The opposite of Walmart during Thanksgiving holiday

I'm glad Wal-Mart's open tomorrow. I may need to get some more sweet potatoes.

Yes, obviously you must serve your whim no matter what the human cost. After all we're Americans and we expect instant gratification, dammit.

If I was making minimum wage, would I prefer an unpaid holiday or 8 hours of double pay? I think I would prefer the latter, but that's just me.

Of course, who wouldn't, if that's the range of choice you're limited to...

Aaaaannnd CUE the fascist-apologist boycott coming to a Costco near you in five.... four... three....

Costco has a well-established and well-deserved rep for treating their employees as valuable assets rather than faceless drones to be minimally paid and replaced as needed. Therein lies the difference.

Thanks for starting this informative thread. My boycott of Costco begins today. I will spread the word to all my Christian and conservative friends.

^ predictable clinger is predictable

Yup, right on cue.
Good to know between They the Corporatia and We the People, which takes priority for some of us.

156668_600.jpg

Costco employees get paid holidays.

It's amazing that conservatives get so angry about the fact that Costco offers good paying jobs in retail.

Costco requires you pay a membership, and you have to pay by cash or check. NO CARDS !

Are you sure they don't take cards? They take my Amex every time I plop it down at the register...

You may want to drop them a note letting them know what their policies are...

Aaaaannnd CUE the fascist-apologist boycott coming to a Costco near you in five.... four... three....

Costco has a well-established and well-deserved rep for treating their employees as valuable assets rather than faceless drones to be minimally paid and replaced as needed. Therein lies the difference.
Folks called upon to work on Thanksgiving or any other national holiday get double their regular pay. For some, say the cook of the family, it can mean not to have to endure the hassle of cooking a huge meal and the expenditure of quite a lot of money.

For some others it can mean a free meal provided at their plac of work. Don't most all WalMart stores now have "food courts?"

It's not as if people can't celebrate Thanksgiving on F,S, or Sunday without too much inconvenience. We in my family have been doing it for years so as to get everybody all together an a agreeable day.

I think this is just another liberal grab for attention and another obligatory jab at the free market system they disdain so much.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back