The Palestinian Emirates "Solution"

Do you all recognize the significance of creating such a Trade Route in the Levant? It benefits ALL the neighbors. Jordan would be greatly boosted connected by 4 or 5 hour truck traffic to an Med port.

It's almost irresistible unless you HATE trade, prosperity, and jobs. And maybe Hamas does -- but not the rest of the region..
My question is not the route. My question is who can slam the doors?

Question would be for what valid REASONS can ANY of the nations connected to this --- slam the doors?

I suppose all that would be agreed upon by Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and whatever "federation" the Palestine City States wanted to create. Would be up to the Palestinians who belongs in the "federation" and can benefit as long as the group Administrating the route agree to provide security services.

I doubt Egypt, Israel, Jordan would have issues sharing security, maintenance, customs roles. In FACT, if GAZA had a port connected to this -- It could EASILY be staffed at customs with Jordanians, or Egyptians or at some point Palestinians. If they ever got their act together enough to FORM an Internationally recognized Customs agency.

Why don't you go help them do that??
Everything into and out of the West Bank and Gaza is controlled by Israel. How would this system remove that control?

I hear the Island would be in Israel's territorial waters. So it would be no different than now.

Having an airport would be no different to not having one?
You should stop dreaming about Israel's disappearance,there's no way around it. If You think Gaza should not develop until the the day Israel is gone...then You're just part of the problem, not the solution.
Israel is the only one denying Palestinian development.
Who was Israel's boogyman before there was Hamas?

You have nothing.
Pretty pathetic how Israel-hater will fight any opportunity to make Palestinian lives better.
Let me know when Israel allows Palestinian development.

We're discussing it right now.
The only thing needed is a change in Israel's policies.

Israel's policies are exampled by western style representative governments, free markets / free trade, secure borders and those attributes which define a first world society. Unfortunately, the islamic middle east has never embraced those attributes.

You want conflict and you want bloodshed. You have this retrograde notion that all your ills will be solved with the destruction of Israel. What you won't acknowledge is that overwhelmingly, the slaughter that Moslems are so willing to inflict on one-another has nothing to do with the existence of Israel.
Oh jeese. :eusa_doh::cuckoo:

Israel is the only one denying Palestinian development.
Let me know when Israel allows Palestinian development.

We're discussing it right now.
The only thing needed is a change in Israel's policies.
Nothing ever will appease Hamas, so why bother?
The only thing needed is for more neighbors to normalize relations with Israel,

flacaltenn's Road project has just the right potential for such an alliance.
Doesn't need a change in roads. Needs a change in policies.

No see. That's where you're wrong. Even by the archaic "map method" --- you would STILL have issues about CONNECTIVITY of the Pali areas. So ROADS are actually on the table in ANY peace settlement. HERE -- roads and connectivity go OFF THE MAP to include a large view of TRADE and commerce.

In fact, as part of the process, the Arab neighbors should consider CLOSING their God awful Pali refugee camps and TRADING some land --- near Gaza -- near the Jordan River - Near the Lebanon border- to the Palestinians as PART of this solution.

Learn how stuff actually works.

So much reason in these words.
Truly inspiring.

In know I might be jumping too high - this might be a HUGE player in the alliance, we actually might look forward to a sort of unified economic space in the middle east like the EEU.
The potential is tremendous, not in the least for the US.

Gulf Cooperation Council - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Do you all recognize the significance of creating such a Trade Route in the Levant? It benefits ALL the neighbors. Jordan would be greatly boosted connected by 4 or 5 hour truck traffic to an Med port.

It's almost irresistible unless you HATE trade, prosperity, and jobs. And maybe Hamas does -- but not the rest of the region..

Question would be for what valid REASONS can ANY of the nations connected to this --- slam the doors?

I suppose all that would be agreed upon by Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and whatever "federation" the Palestine City States wanted to create. Would be up to the Palestinians who belongs in the "federation" and can benefit as long as the group Administrating the route agree to provide security services.

I doubt Egypt, Israel, Jordan would have issues sharing security, maintenance, customs roles. In FACT, if GAZA had a port connected to this -- It could EASILY be staffed at customs with Jordanians, or Egyptians or at some point Palestinians. If they ever got their act together enough to FORM an Internationally recognized Customs agency.

Everything into and out of the West Bank and Gaza is controlled by Israel. How would this system remove that control?

Trade is based on joint control - one can't move products without being controlled on land and in the air by the neighbors. You just can't fly wherever You want without coordination.
What You're insisting upon is anarchy.

What we're talking about is -cooperation for the benefit of all involved, Palestinian Arabs and Israel specifically, and the whole region.

Last edited:
Here is a site which includes a map of the proposed Emirates.

