The Phony Fracas

dilloduck said:
WELLLLLLLLLL are Chinese dictators ok ??? or is it just Islam???

I'm actually not happy with that either. I don't believe we should have these sorts of relationships with countries who are morally repugnant. This includes china. China is fairly content now, as it's been allowed to devalue it's currency to corner the world market on goods. A true global freemarket would be fine, but our system is being gamed by people deciding who should succeed and stuff.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm actually not happy with that either. I don't believe we should have these sorts of relationships with countries who are morally repugnant. This includes china. China is fairly content now, as it's been allowed to devalue it's currency to corner the world market on goods. A true global freemarket would be fine, but our system is being gamed by people deciding who should succeed and stuff.

You mean the capitalists of the world are taking over everything?

I guess the nationalization route is the only route that will make you happy.

go for it--promote it--defend it.

dilloduck said:
You mean the capitalists of the world are taking over everything?

I guess the nationalization route is the only route that will make you happy.

go for it--promote it--defend it.

I would rather not. I'd rather some other company did it. but I would prefer us nationalizing it before letting an Arab dictatorship nationalize it. But that's just me. Im not right in the head.

rtwngAvngr said:
I would rather not. I'd rather some other company did it. but I would prefer us nationalizing it before letting an Arab dictatorship nationalize it. But that's just me. Im not right in the head.

I might even agree with ya on the nationalization thing. What are the odds that will be okayed ?

dilloduck said:
I might even agree with ya on the nationalization thing. What are the odds that will be okayed ?

Don't know.

this is a good article.

It sounds a little lefty, but now I know, the globalists must be stopped.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_thom_har_060227_thom_hartmann_3a_when_.htm

Foreign companies are buying up our water systems, our power generating systems, our mines, and our few remaining factories. All because "flat world" so-called "free trade" policies have turned us from a nation of wealthy producers into a nation of indebted consumers, leaving the world awash in dollars that are most easily used to buy off big chunks of America. As economyincrisis.com notes, US Government statistics indicate the following percentages of foreign ownership of American industry:

· Sound recording industries - 97%
· Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
· Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
· Metal ore mining - 65%
· Motion picture and video industries - 64%
· Wineries and distilleries - 64%
· Database, directory, and other publishers - 63%
· Book publishers - 63%
· Cement, concrete, lime, and gypsum product - 62%
· Engine, turbine and power transmission equipment - 57%
· Rubber product - 53%
· Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing - 53%
· Plastics and rubber products manufacturing - 52%
· Plastics product - 51%
· Other insurance related activities - 51%
· Boiler, tank, and shipping container - 50%
· Glass and glass product - 48%
· Coal mining - 48%
· Sugar and confectionery product - 48%
· Nonmetallic mineral mining and quarrying - 47%
· Advertising and related services - 41%
· Pharmaceutical and medicine - 40%
· Clay, refractory, and other nonmetallic mineral products - 40%
· Securities brokerage - 38%
· Other general purpose machinery - 37%
· Audio and video equipment mfg and reproducing magnetic and optical media - 36%
· Support activities for mining - 36%
· Soap, cleaning compound, and toilet preparation - 32%
· Chemical manufacturing - 30%
· Industrial machinery - 30%
· Securities, commodity contracts, and other financial investments and related activities - 30%
· Other food - 29%
· Motor vehicles and parts - 29%
· Machinery manufacturing - 28%
· Other electrical equipment and component - 28%
· Securities and commodity exchanges and other financial investment activities - 27%
· Architectural, engineering, and related services - 26%
· Credit card issuing and other consumer credit - 26%
· Petroleum refineries (including integrated) - 25%
· Navigational, measuring, electromedical, and control instruments - 25%
· Petroleum and coal products manufacturing - 25%
· Transportation equipment manufacturing - 25%
· Commercial and service industry machinery - 25%
· Basic chemical - 24%
· Investment banking and securities dealing - 24%
· Semiconductor and other electronic component - 23%
· Paint, coating, and adhesive - 22%
· Printing and related support activities - 21%
· Chemical product and preparation - 20%
· Iron, steel mills, and steel products - 20%
· Agriculture, construction, and mining machinery - 20%
· Publishing industries - 20%
· Medical equipment and supplies - 20%
Thus it shouldn't surprise us that the cons have sold off our ports as well, and will defend it to the bitter end. They truly believe that a "New World Order" with multinational corporations in charge instead of sovereign governments will be the answer to the problem of world instability. And therefore they must do away with quaint things like unions, a healthy middle class, and, ultimately, democracy.

