs.

Sleepy Old Uncle Joe and his wishy-washy administration are tugging on the Israel's weapons-supply leash again.

For once, it's my hope that Israeli leadership ignores the political issues and presses ahead to kill-off Hamas and its leaders.

I am seriously considering changing my Registered (D) Voters status to that of (I)... or (R), if they run Haley or DeSantis.

Death to Hamas.

Go Team Israel.

Yeah, I heard some did but not in my AO.

LOL.....Usually the fur buyer came around on Christmas Eve to buy in my town. Nobody paid any attention to "limits" except for beaver that had to have a tag issued by the game warden.

He paid in cash and to us seeing a few thousand on the kitchen table was really something. ;)
Our guy was local, in an established business. We sold to him about every two weeks.

Forum List

Back