84058c06ba649fb6cb3405a4ae29cd32

Can You imagine how the road flacaltenn described would look on the map?

I'm actually gonna a write an article with the goal of getting this published. I'll rough out a map tonight. Roughly, ALL the neighbors cede a bit of land to build an elevated expressway. Roughly starts at the Egyptian Gate (both sides) at Gaza -- winds thru the Sinai (mostly unpopulated) -- up the Israeli side of the Dead Sea -- All with limited access. Then it goes up the Jordan River valley (maybe both sides eventually) with feeders into the semi-autonomous Palestinian city states and a route to East Jerusalem as well. Would connect to Jordan of course at two or more major roads. COULD continue to the N. extreme of Israel to connect Lebanon and potentially Syria and Iraq (not any time soon).

The RESULT is a Trade Route that connects the entire Arab Middle East. And these proposed Pali city states are at the HUB of all that trade. It requires VERY LITTLE of land ceded by Israel in places where it doesn't matter all that much..

Admin of this route would be jointly secured by Egypt, Jordan, Israel and whatever loose Palestinian Federation comes into existence. Does NOT require a UNITY Pali National Govt that's been missing for centuries. But it's an offer ANY resident of the area would be stupid to refuse. And the WORLD could certainly fund it out of petty cash compared to the cost of continuing the conflict. Gaza would have a REAL seaport, And an airport in the West Bank accessible by this route.

I calculated this about 400 to 700 miles of super hiway. With limited on/off access. And a couple bridges. It's ELEVATED to enhance security and minimize the footprint on the existing roads and land.
Although I have some reservations about the main artery of the road going through Gaza and talking about and mentioning an airport and a seaport in the same breath, I'd like to see the article first.

This idea is principally based the same way if I understand You, looks impossible with Gaza under Hamas, but there're options:

"The deal of the century"? ;)

I hear the Island would be in Israel's territorial waters. So it would be no different than now.

With Hamas there -- wouldn't even happen. But all this more COULD happen and make Palestinians very rich and alive and happy...

Nothing prevents them from being rich and alive today. The conflict is not about money.

Last edited:
A Deylicate could ensure Order over Chaos, every time this issue comes up; that is what they are Good for.

It may have worked during the Ottoman Empire, for sometime.
It does not mean that it would work in the long run with the Gaza and the PA, when it comes to continuous attempts at assassinations by one group or another.

When one looks at the history of Dey, it only lasted 40 years.

Dey (Arabic: داي, from Turkish dayı[1][2]) was the title given to the rulers of the Regency of Algiers (Algeria), Tripoli,[3] and Tunis under the Ottoman Empire from 1671 onwards. Twenty-nine deys held office from the establishment of the deylicate in Algeria until the French conquest in 1830.[4]

The dey was chosen by local civilian, military, and religious leaders to govern for life and ruled with a high degree of autonomy from the Ottoman sultan. The main sources of his revenues were taxes on the agricultural population, religious tributes, and protection payments rendered by Corsairs, regarded as pirates who preyed on Mediterranean shipping. In the European part of the Ottoman Empire, in particular during its decline, leaders of the outlawed janissary and yamak troops sometimes acquired title of Dahi or Dahia, which is derived from Dey.[5]

The dey was assisted in governing made up of the Chiefs of the Army and Navy, the Director of Shipping, the Treasurer-General and the Collector of Tributes.

The realm of the dey of Alger (Algiers) was divided into three provinces (Constantine, Titteri and Mascara), each of which was administered by a bey (باي) whom he appointed.[6]

The rule of the deys of Alger came to an end on 5 July 1830, when Hussein Dey (1765–1838) surrendered to invading Frenchforces.[7]

The last Dey of Tripoli was killed by Ahmed Karamanli, who established the eponymous Karamanli dynasty in 1711.

I'm actually gonna a write an article with the goal of getting this published. I'll rough out a map tonight. Roughly, ALL the neighbors cede a bit of land to build an elevated expressway. Roughly starts at the Egyptian Gate (both sides) at Gaza -- winds thru the Sinai (mostly unpopulated) -- up the Israeli side of the Dead Sea -- All with limited access. Then it goes up the Jordan River valley (maybe both sides eventually) with feeders into the semi-autonomous Palestinian city states and a route to East Jerusalem as well. Would connect to Jordan of course at two or more major roads. COULD continue to the N. extreme of Israel to connect Lebanon and potentially Syria and Iraq (not any time soon).

The RESULT is a Trade Route that connects the entire Arab Middle East. And these proposed Pali city states are at the HUB of all that trade. It requires VERY LITTLE of land ceded by Israel in places where it doesn't matter all that much..