The "security" implications of turning our ports over to the UAE are just the latest nail in what the cons hope will be the coffin of American democracy and the American middle class. Today's conservatives believe in rule by inherited wealth and an internationalist corporate elite, and things like a politically aroused citizenry and a healthy democracy are pesky distractions.

rtwngAvngr said:
Don't know.

this is a good article.

It sounds a little lefty, but now I know, the globalists must be stopped.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_thom_har_060227_thom_hartmann_3a_when_.htm

Like I said earlier--world capitalists are in charge.
Looks like our economy is the place to start to develop any REAL security. Stop the UAE deal--are we any safer or more protected? Capitalists OWN America. The reality of depending on them for our security now includes entrusting them with some port operations. What caused the USSR to fall??? ECONOMICS.No bombs--no bullets--no terrorism. You wanna scream? Scream at the American assholes who won't invest in America and then ask them why they won't.

dilloduck said:
Like I said earlier--world capitalists are in charge.
Looks like our economy is the place to start to develop any REAL security. Stop the UAE deal--are we any safer or more protected? Capitalists OWN America. The reality of depending on them for our security now includes entrusting them with some port operations. What caused the USSR to fall??? ECONOMICS.No bombs--no bullets--no terrorism. You wanna scream? Scream at the American assholes who won't invest in America and then ask them why they won't.

Yeah. It's all fucked up. That doesn't mean we must sell our port the UAE government.

rtwngAvngr said:
ok. Operation of the....... you're like Jim brady and exact words.

usually not but the damn gaggle of lies and propaganda floating around is making people CRAZY. Words mean things. If we cannot nail down the truth, discussion is futile. We now have Arch insinuating that the Coast Guard has been pressured by the adminstration to lie. :cuckoo:

dilloduck said:
usually not but the damn gaggle of lies and propaganda floating around is making people CRAZY. Words mean things. If we cannot nail down the truth, discussion is futile. We now have Arch insinuating that the Coast Guard has been pressured by the adminstration to lie. :cuckoo:

ok. but you know that operations and management are also concerns, so "nailing down the truth" on that issue doesn't solve much.

rtwngAvngr said:
ok. but you know that operations and management are also concerns, so "nailing down the truth" on that issue doesn't solve much.

Dispelling some outright lies and propaganda can't hurt. Obviously some people are would believe anything that skeered em. Let's at least keep it to some rational concerns as opposed to " THE COAST GUARD IS LYING". geez--

gop_jeff said:
When did you turn into an isolationist protectionist? Tariffs and protectionist economics went out the door in the 1920's.

I'm NOT. But EVERYTHING cannot be for sale.

We could all maximize profit by tricking out our children, but we don't, do we.

I don't advocate everything he was talking about, but there is a core of truth to what he's saying.

rtwngAvngr said:
We could all maximize profit by tricking out our children, but we don't, do we.

That's called morals. There is nothing immoral about a foreign company running port operations. There is plenty immoral about prostituting one's offspring.

gop_jeff said:
That's called morals. There is nothing immoral about a foreign company running port operations. There is plenty immoral about prostituting one's offspring.

I think it's immoral for a government to insist it's port management be sold to another government or else.. Frack you bush. Sock my duck.

rtwngAvngr said:
I think it's immoral for a government to insist it's port management be sold to another government or else.. Frack you bush. Sock my duck.

It's immoral to allow free-market capitalism to work as intended? That is what you're saying, you know.

Forum List

Back