The Phony Fracas

dilloduck said:
The slippery slope argument is bogus-----we can lease to one Arab country without leasing to Iran. Just because one does A it doesn't necessarily follow that one HAS to do B.

Yes. But A is only moderately trustworthy. Get UAE to renounce the Global Caliphate talk coming out of Iran and then we'd have something to work with. I don't believe the continued freedom of the United States is very important to the UAE and I think when push came to shove their ultimate allegiance would be to their regional brethren.

Do you trust the UAE as much as Great Britain? Honestly.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. But A is only moderately trustworthy. Get UAE to renounce the Global Caliphate talk coming out of Iran and then we'd have something to work with. I don't believe the continued freedom of the United States is very important to the UAE and I think when push came to shove their ultimate allegiance would be to their regional brethren.

Do you trust the UAE as much as Great Britain? Honestly.

I don't need to trust either one of em. I only have to trust whatever security the US chooses to implement nation wide.

dilloduck said:
I don't need to trust either one of em. I only have to trust whatever security the US chooses to implement nation wide.

Do you think it's wise to trust possible terrorist collaborators with those implementation details and duties?

rtwngAvngr said:
Do you think it's wise to trust possible terrorist collaborators with those implementation details and duties?

Possible terrorist collaborators are in every country. We just caught some in Ohio. Guess we can't even trust American companies then, huh?

dilloduck said:
Possible terrorist collaborators are in every country. We just caught some in Ohio. Guess we can't even trust American companies then, huh?

Don't you think the Emirate of UAE might possibly have more terrorist connections than some other possible countries?

Yep. And white grannies should be given just as much scrutiny at the airport as young men from Lebanon. What is blocking your mind on this?

rtwngAvngr said:
Don't you think the Emirate of UAE might possibly have more terrorist connections than some other possible countries?

Yep. And white grannies should be given just as much scrutiny at the airport as young men from Lebanon. What is blocking your mind on this?

Profiling is great----however AFTER who you have profiled has been searched and shown not to be a threat, are we to kick em out anyway?

Nothing in blocking my mind--American capitalists are apparently to unwilling to take on projects like this. The ports need to remain open. You think a non-Arab country should run the joint no matter how crappy of a company they are?

dilloduck said:
Profiling is great----however AFTER who you have profiled has been searched and shown not to be a threat, are we to kick em out anyway?

Nothing in blocking my mind--American capitalists are apparently to unwilling to take on projects like this. The ports need to remain open. You think a non-Arab country should run the joint no matter how crappy of a company they are?

A company cannot be patted down once and then trusted indefinitely. All procedures can be circumvented at some higher level, or most can.

I would insist on at least marginal crapidity, and yes by a non arab company.

Look what you're doing man, you're labelling us nationalists or racists or whatever for not allowing our ports to be NATIONALIZED by a foreign government. You're on crazy sauce.

rtwngAvngr said:
A company cannot be patted down once and then trusted indefinitely. All procedures can be circumvented at some higher level, or most can.

I would insist on at least marginal crapidity, and yes by a non arab company.

Look what you're doing man, you're labelling us nationalists or racists or whatever for not allowing our ports to be NATIONALIZED by a foreign government. You're on crazy sauce.

FACT--there are some here who reject the deal purely for racial reasons--if this shoe doesn't fit you, don't try it on. Are you trying to tell me that this company once vetted will just be free to operate without continued inspection or accountablity? The coast guard has given them the all clear--do you not trust them either?

dilloduck said:
FACT--there are some here who reject the deal purely for racial reasons--if this shoe doesn't fit you, don't try it on. Are you trying to tell me that this company once vetted will just be free to operate without continued inspection or accountablity? The coast guard has given them the all clear--do you not trust them either?

You wanna call me a racist that's fine. That's the talking point. What a good little lib you turned out to be. If this is a dem talking point only, which one is sticking with it? They all seem to be backing off the ownership element and will be happy with more rules, like you. I know being called a lib hurts worse than being called a racist.

rtwngAvngr said:
You wanna call me a racist that's fine. That's the talking point. What a good little lib you turned out to be. If this is a dem talking point only, which one is sticking with it? They all seem to be backing off the ownership element and will be happy with more rules, like you. I know being called a lib hurts worse than being called a racist.