Admin of this route would be jointly secured by Egypt, Jordan, Israel and whatever loose Palestinian Federation comes into existence. Does NOT require a UNITY Pali National Govt that's been missing for centuries. But it's an offer ANY resident of the area would be stupid to refuse. And the WORLD could certainly fund it out of petty cash compared to the cost of continuing the conflict. Gaza would have a REAL seaport, And an airport in the West Bank accessible by this route.

I calculated this about 400 to 700 miles of super hiway. With limited on/off access. And a couple bridges. It's ELEVATED to enhance security and minimize the footprint on the existing roads and land.
Although I have some reservations about the main artery of the road going through Gaza and talking about and mentioning an airport and a seaport in the same breath, I'd like to see the article first.

This idea is principally based the same way if I understand You, looks impossible with Gaza under Hamas, but there're options:

With Hamas there -- wouldn't even happen. But all this more COULD happen and make Palestinians very rich and alive and happy...

Nothing prevents them being rich and alive today. The conflict is not about money.

In my immaculate dream, a field marshal is rewarded with a Deylicate for a job, well done.

His instructions and Jurisdiction would include that lord, spiritual and temporal in His Jurisdiction.

The Job; to go and simply, marshal the resources of His jurisdiction, ensure Order over Chaos every time it comes up, and ensure the general prosperity of the People of the His Jurisdiction. A stable trade Jurisdiction in any given Deylicate, is an automatic assumption.

A Deylicate could ensure Order over Chaos, every time this issue comes up; that is what they are Good for.

Palestinian society and politics are strongly based on family and tribal relations.
I think a Dey is an unfamiliar position for the majority of Arabs in Asia.

The Emirate idea is not about creating new institutions but working with the natural representatives of the society, creating solid connections with the natural leaders of the community who have the authority on the ground within each city- those are traditionally Sheikhs and Emirs.

Palestinian society and politics are strongly based on family and tribal relations.

The Emirate idea is not about creating new institutions but working with the natural representatives of the society, creating solid connections with the natural leaders of the community who have the authority on the ground within each city- those are traditionally Sheikhs and Emirs.
Why are we having problems in that region?

Is it "serious" or not; a Dey should make things happen within His jurisdiction.

To address your concerns:

The dey was chosen by local civilian, military, and religious leaders to govern for life and ruled with a high degree of autonomy

A Dey has no provision excuses: Only Results. As lord spiritual and temporal in His jurisdiction; the People really can have a sense of Entitlement, to Deliver All of their Problems, unto their lord.

Only a Dey can make a bright new day, in Palestine.

Is it "serious" or not; a Dey should make things happen within His jurisdiction.

The dey was chosen by local civilian, military, and religious leaders to govern for life and ruled with a high degree of autonomy

A Dey has no provision excuses: Only Results. As lord spiritual and temporal in His jurisdiction; the People really can have a sense of Entitlement, to Deliver All of their Problems, unto their lord.

Ok, steps of implementation?

That is what intrigues me about the idea. We t end to assume that western style institutions are the only answers, with out regard to the cultures and traditions of the people effected. One thing for sure...Palestinians have had a scarcity of representative leadership and an over abundance of corruption, and yet they are faced with the demand that ther e must be one voice speaking for them as a unified whole. Maybe that is not the answer. Maybe Gaza and WB should be negotiated with as seperate entities for examp,e. Maybe this insistence that there be one voice speaking for all is actually hindering progress towards peace.

Another way to look at this idea is rather than Bantustans...it could be an EU.

Nothing prevents them from being rich and alive today. The conflict is not about money.

You SERIOUS? A badly run 50 year occupation and no self govt or access to trade routes isn't "nothing".

I'll agree -- they are MUCH better off in "Palestine" than most of the other Palestinians in putrid detention camps in the rest of the Middle East -- but they are ISOLATED geographically and economically and LEGALLY..

By connecting all the OTHER Palestinian major cities states with access to EACH other and the rest of the Arab world. Build that Trade Corridor RIGHT UP to the Egyptian gate at Gaza and give it 5 years to develop and most of the Gaza residents will forget ALL ABOUT Hamas as "leadership". They'll see the REST of Palestine connected and thriving and will WANT to join the Federation that controls and uses these valuable assets.

In 6 or 8 years, the West Bank City states would have an Airhub. Gaza COULD have a world class seaport. Their attachment to Hamas would weaken and die.

Hamas leaves -- the road goes in.It's only about 50 miles of connector. Commerce and trade begin.

Ok, steps of implementation?

