The Ryan family business: Oh I thought he was born poor?

Envy is such an ugly thing.

What part of posting factual data on a candidate suggests envy? The volume of posts on Obama - his religion, his place of birth, his grades - is okay, but this thread is not, is prima facie hypocrisy.

Bwaaaa........:lol:

Who the fuck do you think envies Obamafuck??? Oh yeah progressives....

Then you wonder why progressives are accused of viewing Obamafuck as a Messiah or idol?

Unbelievable.....

I see your mistake. You confused 'putting away for college' with 'he paid for college with his father's SS'.

The SS benefits he 'put away for college' obviously went towards college, but were certainly not enough to have 'paid for college'.

And yet, curiously enough, it is the only thing mentioned when how he paid for college is mentioned. Funny that...
Tell you what.

Instead of infering that he paid for college completely with SS Survivors Benefits, do this...
A... find out where & when he went to college, and find out the average tuition cost for the years he went
B... find out what the SS Survivors Benefits were at the time he was receiving them (remembering that due to SS cuts, they were phased out in the mid 80's).
C... compare the tuition figures from part A, to the benefits in part B.

If you can prove that the SS Survivors benefits could have completely paid for his tuition, I will have myself IP banned.

I don't understand how it would be wrong if Ryan did pay for his college with his fathers benefits...

His father only paid good money into the account - it's not welfare - it's a right.

And yet, curiously enough, it is the only thing mentioned when how he paid for college is mentioned. Funny that...
Tell you what.

Instead of infering that he paid for college completely with SS Survivors Benefits, do this...
A... find out where & when he went to college, and find out the average tuition cost for the years he went
B... find out what the SS Survivors Benefits were at the time he was receiving them (remembering that due to SS cuts, they were phased out in the mid 80's).

If you can prove that the SS Survivors benefits could have completely paid for his tuition, I will have myself IP banned.

I don't understand how it would be wrong if Ryan did pay for his college with his fathers benefits...

His father only paid good money into the account - it's not welfare - it's a right.

I think you missed the point.

Sea is saying Ryan paid for college with the Survivors Benefits and nothing else, since nothing else is mentioned as having gone towards his college costs.

I am saying that is patently impossible, as the Survivors benefits would barely have covered books for college. I know this for a fact, as I mentioned earlier, since I was receiving Survivors Benefits from my dad's death in 1980, until they were phased out in the mid 80's. It was a VERY small amount, and would never have covered complete tuition costs at even a community college.

I never said using the Survivors benefits to go towards college costs was wrong, as I did the very same thing. I simply said they would not have paid for it completely, as Sea is implying.

Last edited:
six of the first seven posts from you know who...
me still thinks some people are being paid to represent
certain political affiliations...

I see your mistake. You confused 'putting away for college' with 'he paid for college with his father's SS'.

The SS benefits he 'put away for college' obviously went towards college, but were certainly not enough to have 'paid for college'.

Tell you what.

According to Paul Ryan, in a discussion on cuts to the Pell Grant program, he got student loans, and then worked three jobs to pay them back. One assumes he applied his savings of his SS survivor benefits towards books or something.

Paul Ryan Tells Student He Should Work Three Jobs To Pay For College, Not Use Pell Grants | ThinkProgress

Tell you what.

I don't understandThe first and only honest comment you've ever made how it would be wrong if Ryan did pay for his college with his fathers benefits...

Duh.

Oblivious Lying Greedy Idiot Millionnaires 2012!!

The Obamas came from poverty, Biden's father was a car salesman. Obama's money is from book sales.
Romney and Ryan come from big money, and its obvious to everyone but ignorant brainwashed dupes. See sig, pp1 and last...

I know, let's cut taxes on the bloated rich, destroy Medicare and health reform, raise taxes and fees on the nonrich, let corporate cheats run wild, cut aid to states and localities, raise military spending to more than the rest of the world combined, and worry about the debt in 2035. Absolute idiocy, dupes.

Tell you what.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason Social Security HAS survivor benefits for children: to compensate a little bit for the fact that the kids no longer have a parent to help them pay for things like school.

I haven't seen Ryan say a single thing anywhere about coming from poverty, or anything even comparable.

It was the right-wing nuts on this board who were making those claims.

Really? Who? Provide citations and links (and more than one or two, please, if you're going to broadbrush the accusation).

Broadbrush the accusation? Tell me, how many people do you think are counting among "the right wing-nuts on this board"? It seems to me that you're the one broadbrushing.

Ryan's dad passed away when he was fifteen. When his father died, teenage Paul became the leader of his family. He took care of his grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, so his mother could go back to school in order to get a better job. He worked all hours to support his family, even working for Oscar Meyer selling hot dogs and Lunchables. Rumor has it he even drove the Weinermobile.

