The Ryan family business: Oh I thought he was born poor?

• Banned
Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ryan was born and raised in Janesville, Wisconsin, the youngest of four children of Elizabeth A. "Betty" (née Hutter) and Paul Murray Ryan, a lawyer.[6][7][8] He is a fifth generation Wisconsinite.[6][9] His father was of Irish ancestry and his mother is of German and some English descent.[10] His great-grandfather, Patrick William Ryan (1858–1917), founded the Ryan Incorporated Central construction business in 1884.[11][12][13] Ryan's grandfather was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin by President Calvin Coolidge.[14]

why do you care? And he's rich because his great grand dad was a US attorney?
You realize people are related to Julius Caesar and it doesnt make them rich?
you also realize Anderson Cooper's mother is Gloria Vanderbilt, of THE Vanderbilt clan and she grew up poor, but rebuilt a fortune.....

Talk about prejudicial and envy.......you really dont know shit do you?

he came from money

And he keeps bumping his own poll because no one, rightfully, can make the connection between this stupid thread and Ryan’s competency. And if that is what you’re trying to do I have an idea for you to root out this fallacy of your reasoning. If you ever get cancer I want you to refuse care from the doctor unless he himself has first had cancer.

Watch this video at the 3:50 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing for sure, he hasn't strayed too far from receiving government money, from soc. sec. survivors, to being on the taxpayers payroll. An aide to a congressman, then 14 years as a congressman. Almost his whole adult life, except for working in a right wing think tank for couple years.
Kind of goes against romney philosophy saying a businessman is what's needed to get america back to work. Being a lifelong receiver of taxpayer money goes against tea bag and randian philosopy also.

The New America: success is demonized and ridiculed.

Democrats are a fucking joke.

Yeah, Obama's new line is that "prosperity must be shared". Does this worthless fuck even know what prosperity means? Prosperity must be earned... not given.

Geeze Louise.

Why did he pretend hes NOT from money?????????

When did he do that? I know he had jobs as a teenager flipping burgers and one really cute one with the Ocar Mayer Weiner company where he actually got to drive the "weinermobile" once.

Truly a kid with drive if you actually read his biography.

Having a great grandfather who was well off (I doubt he was as rich as many would think considering the time), doesn't mean anything. If you trace my ancestry back far enough, I'm related to the queen of England (we don't have a cent from that)...but that and a token will get me on the subway. I didn't have to pay off any large student loans, or worry about costs-and MANY of my friends wondered why. Because while they were sleeping or relaxing on off-days, or most weekends during the day, I was running my own Ebay business. It didn't matter how hungover I was, or tired from working hard at school-I made damn sure that I was out there busting my ass. (I also worked a part-time job, and a full-time job over the summers). I offered countless people the opportunity to see how I run my Ebay business, and invited them to tag along (those who were hurting for money). Guess how many took me up on the offer? Zero. Because they didn't want to put in the work-so they didn't reap the benefits of success.

edit: And for the record I know somebody who comes from a VERY rich family (his parents literally had a swimming pool and basketball court in their house). He had to pay his way through college working at a gas station. It's so easy to have biases-but that doesn't make it so.

In short: if you want to be successful work smart and hard-and you'll be "ok". Don't blame others for YOUR life choices. Nobody put you in the situation you're in except for YOURSELF. If YOU have a problem financially, YOU go out and solve it. That's what so great about our country-the OPPORTUNITY (not the guarantee) to success. Go get it-it's waiting for somebody to grab it. If it's not you-it will be somebody else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back