I'm NOT calling you racist--I'm pointing out that SOME are. They very plainy state tat they do not want any Arab running the ports
Calling me a lib ?? :rotflmao: Look who titled a thread saying we should "unite with the libs".

dilloduck said:
I'm NOT calling you racist--I'm pointing out that SOME are. They very plainy state tat they do not want any Arab running the ports
Calling me a lib ?? :rotflmao: Look who titled a thread saying we should "unite with the libs".

What a cowardly backpedal.

rtwngAvngr said:
What a cowardly backpedal.

I haven't backed down from a single statement. There are a mutlitude of factions spitting out thier oppostion to this plan. Some are racist, some are pure political crap, some are paranoids etc etc.

dilloduck said:
I haven't backed down from a single statement. There are a mutlitude of factions spitting out thier oppostion to this plan. Some are racist, some are pure political crap, some are paranoids etc etc.

I just don't believe you were talking about others. I think you were implying stuff about me. And I still think it!

There are many factions cuz it's wrong on so many levels.

rtwngAvngr said:
I just don't believe you were talking about others. I think you were implying stuff about me. And I still think it!

There are many factions cuz it's wrong on so many levels.

No---I throw you into the category that fell for the liberal order for everyone to "PANIC". At least NATO saved himself before it was too late.

Lets hear some of the other levels you think it's "wrong " on.

dilloduck said:
No---I throw you into the category that fell for the liberal order for everyone to "PANIC". At least NATO saved himself before it was too late.

Lets hear some of the other levels you think it's "wrong " on.

You're wrong.
Nato's wrong.
The deal is stupid.

It's government run business.,don't like that.

This particular government is possibly terrorist influenced. I don't like that.

Those are the main two. You can call it paranoia and racism, any good little lib would.

rtwngAvngr said:
You're wrong.
Nato's wrong.
The deal is stupid.

It's government run business.,don't like that.

This particular government is possibly terrorist influenced. I don't like that.

Those are the main two. You can call it paranoia and racism, any good little lib would.

NATO started the thread on bigotry--discuss it with him. Congress put this business into the hands of government by creating CFIUS. If you don't like it. Bitch about them.

dilloduck said:
NATO started the thread on bigotry--discuss it with him. Congress put this business into the hands of government by creating CFIUS. If you don't like it. Bitch about them.

I have no problem with government ownership and leasing out management contracts. But I don't think THOSE CONTRACTS should go to Foreign possibly antagonistic governments.

Is it really that crazy. I know noone wants to believe what's happening, and yes, we should be rising up, out in the streets and shit. But I'm just too tired.

rtwngAvngr said:
I have no problem with government ownership and leasing out management contracts. But I don't think THOSE CONTRACTS should go to Foreign possibly antagonistic governments.

Is it really that crazy. I know noone wants to believe what's happening, and yes, we should be rising up, out in the streets and shit. But I'm just too tired.

Cool-- nationalize all the port operations in America. Problem solved. Tell your congressmen and all your friends. There shouldn't be any problem accomplishing that.

I've heard that Kool- Aid drains you of energy after the initial period of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

dilloduck said:
Cool-- nationalize all the port operations in America. Problem solved. Tell your congressmen and all your friends. There shouldn't be any problem accomplishing that.

I've heard that Kool- Aid drains you of energy after the initial period of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

That's actually my last choice.

That's like the one about the frozen cat.

A guy froze his cat by accident. Distraught, he called his friend for a remedy. His friend said to put a drop of gasoline on the cats tongue. The guy did so. The cat jumped up and ran around the house for about twenty minutes, apparently revived, and then suddently stopped.

"What happened" The guy asked his friend?

"He ran out of gas."

Islam dictators shouldn't run our ports.

rtwngAvngr said:
That's actually my last choice.

That's like the one about the frozen cat.

A guy froze his cat by accident. Distraught, he called his friend for a remedy. His friend said to put a drop of gasoline on the cats tongue. The guy did so. The cat jumped up and ran around the house for about twenty minutes, apparently revived, and then suddently stopped.

"What happened" The guy asked his friend?

"He ran out of gas."

Islam dictators shouldn't run our ports.

Are Chinese dictators ok?

Forum List

Back