Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance'

yeah right, you people turned on Lieberman like rabid dogs, that's why he left

He ran in a Democratic Primary as a Democrat and LOST. That's when he reconstituted himself as an "independent". You can keep trying to re-write history, but someone else wrote the actual history down before you tried to change it.

Lieberman Defeated in Democratic Primary

Your Party turned against Joe because he supported Bush on Iraq

We all fucking saw it

The people of his state turned on him because he kept supporting Bush on Iraq when it was becoming obvious it was a bad idea.

I think there was some hypocrisy there, because Leiberman got defeated in a primary, but won in the general with a combination of Republican and Democratic voters.

We need to boot the Moderates from leadership and decision making and reaffirm Conservative principals

As a far left liberal, I support this course of action. Drive the moderates right into the Democrats waiting arms.

What waiting arms are those? The ones we see here that demonize, ridicule, character assassinate, name call and belittle anyone who disagrees with you?

Yeah that's gonna work.

Idiot.

enjoy your last mouthful of tar on the way down dinosuar
News flash for ya there bubble head, not everyone thinks the same way you're libtard self on the left coast does, and they never will. The amount of ignorance and stupidity required to think like you is only shared and/or understood by your fellow libtards.

We need to boot the Moderates from leadership and decision making and reaffirm Conservative principals

As a far left liberal, I support this course of action. Drive the moderates right into the Democrats waiting arms.

What waiting arms are those? The ones we see here that demonize, ridicule, character assassinate, name call and belittle anyone who disagrees with you?

Yeah that's gonna work.

Idiot.
^^^^^
Is this the ultimate in irony or what?

enjoy your last mouthful of tar on the way down dinosuar
News flash for ya there bubble head, not everyone thinks the same way you're libtard self on the left coast does, and they never will. The amount of ignorance and stupidity required to think like you is only shared and/or understood by your fellow libtards.

how is that little hate filled rant going to win you enough votes to win a notional election?

You lost the election.

The demographics next election will be even worse for your party.

enjoy that last mouthful of tar on the way down dinosaur

I find it amusing that the brain dead on this site continue to try to say that the party that elected a black man as the most powerful man in the world and the top man in their party is racist. Projection is clearly a huge component of ODS.

Obama is every bit as white as he is black.

Beside the color of his father's skin he also inherited his father's attitude. He loves America as much as his father loved him. Just as his father dumped him, he is in the process of dumping America.

He also inherited his father's hate for whites and clearly showed that by badmouthing his white grandparents who raised him with love.

I find it amusing that the brain dead on this site continue to try to say that the party that elected a black man as the most powerful man in the world and the top man in their party is racist. Projection is clearly a huge component of ODS.

Beside the color of his father's skin he also inherited his father's attitude. He loves America as much as his father loved him. Just as his father dumped him, he is in the process of dumping America.

He also inherited his father's hate for whites and clearly showed that by badmouthing his white grandparents who raised him with love.

and there is your racist to the bone base.

heave them into the tar pit and walk away.

Either that or join him in the tar pit like a good dinosaur

Considering Republicans turn on any of their own that shows a hint of intelligence or individuality, who exactly are these brain dead fucks going to have left in 2016?

great point.

the tact the republican base takes ( and the people here are the base) shows how racist they are day in and day out.

They think the words they say in places like this site dont reflect on the party.

They do.

with the long lines of them here being completely unable to fact the racism that they harbor in their souls they help kill the republican party day in and day out.

There is NO place for a thoughtful leader in the republican party.

they are lead by the rabble you see posting here.

bottom up running of the party.

a table is only as strong as its legs.

The legs of the republican party are rotting at the core with racism.

If the republican party dosent take the time to put new legs on the table and heave fucking rotten pieces of shit they have now in the trash they will have a floor and no more table.

Hey dumb fuck

What about the comments made by Reid and Biden. Last I heard they are Dems. Of course because they are Dems you won't see anyting racist about those remarks. Your an idiot.

Apparantly the only racists you see are Reps and you see em under every bush.

Your a flamming biased idiot and always will be.

and there is your racist to the bone base.

heave them into the tar pit and walk away.

Either that or join him in the tar pit like a good dinosaur

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MqXXX3jOA]Shut the fuck up, Donny! - YouTube[/ame]

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."

"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."

What does he think about the very politically correct white male-bashing in the media??

It's amazing how black conservatives are only given respect as long as they're useful. Powell should be bought a drink by every American conservative in the country for the way he did his duty selling a pile of lies and putting his reputation on the line for the neo-con wet dream of endless war in the Middle East. Yet as soon as his usefulness is up and he says what's on his mind, they turn on him like a den of snakes. This should be a warning to all minority members of conservative causes.

He endorsed Obama-- twice, how is he a "Conservative"?

Powell, LOL, no one takes him seriously.

He's like Starkey

:lol: The guy who single-handedly did more to sell your war in Iraq isn't a conservative?

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

He's an employee. He followed his marching orders. How relied on the Intel from Clinton Administration. He read all the comments the Dems said about Saddam. How does that make him a "Conservative"?

He supported Obama, FFS!

Colon Powell is a two faced sack of shit and not welcomed in any officer's club if I am there.

You may want to press the on button as you clearly haven't been using it tonight.

You might want to think about how I just pointed out how stupid you are.

With absolutely no evidence, nonsensical logic, fuzzy thinking and a rambling idiocy that doesn't connect thoughts or points. Yeah okay, when you get close to something tangible or credible, we'll be sure to let you now. Right now you're just coming across like a moronic pill head spamming this thread with nonsense. :lol:

Why use any of that when dealing with a person who wouldn't understand it?

By Chris Gentilviso

Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words for the GOP as a whole on Sunday.

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."

"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."

Powell specifically pointed to October 2012 comments by former Alaska Gov. and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

"When I see a former governor say that the president is 'shuckin' and jivin' -- that's a racial-era slave term," Powell said, referring to Palin's words on Obama's response.

"I think we ought to keep on the track we are on," said Powell in October 2012, commending Obama on the economy and Iraq War.

Top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu turned heads after the announcement, suggesting that Powell's Obama endorsement was motivated by race. That statement prompted former Powell Chief Of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson to make Republican-Party comments similar in nature to Powell's Sunday remarks.

My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable.​

More: Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance' (VIDEO)

Hmm..., we noticed you didn't blink when Chrissy Matthews used the same term Shuck and Jive. Oh, I forget Liberal Progressive Democrats are allowed to use racist terms but they aren't racist. They shucked their robes and hoods and are now acceptable even though they still lynch people with those Jive words.

Double fuck Colin Powell. "My party is full of racists". Wow. Triple fuck him. What an asshole.

He really should become a Democrat. Pardon my french but this really pisses me off when some one can label the party he supposedly is still a member of racist; blatant condemnation it's unreal to me.

Why don't you have this level of vitriol for the people in your party who perpetuate the racist stereotypes?

Instead you DEFEND them, but bash and attack those that call your party out.

When will you folks put down the shovels and stop digging?

Colin Powell was a very good BLACK Republican when it served his political career–and now that it’s fashionable to be a BLACK hyper-critical of Republicans and to just ignore the worst elements and most offensive comments of Democrats, he’s taken up that job with relish.

He is a transparent colon. Full of shit if I might add.

Forum List

Back