The Politics of Pregnancy.

Sooo.....you object to laws against murder???

I didn't say that. Quote it, or STFU.

Why is it that only Fascists/Leftists demand the other side be silenced?

Is it your well-deserved lack of self esteem????

So, you want totalitarian government that rules every aspect of our lives?

So you don't want government to enforce laws against murder?

So you want the government to install surveillance systems in your home?

You've already been exposed as favoring the murder of the most innocent.

Why are you back.....embarrassed?????

Uh huh... anyway, not wasting anymore time on your usual, childish horseshit. Seeyabye.

Uh huh... anyway, not wasting anymore time on your usual, childish horseshit. Seeyabye.

And another one bites the dust.

Well, if we allow government to claim authority over reproduction, what happens when they decide that our biggest problem is over-population? Or maybe the next regime will be big eugenics fans and they'll want to make sure that genetic faults are removed from the gene pool. These aren't shadowy threats or paranoid delusions. They're historical realities. When we give government more power they use it. Usually, eventually, in ways we didn't intend.

Not a damned thing happens, because your insanely inaccurate euphemism has no actual bearing on anything.

Really? You don't think a government with power over pregnancy would use it to control the population? There's direct, recent, historical evidence that you are dead wrong. (google China)

It seems no one willing to limit the power of government when they're running things. They want it all. They don't seem to recognize that, eventually, people they don't agree with will be running government and they'll get the other end of the stick. All they see is the "good" they can accomplish if they only have more power now.

What I really think is that using the scary euphemism "power over pregnancy" doesn't make it so, and doesn't make your doomsday slippery slope any more of a real possibility. You continue to make arguments that are predicated on me accepting your half-assed, venal worldview as the premise. Ain't gonna happen.

Call me when the "horrifying, jack-booted" road to tyranny you envision doesn't start with protecting babies from death.

Well, if we allow government to claim authority over reproduction, what happens when they decide that our biggest problem is over-population? Or maybe the next regime will be big eugenics fans and they'll want to make sure that genetic faults are removed from the gene pool. These aren't shadowy threats or paranoid delusions. They're historical realities. When we give government more power they use it. Usually, eventually, in ways we didn't intend.

Not a damned thing happens, because your insanely inaccurate euphemism has no actual bearing on anything.

Really? You don't think a government with power over pregnancy would use it to control the population? There's direct, recent, historical evidence that you are dead wrong. (google China)

It seems no one willing to limit the power of government when they're running things. They want it all. They don't seem to recognize that, eventually, people they don't agree with will be running government and they'll get the other end of the stick. All they see is the "good" they can accomplish if they only have more power now.

Really?

He objects to people daring to have a different perspective than his.

What I really think is that using the scary euphemism "power over pregnancy" doesn't make it so, and doesn't make your doomsday slippery slope any more of a real possibility.

It's not a euphemism. The slippery slope is always denied by the party in power. Period.

So you think protecting people from being killed inevitably leads to "totalitarian government that rules every aspect of our lives"? Now you know why she's asking if you also object to the government's protection of YOUR life. Or is it only when it's people who are inconvenient to you and your worldview that it's the road to tyranny?

Yes, if the government doesn't allow you to kill babies, OBVIOUSLY the next step is surveillance cameras in our homes . . . if you wear a tinfoil hat and have been off your psych meds for a few weeks.

I just heard, "You still refuse to let me set the premises! I can't talk to people who actually expect me to defend myself!"

What I really think is that using the scary euphemism "power over pregnancy" doesn't make it so, and doesn't make your doomsday slippery slope any more of a real possibility.

It's not a euphemism. The slippery slope is always denied by the party in power. Period.

It's a euphemism. Aborting babies isn't "pregnancy", and protecting lives isn't "power over pregnancy".

Again, call me when your nightmare scenario isn't based on the "horrors" of not killing babies.

It's a euphemism. Aborting babies isn't "pregnancy", and protecting lives isn't "power over pregnancy".

Again, call me when your nightmare scenario isn't based on the "horrors" of not killing babies.

And call me when you're ready to give up on your desire to control other people's bodies with laws. Government is not there to create the society you want. It's there to protect our freedom to create the kind of society we want, voluntarily. You're indulging the same hubris of liberals, who think the state is there to tell us how to live.

And call me when you're ready to give up on your desire to control other people's bodies with laws. Government is not there to create the society you want. It's there to protect our freedom to create the kind of society we want, voluntarily. You're indulging the same hubris of liberals, who think the state is there to tell us how to live.

I just heard, "You can talk to me when you say what I want to hear!"

Know how I know you have a shit position on this issue? People who believe they're correct can handle debate and dissent; people who only WANT to be correct can't stand for anyone else to talk.

Thanks for proving me right. You may tuck tail and run away as planned now.

I just heard, "You can talk to me when you say what I want to hear!"
Yep. I was mirroring your post. Interesting, eh?

Know how I know you have a shit position on this issue? People who believe they're correct can handle debate and dissent; people who only WANT to be correct can't stand for anyone else to talk.

That's nice. Have you ever tried practicing what you preach?

Forum List

Back