You need MORE govt than just a "wise man judge". A city needs a budget for security, legal process, contracting for infrastructure, maybe by choice public education/training, hiring, etc. It's a LONG list to run an area with 60,000 or 100,000 people. It will take local council leadership HOWEVER they want to provide it. Even if it's NOT elected. Also need to have diplomatic and loose relations with OTHER areas of Palestine. And appointed leaders to SPEAK for the interests of the autonomous city state.

By connecting all the OTHER Palestinian major cities states with access to EACH other and the rest of the Arab world. Build that Trade Corridor RIGHT UP to the Egyptian gate at Gaza and give it 5 years to develop and most of the Gaza residents will forget ALL ABOUT Hamas as "leadership". They'll see the REST of Palestine connected and thriving and will WANT to join the Federation that controls and uses these valuable assets.

In 6 or 8 years, the West Bank City states would have an Airhub. Gaza COULD have a world class seaport. Their attachment to Hamas would weaken and die.

Hamas leaves -- the road goes in.It's only about 50 miles of connector. Commerce and trade begin.
Will Israel allow the needed imports and exports to grow an economy. If you change the infrastructure without changing the policy, it is all for naught.

That is what intrigues me about the idea. We t end to assume that western style institutions are the only answers, with out regard to the cultures and traditions of the people effected. One thing for sure...Palestinians have had a scarcity of representative leadership and an over abundance of corruption, and yet they are faced with the demand that ther e must be one voice speaking for them as a unified whole. Maybe that is not the answer. Maybe Gaza and WB should be negotiated with as seperate entities for examp,e. Maybe this insistence that there be one voice speaking for all is actually hindering progress towards peace.

I came to the conclusion about 4 years ago that Palestinians were never gonna agree on much. Even expecting a "unified" government is probably never gonna happen. There was a documentary on Vice TV about the Pali fashion industry and it was a GREAT look at the differences city to city.

In one large Pali city there were lingerie shops and mild "adult" shops. In another, you could be seriously flogged for even thinking about it. THAT'S the way it is. So like their 3000 year history, the most stable autonomy is EXACTLY like your guy in the OP said -- It's by tribal and historical and family and religious sect kind of autonomy that is the best to be expected and what the PEOPLE are comfortable with. There's not a lot of TRUST between this dividing elements. And Hamas being an obvious Iranian Shiite proxy clan doesn't really have a home in that historical mix. But Hamas was a welfare group BEFORE the hand-over of Gaza and won the confidence of the people who DIDN'T trust a unified govt.

Let them be autonomous regions or city states and have their own way with it. Then they don't need either a PAuthority or Hamas.

Will Israel allow the needed imports and exports to grow an economy. If you change the infrastructure without changing the policy, it is all for naught.

I don't see any limits to the trade and commerce if the region is stable and Palis get to live in more local tribal governed way. SOMEONE has to provide internationally certified Customs/Immigration at an Airport or Seaport. But I believe that could be staffed by Jordan and Egypt while the Palis organize and stabilize their "city-states" for independence from Israel.

You should see EVERY pali in the West Bank capable of getting goods from Egypt, Jordan and abroad by air cargo without a LOT of demands from Israel. Although Israel's relationship with the neighbors would allow a lot of "joint security" for the region and the Trade Hiway..

The "neighbors" are moving in that direction ANYWAYS given the threats from Iran and radicals.

Think of the business opportunities for such a trade route. Just the service industry alone for trucker service, supplies, restaurants, and other roadside necessities.

And there's no MILITARY risk posed to ANY of the neighbors with an elevated expressway. No military genius is EVER gonna to an attack using an elevated road. It's suicide. As long as the border checkpoints are OK and there's security/emergency units covering the route -- there's no large scale intrusion issue. Not like a ground level Highway.

I don't see any limits to the trade and commerce if the region is stable and Palis get to live in more local tribal governed way. SOMEONE has to provide internationally certified Customs/Immigration at an Airport or Seaport. But I believe that could be staffed by Jordan and Egypt while the Palis organize and stabilize their "city-states" for independence from Israel.

You should see EVERY pali in the West Bank capable of getting goods from Egypt, Jordan and abroad by air cargo without a LOT of demands from Israel. Although Israel's relationship with the neighbors would allow a lot of "joint security" for the region and the Trade Hiway..

The "neighbors" are moving in that direction ANYWAYS given the threats from Iran and radicals.

Think of the business opportunities for such a trade route. Just the service industry alone for trucker service, supplies, restaurants, and other roadside necessities.

And there's no MILITARY risk posed to ANY of the neighbors with an elevated expressway. No military genius is EVER gonna to an attack using an elevated road. It's suicide. As long as the border checkpoints are OK and there's security/emergency units covering the route -- there's no large scale intrusion issue. Not like a ground level Highway.
You are ducking my question.

Forum List

Back