The Nice Nice Give A Flower To Someone Thread.

Everyone is being SOOOO good (minus the flower fight petals all over the floor. And I am sure it isn't over yet!).........you all get one of these!

Good boys and girls, whom I love very much. ....pats each one on the head and beams at them......

3ad7f4c2209cb3e0402b96fc773208be.jpg

Delish!!!

How so? Are wild flowers not beautiful? Of are only cultivated varieties acceptable?

The wild flowers were just fine from the get go. It was a stupid line about Liberals that ruined all of your good intentions. What a shame.

Liberals don't like flowers? OK, I'll see what I can find for Conservatives, just to even things out. Sheesh...try to make nice...some people just cannot accept that.

You've decided to be deliberately dense on a thread that is non-partisan, what?

I don't know if all Liberals like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
I also don't know if all Conservatives like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
Which is ok, because that's not what this thread is about. It's about showing kindness toward people by sending them a flower. Here, their ideology is totally unimportant.

You do understand that simple principle, right?

This here is the lounge, leave your politics outside!

Last edited:
For [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]-

banksia-puclhella1.jpg

Teasel Banksia (Banksia Puclhella)

Teasel Banksia belongs to the family of Banksia which is native of Australia. These unusual flowers are red and yellow in color. The plant grows under ample sunlight and prefers low moisture. Suitable for suitable for xeriscaping, this unusual flowering plant can tolerate spells of droughts.

In other words, this flower can survive lots of hardships and still is beautiful, interesting and vibrant.

For no one in particular, just about the most interesting flower I have ever seen, also the largest and the heaviest. It's not a commentary on anyone here:

unusual-flower-of-rafflesia.jpg

Rafflesia

Here part of the description thereof:

Rafflesia is deemed to be the largest flower specie on earth, and its homeland is the rainforests of South East Asia. Rafflesia is a very rare flower requiring a special condition of humidity and warmth for it to blossom. From a bud to become a complete flower, Refflesia needs seven to nine months and it blossoms only for 4 to 5 days.

Its powerful smell like perished meat spreads in the area when it is bloomed fully....

...Some species of Rafflesia flower could be as big as 120 cm in diameter and weigh up to 10 Kilograms.

This amazing plant has no stems, leaves or roots. The only part of the plant that can be seen outside the host vine is the five-petaled flower...

... Rafflesia is classified as parasite, getting the nutrient out of its host.

Refflesia has been used in different ways by the locals. In Thailand, young buds of the flower are eaten as popular feast. In Peninsular Malaysia, Rafflesia buds are used by women to prevent internal bleeding and compress the womb after delivery. Men use it as an energy drink or as amorous remedy....

In other words, rare, stunningly beautiful, yet complex.

I bet that could apply to any of us at at least one point in time in our lives.

For @BD Boop

[ame=http://youtu.be/luRkeDCoxZ4]3 HOURS Relaxing Music with Water Sounds Meditation - YouTube[/ame]

For [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

bee-orchid-Tim-Wilkins.jpg

Bee Orchid

Because it's interesting and neat to look at!

That is magnificent!

Amazing all the things we can find in nature. Just plain old amazing. A wonder to behold.

I wonder if the flower - through the evolutionary process - has this shape and image to attract bees, or maybe to actually scare them away....

That is one of two art photographs I have in my photobucket, Grandma. That one reminded me of you and the other one reminded me of Ropey! I'm glad you liked it!

For [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]:

Peace Rose

DSC00122c1rszstagpeacerose.jpg

It is amazing how the color of a flower, esp. of a rose, is interpreted differently in different cultures.

In Germany, a yellow rose means, essentially, friendship.

But in Russia, yellow roses represent separation or betrayal. In Russia, if a young man gives his girlfriend a yellow rose, it means he is going to break up with her. Constituents angry at russian politicians for this, that or the other often throw yellow roses at them to symbolize betrayal. In some parts of Russia (in more rural areas), yellow roses are sometimes also used for funerals. I had a Russian girlfriend in 1999 and accidentally gave her a bouquet of yellow roses and she was mad as hell. I truly had no idea....

I find yellow roses to be even more beautiful than red roses.

I love roses of all colors. My grandma had rosebushes all over her yard, yellow, pink, red, white... I miss that. My mom used to have a deeeeeepp dark red one. It was cool.

Forum List

Back