The Phony Fracas

rtwngAvngr said:
It has to do with access to information and procedures.

and the UAE has submitted to more restictions than have ever been placed on any operator of a port in the US.

gop_jeff said:
It's not like terrorists haven't already been trying exploit any weaknesses we have in our security. I fail to see how transferring the management of these ports from the UK to the UAE suddenly makes them more susceptible to terrorist exploitation. We're going to have the same Coasties and the same customs agents at the ports, and the company will be subject to the same DHS regulations as the old one.

It makes it that much easier for some sorry piece of shit in the ops department to be paid off by some AQ operative to give them that "in", whatever thay would need. The potential risks are dumbfounding when you think about it. I mean who before 9/11 envisioned them crashing jets into the WTC? Think they can't think up something for the ports?

dilloduck said:
Sidestepping are we now?

And show me where I said they have access to "security" info? What I actually said is that ops or security makes no difference, think these people can't bypass security just because thay are running ops? Are you this stupid?

dilloduck said:
and the UAE has submitted to more restictions than have ever been placed on any operator of a port in the US.

Can you show me these restrictions, I mean the fine print hasn't really been publicized but since you have access to it I thought you might share it with us plebes.

OCA said:
It makes it that much easier for some sorry piece of shit in the ops department to be paid off by some AQ operative to give them that "in", whatever thay would need. The potential risks are dumbfounding when you think about it. I mean who before 9/11 envisioned them crashing jets into the WTC? Think they can't think up something for the ports?

logic and experience will get you nowhere with those who love the Ostrich...or is that Mushroom farms?

OCA said:
Can you show me these restrictions, I mean the fine print hasn't really been publicized but since you have access to it I thought you might share it with us plebes.

If you could provide me with any proof of your allegations I would try but you insist on my laying out MORE facts all the time and you have no way to prove this company to be more dangerous to Americas' security than any other company.You expect me to waste my time on you why you try to bluff you're way through this whole discussion? :rotflmao:

OCA said:

DP is one of the largest port operators in the world. If AQ was going to buy off someone, like you said, they've had years to attempt it against lesser nations where they operate ports. And again, that has nothing to do with the customs guys, FBI, Coast Guard, etc. that are still there, doing their jobs, regardless of what company operates the port.

rtwngAvngr said:
It has to do with access to information and procedures.

Whose? The Coast Guard's? The FBI's? Customs? You really think they distribute their "How to Thwart a Terrorist Infiltration" handbooks to all their port operators?

gop_jeff said:
What... are... you... talking... about... ? :cof:

used.........loosley......as in dots.......... :huh: failed morse code at West point did ya?

gop_jeff said:
It's not like terrorists haven't already been trying exploit any weaknesses we have in our security. I fail to see how transferring the management of these ports from the UK to the UAE suddenly makes them more susceptible to terrorist exploitation. We're going to have the same Coasties and the same customs agents at the ports, and the company will be subject to the same DHS regulations as the old one.
Jeff, I agree now. For these reasons I'm on board for granting the contract, for the time being. On the other hand, the rest of your arguement hold more water. It's time for Congress to get very serious about security. I for one, hope that means that the foreign contracts become a thing of the past in this type of area very soon.

gop_jeff said:

and you actually worked for the 'Coasties and Customs' like you know what the hell you are talking about....I did and can say you are just 'surfin' pal...get a grip! The clue being 'Shipping manifest' controlled by the port administration!

dilloduck said:
you're hopeless. You cant tell the difference between the US Coast Guard and a port operations? Prove to me they have access to all the same security info as you claim.

OCA is correct...Customs and Coast guard rely on 'Honest' ship manifest reporting...albeit they also go on gut feelings...thank GOD! The Port administration is responsible for security of manifest reporting...duh!

archangel said:
OCA is correct...Customs and Coast guard rely on 'Honest' ship manifest reporting...albeit they also go on gut feelings...thank GOD! The Port administration is responsible for security of manifest reporting...duh!

That may have changed since your watch--it may even be changing as we speak. Maybe the Islam haters will kill em all before they ok it.

dilloduck said:
That may have changed since your watch--it may even be changing as we speak. Maybe the Islam haters will kill em all before they ok it.
Or the opposit? :dunno:

Kathianne said:
Or the opposit? :dunno:

Back to square one. If the manifesto is widely printed there is no telling. But then again--no one promised me a rose garden. Maybe we won't even need ports.

dilloduck said:
Back to square one. If the manifesto is widely printed there is no telling. But then again--no one promised me a rose garden. Maybe we won't even need ports.
I think you are just lying and being racist. :dunno:

Forum List

Back