The Recent John Sununu Fiasco Is Just More Reason Y 2day's Republicans Get No Respect

If Colin Powell endorsed obama because he really believed that obama was doing the right thing, then Colin Powell would admit that he is a democrat and change his party affiliation. Since he didn't do that, and remains ostensibly a republican, the only conclusion is that he endorses obama because obama is black.
This is a prime example of a radical RW Republican expressing their radical RW Republicanism by reject any and all forms of Moderate Republicanism in their party wherever it raises it's head.

Tow the RW Republican agenda or get the EFF out huh? Good stuff. :clap2:

Now would be a good time to respond with a list of moderates in your party.

omg, I hope your head explodes soon
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When 98% of blacks are voting for the black guy. What the fuck should we think? Of course they're voting on race...Honestly.
98% of the black vote has BEEN voting Democratic A-Hole.

What you are stating is that you outright don't believe or simply do not care about the reason why Powell said he's sticking with Obama.

He gave a long, thoughtful, cogent, meaningful and sincere reason for his support of Obama.

But to you, because he's black...that's it.

Yeah...and you're not racist. :rolleyes:

Think McFly...THINK!!!

0.jpg

he gave demoncrap talking points, he's the black version of charlie crist.

Powell should have not bothered to carefully explain himself. The racists here and in the Republican Party only heard " blah blah blah blah blah Obama blah blah blah"....which they translated to "I vote for Obama because he's black."

If I'm not mistaken, Powell's observation of the 21st century Republican is why he chose not to run for President. IMO, he should have...but his wife was afraid he wouldn't survive. I wonder where she got that notion.

Last edited:
Powell should have not bothered to carefully explain himself. The racists here and in the Republican Party only heard " blah blah blah blah blah Obama blah blah blah"....which they translated to "I vote for Obama because he's black."

If I'm not mistaken, Powell's observation of the 21st century Republican is why he chose not to run for President. IMO, he should have...but his wife was afraid he wouldn't survive. I wonder where she got that notion.

oooo, THE RACIST here only heard blaa blaa blaa.
the truth who gives a shit who Powell endorses..

let me introduce you to what he said;

"Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder if that's an endorsement based on issues, or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama." Sununu told CNN's Piers Morgan -- who then asked what he meant.

"Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him," Sununu said.

Read more: Sununu clarifies comment that Powell backs Obama based on race - UPI.com

right, because divorce records, the race card etc. is just so much more evolved.......

Powell is the one who is the racist, asshole. Sanunu simply pointed out a fact that is obvious to everyone. Is it "offensive" to Powell? Well, thieves are offended if you call them thieves. People are often offended by the truth.

John Sununu, Mitt Romney Campaign Co-Chair has recently said, outright that the reason that Colin Powell's supported Barack Obama is because their both black.

Here's Sununu in his own words on the matter...

John Sununu Says Race Played Role in Colin Powell's Endoresement - YouTube

And here is General Colin Powell in his own words giving Obama a second endorsement.

Colin Powell Endorses President Obama - YouTube

Here's three (3) reasons why this is not only personally offensive, but utterly reprehensible and why there's no equivalency on the left for this sort of low-down nastiness...there just isn't so save it.

1. It's outright racist, coming from the party that always CLAIMS to "not see race"
  2. He's a top Romney campaign member, and forefront GOPer in the public sphere
  3. There's no outcry from the right...they are silent (yes, I'm talking to you USMB RWer)

You people just give reason, after reason, after reason to hold and keep you/your party in contempt...on a daily basis. And you want to get offended when called out on it.

Either save it or prove me wrong... I know you want to win this election really badly and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it, but c'mon...show some leadership, show some Personal Responsibility.

Let's just say that blacks rely on the government alot more that's why most of them vote democrats.

Is it really wrong for someone to state what Sununu stated? I dare you to Just ask a group of blacks this question in a big city and they'd likely say "YES".

People have many opinions in this country.

Last edited:
Ergo, John Sununu supports Mitt Romney because he's white.

That makes sense, I suppose.

This country is fucking retarded.

If whites were as racist as blacks, 97% of whites would vote for Romney.

You're not making any sense...blacks have been voting for white candidates and Presidents for decades.

Also, how many blacks support black Republicans?

Why are you so racist?

You just provided proof of black racism. Their skin color determines how they vote. If that isn't racist, I've never seen it.

