Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance'

These phonies here on the left still don't like him, they only want to USE him like they do all black people

but at least one person see him a Intelligent black person

By Chris Gentilviso

Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words for the GOP as a whole on Sunday.

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."

"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."

Powell specifically pointed to October 2012 comments by former Alaska Gov. and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

"When I see a former governor say that the president is 'shuckin' and jivin' -- that's a racial-era slave term," Powell said, referring to Palin's words on Obama's response.

"I think we ought to keep on the track we are on," said Powell in October 2012, commending Obama on the economy and Iraq War.

Top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu turned heads after the announcement, suggesting that Powell's Obama endorsement was motivated by race. That statement prompted former Powell Chief Of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson to make Republican-Party comments similar in nature to Powell's Sunday remarks.

My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable.​

More: Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance' (VIDEO)

Hmm..., we noticed you didn't blink when Chrissy Matthews used the same term Shuck and Jive. Oh, I forget Liberal Progressive Democrats are allowed to use racist terms but they aren't racist. They shucked their robes and hoods and are now acceptable even though they still lynch people with those Jive words.

Obama has admitted that the quality he most deplores in himself is … laziness.
Obama's own words.... “It’s interesting. Deep down underneath all the work I do, I think there’s a laziness in me,” Obama went on to say, “It’s probably from growing up in Hawaii, and it’s sunny outside. Sitting on the beach.”

Colon is full of poop...

To funny to read about how prominent Repubs with high level positions are now nothing but pieces of shit because they haven't gone bat shit crazy like seemingly the vast number of rethugs have.

Why, Powell didn't even call for defaulting on the debt or closing down the government.

You know he ain't in the rethugs fold anymore. And they hate him for it. Because he's black.

In the meantime, rethugs just can't get their congressmen to shut the fuk up about rape.
Dumbest people in the world proudly call themselves "rethuglikans".

Is there anyway we can get you to shut up with you spewing crap?
You people don't fool anyone, We saw what was said about Power while he was in the Bush administration..He now wants to overlook all that and act like all high and mighty and play the race card, fine... and you people who hated him before NOW have another BLACK PERSON to USE..
Let's not forget all the racist shit these loony liberal hypocrites have spewed towards Cain, Sowell, West, Rubio, Haley, and on and on and on.

And let's particularly not forget the vile shit these loony idiots spewed about Palin's downs inflicted child, her daughters, and husband.

These morons have no reason to be cackling on about the hate issue, seeing as though when you read through many of their posts, it's quite clear they are some of the most hateful people on the planet.

I mean just look at that Brunswick assclown, who regularly refers to people as retards, a word that is now days considered on par with the word ******....And they actually think they're fooling people.:lol:

Last edited:
I am getting so sick of C. Powell's comments.

He is another one who should ride into the sunset.... with his mouth shut I might add.

I am getting so sick of C. Powell's comments.

He is another one who should ride into the sunset.... with his mouth shut I might add.

Just like any other good Democrat, Powell sticks around like a stinky pile of crap.

Retire and STFU already.

Why has the so-called "racist" left voted a black president into office - TWICE?

Because you all thought you be sexist instead and throw the woman (Hillary) under the bus so you all can be "cool" you voted the inexperienced DAMN Junior Senator black guy in instead

sound about right?
Big deal, you voted in a Black President who is probably MORE WHITE then black

Last edited:
I like Colin Powell. Personally, I think Obama should have offered him either the Secretary of State position or the Secretary of Defense position. Now THAT would make your conservative eyes water wouldn't it?

I think Powell should resign from the Republican Party. It would be in everyone's best interest if he just came out of the "political closet" and declare himself a Democrat.

TO be truthful, I don't think any of you "conservatives" actually live up to the meaning of the word. But even in your political myopia, what makes you think Republicans have cornered the market on conservatism? You seem to believe that racism and conservatism go hand in hand. Obviously Powell doesn't and neither do I!

shucking and jiving
noun, Slang.
misleading or deceptive talk or behavior, as to give a false impression.

Shuck and jive | Define Shuck and jive at Dictionary.com

Palin stoops to 'shuck and jive' - The Maddow Blog

As Jeffrey Goldberg concluded, Palin's choice of words "isn't an example of a racist dog-whistle because it's too obviously racist to be considered code."

:eusa_eh:

Hillary Supporter Cuomo: Obama Tried To "Shuck And Jive" With Media

427188881_e75c09491f_o.jpg

shucking and jiving
noun, Slang.

Shuck and jive | Define Shuck and jive at Dictionary.com

Palin stoops to 'shuck and jive' - The Maddow Blog

As Jeffrey Goldberg concluded, Palin's choice of words "isn't an example of a racist dog-whistle because it's too obviously racist to be considered code."

:eusa_eh:

Lazy does not mean "shiftless ******" except in a screwed up persons brain who is looking for racism.

Shucking and jiving is defined as I said.

Shucking and jiving
noun, Slang.

You on the left do not own the definition of words. I don't care how many times the left attempt to redefine a word to fit a narrative.

Screw with the english language you want, but you still don't own the definition. And this attempt to turn every negative comment about President Obama into a racist attack is lame and frankly conservatives are numb to the attack.

How pitiful that this man I once admired could turn around and call the Republicans racist and yet not be critical of his darlings on the left who labelled him Uncle Tom. A house ******.

uncle-toms-cabain-colin-powell.jpg

What a hypocritical shill for the Democrats this old man has become. Maybe we should remind him of how the Democrats treated him.

Here he is depicted with Michael Steele.

2011-uncle-toms-cabain-steele-powell1.jpg

Forum List

Back