He went on to serve his community as the youngest member of Congress the year he was elected, rose to prominence for his intellectual rigor and honesty, and became the House Budget Chairman, a position from which he proposed two courageous and honest budgets to save America from fiscal ruin. While president Obama's budgets presented to congress for a vote failed to garner even a single "yea" in either house, Ryan's got bipartisan support in the house and a highly respected co-sponsor in the senate, Oregon senator Ron Wyden.

You're talking about his great grandfathers business ditto-head.

Someone who ends up flipping hamburgers at McDonalds during his high school years--isn't RICH.

While growing up, Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[7][14] Since Ryan shares his first name with his father, he was given the nickname, "P.D." (for Paul Davis), but it was often mistaken for "Petey," a name which Ryan disliked.[15] When Ryan was 16, his father died of a heart attack in bed and Ryan found him there. According to Ryan, his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died from heart attacks at ages 55, 57, and 59 respectively, inspiring his later interest in health and exercise.[14] After his father's death, Ryan's grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, moved in with his family and he helped care for her.[4] His father’s death provided Ryan with Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday, which he saved to pay for his education at Miami University of Ohio.[15][16][17]
As a junior at Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected class president, which made him prom king and gave him his first political position, a seat on the school board representing his high school.[4] He competed in track, was on his high school's ski and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league,[18][19][20] as well as being a member of several academic and social clubs and the Model United Nations.[18][4] After his sophomore year he worked at McDonald's.[4]
Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Geez you liberals will try anything.

images

"If you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

Who gives a shit how much money his family has.

Most people have more money than you, that's a fact.

Paul Ryan did NOT grow up with money. When he found his father dead at age 16--he was eligible for social security--meaning (not RICH)--that he saved to go to college. He worked at McDonald's after school.

Now Obama on the other hand--was raised by filthy rich grandparents who sold their generations old farm in Kansas--moved to Hawaii--started a banking business there--and kept Obama in private schools all of his life. Obama never worked a single day of his life in the private sector--much less flipping hamburgers at McDonald's.

This is just the typical liberal BULL-SHIT--and LIES that liberals continually do.

obamas-sinking-ship.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:

Tell you what.

I never said they "completely" paid for it, but I'm certain it paid the bulk of it.

I just looked at my most recent SS statement. Now, I'm not a lawyer like Ryan's father was, just a working stiff and my surviving child, right now, would get $1,196 a month. 12-20 semesters at the University of Miami currently costs $19,000 a year. My survivor benefits would pay a large bulk of that tuition.

If SS hadn't paid for the bulk of his education, it wouldn't have been mentioned. As it is, anytime "how he paid for college" is brought up, the fact that paid for it with SS benefits is cited.

He want to college on his father's SS benefits. It's not something to be ashamed of.

Are you talking about SS Survivors benefits here? If so, you obviously have no fucking idea how little that is. My dad died in 1980, while I was in hs. I got a piddling amount in SS Survivors Benefts, until SS cuts eliminated it entirely a few years later. It was not enough to buy books for college, let alone pay tuition.

With his father’s passing, young Paul collected Social Security benefits until age 18, which he put away for college.

WI Magazine: Rebel Without a Pause: Our reporter spends 48 hectic hours with rising GOP star Paul Ryan. Just how far can his reform plans take him? - by Christian Schneider

He got those benefits for 2 years, a lousy $100 a month.

Did you have a fucking point?

Do you now or have you ever had a job? If you have, then you've gotten a SS statement. Take a look at it next time. Survivor benefits aren't $100 a month.

SS paid for his college and thats OK.

what not OK is him being a child of wealth and not wanting poor kids to get a chance at college.

Most kids who get SS survivor bennies cant afford to save them for college.

They use them to eat and house themselves.

You're talking about his great grandfathers business ditto-head.

Someone who ends up flipping hamburgers at McDonalds during his high school years--isn't RICH.

While growing up, Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[7][14] Since Ryan shares his first name with his father, he was given the nickname, "P.D." (for Paul Davis), but it was often mistaken for "Petey," a name which Ryan disliked.[15] When Ryan was 16, his father died of a heart attack in bed and Ryan found him there. According to Ryan, his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died from heart attacks at ages 55, 57, and 59 respectively, inspiring his later interest in health and exercise.[14] After his father's death, Ryan's grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, moved in with his family and he helped care for her.[4] His father’s death provided Ryan with Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday, which he saved to pay for his education at Miami University of Ohio.[15][16][17]
As a junior at Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected class president, which made him prom king and gave him his first political position, a seat on the school board representing his high school.[4] He competed in track, was on his high school's ski and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league,[18][19][20] as well as being a member of several academic and social clubs and the Model United Nations.[18][4] After his sophomore year he worked at McDonald's.[4]

Geez you liberals will try anything.

images

"If you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

so you think no rich kid ever has a high school job?

really?

Forum List

Back