The opposite of Walmart during Thanksgiving holiday

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Costco Will Be Closed On Thanksgiving Because Employees Deserve The Opportunity To Be With Family ThinkProgress

10406695_10152901266794255_8127266176468991878_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Democrats will trumpet this tune until Wal-Mart caves and starts giving generously to Democrat politicians.

Aaaaannnd CUE the fascist-apologist boycott coming to a Costco near you in five.... four... three....

Costco has a well-established and well-deserved rep for treating their employees as valuable assets rather than faceless drones to be minimally paid and replaced as needed. Therein lies the difference.

It's a shake down. Costco has obviously paid the Democrats the protection money they demand. Wal-Mart hasn't.

Dot Com, Pogo, you do realize you are puppets of the corrupt unions and sleezy Democrat politicians who work your strings?

Aaaaannnd CUE the fascist-apologist boycott coming to a Costco near you in five.... four... three....

Costco has a well-established and well-deserved rep for treating their employees as valuable assets rather than faceless drones to be minimally paid and replaced as needed. Therein lies the difference.
^ that

And Costco pays a decent wage and to my knowledge does not support abortion.

Unlike Walmart, who starts their xmas grab-a-thon on Thursday afternoon.

And Costco pays a decent wage and to my knowledge does not support abortion.

Unlike Walmart, who starts their xmas grab-a-thon on Thursday afternoon.
WRONG, Costco gives money to Planned Parenthood:

2nd Vote The Conservative Way to Shop

Thanks for starting this informative thread. My boycott of Costco begins today. I will spread the word to all my Christian and conservative friends.

I think it is a good thing if Costco is giving its employees paid day off on Thanksgiving. However, if the employees are not getting paid then I think they should have an option of working or not working on the holidays.

Costco employees are wage employees so no, they don't get paid on Thanksgiving if they don't work.

Wal-Mart employees, on the other hand, will be paid double-time because Thanksgiving is a national holiday.

If I was making minimum wage, would I prefer an unpaid holiday or 8 hours of double pay? I think I would prefer the latter, but that's just me.

Thanks for starting this informative thread. My boycott of Costco begins today. I will spread the word to all my Christian and conservative friends.

^ predictable clinger is predictable

They "need to work" because companies like Wally World have helped to keep wages stagnant or even to fall because of the "stuff" they import & their pricing policy.

BTW- not all of them need to work & are willing to give up some fiat $$$ in order to spend time w/ loved ones.

Forum List

Back