As MarcATL said this is a reprehensible comment. If someone on the USMB says such a thing it is not really a big deal. Here we can say any dumb thing we want, and usually do. Sununu was not on the USMB when he made that comment however. He was on CNN. CNN is played on hundreds of TV's in airports, lobbies, and many other places, even in pizza shops, not only in this country but around the world. Sununu just discredited not only Powell as being someone who can't make a decision based on rational thought but also the President of the United States as being unworthy of an endorsement from Colonel Powell and only got the endorsement because Powell and Obama are of the same race. I think there is little doubt that Romney would take Sununu to the White House if he were elected. The fact that Sununu would make such a base statement demonstrates that this man, actually two men, Sununu and Romney, have no place being in the White House. And Sununu, 'seems to reverse his statement', does not go half way far enough to undo what he has done.

To further elaborate this not just another redneck comment from a Senatorial candidate this is from someone who would be on the national stage. The comment was clearly racist, a racist comment that not only insults Powell and Obama but all the people of that race in this country and in the world for that matter. How is one to lead if someone in their administration has insulted part of the population in just about every country in the world. A full and unequivocal apology does not do enough. Sununu should pull himself out of Romney's staff or Romney should kick him out. This is no longer the 1950's and white men are not the only people who matter.

john sununu, mitt romney campaign co-chair has recently said, outright that the reason that colin powell's supported barack obama is because their both black.

Here's sununu in his own words on the matter...

john sununu says race played role in colin powell's endoresement - youtube

and here is general colin powell in his own words giving obama a second endorsement.

colin powell endorses president obama - youtube

here's three (3) reasons why this is not only personally offensive, but utterly reprehensible and why there's no equivalency on the left for this sort of low-down nastiness...there just isn't so save it.

1. it's outright racist, coming from the party that always claims to "not see race"
  2. he's a top romney campaign member, and forefront goper in the public sphere
  3. there's no outcry from the right...they are silent (yes, i'm talking to you usmb rwer)

you people just give reason, after reason, after reason to hold and keep you/your party in contempt...on a daily basis. And you want to get offended when called out on it.

Either save it or prove me wrong... I know you want to win this election really badly and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it, but c'mon...show some leadership, show some personal responsibility.

why else would a "republican" support obama?

It's a fact that many(10-15%) of blacks that would otherwise vote republican maybe voting Obama for that reason. I know for a fact as I heard it with my own ears...

You leftist just can't bring yourselve to admit this....It's always all of whitey is bad and all blacks can do no wrong.

The left has thrown out the race card so often so when they do it now
it has no impact....

Ho Hum,the left is crying racism again.... zzzzzz zzzzzz

The left has thrown out the race card so often so when they do it now
it has no impact....

Ho Hum,the left is crying racism again.... zzzzzz zzzzzz

The truth is there's people in all races that vote based on it. For you to say that many of the so called republican blacks aren't voting for that reason doesn't hold water. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
As MarcATL said this is a reprehensible comment. If someone on the USMB says such a thing it is not really a big deal. Here we can say any dumb thing we want, and usually do. Sununu was not on the USMB when he made that comment however. He was on CNN. CNN is played on hundreds of TV's in airports, lobbies, and many other places, even in pizza shops, not only in this country but around the world. Sununu just discredited not only Powell as being someone who can't make a decision based on rational thought but also the President of the United States as being unworthy of an endorsement from Colonel Powell and only got the endorsement because Powell and Obama are of the same race. I think there is little doubt that Romney would take Sununu to the White House if he were elected. The fact that Sununu would make such a base statement demonstrates that this man, actually two men, Sununu and Romney, have no place being in the White House. And Sununu, 'seems to reverse his statement', does not go half way far enough to undo what he has done.

To further elaborate this not just another redneck comment from a Senatorial candidate this is from someone who would be on the national stage. The comment was clearly racist, a racist comment that not only insults Powell and Obama but all the people of that race in this country and in the world for that matter. How is one to lead if someone in their administration has insulted part of the population in just about every country in the world. A full and unequivocal apology does not do enough. Sununu should pull himself out of Romney's staff or Romney should kick him out. This is no longer the 1950's and white men are not the only people who matter.

blablablablablablablablabla

shout-racism.jpg

A comment about Colonel Powell joining the Democratic party; Powell is Republican in the true sense of the party. Unfortunately wack jobs have highjacked the party. Powell is being the good soldier and waiting for the troops to return. I don't know if they ever will. A shame.

John called it as he saw it. So did the rest of us. What's the big deal.
It can't be that Powell became a Democrat, Can it?

This is a prime example of a radical RW Republican expressing their radical RW Republicanism by reject any and all forms of Moderate Republicanism in their party wherever it raises it's head.

Tow the RW Republican agenda or get the EFF out huh? Good stuff. :clap2:

Now would be a good time to respond with a list of moderates in your party.

You first.

Forum List

Back