The Nice Nice Give A Flower To Someone Thread.

The wild flowers were just fine from the get go. It was a stupid line about Liberals that ruined all of your good intentions. What a shame.

Liberals don't like flowers? OK, I'll see what I can find for Conservatives, just to even things out. Sheesh...try to make nice...some people just cannot accept that.

You've decided to be deliberately dense on a thread that is non-partisan, what?

I don't know if all Liberals like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
I also don't know if all Conservatives like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
Which is ok, because that's not what this thread is about. It's about showing kindness toward people by sending them a flower. Here, their ideology is totally unimportant.

You do understand that simple principle, right?

This here is the lounge, leave your politics outside!

Peace offering?

Attachments

• $ca8229.jpg
    $ca8229.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 113
Liberals don't like flowers? OK, I'll see what I can find for Conservatives, just to even things out. Sheesh...try to make nice...some people just cannot accept that.

You've decided to be deliberately dense on a thread that is non-partisan, what?

I don't know if all Liberals like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
I also don't know if all Conservatives like flowers or not. And it's totally unimportant for a thread in the Lounge.
Which is ok, because that's not what this thread is about. It's about showing kindness toward people by sending them a flower. Here, their ideology is totally unimportant.

You do understand that simple principle, right?

This here is the lounge, leave your politics outside!

Peace offering?

That is beautiful. Thanks!

Here's some wildflowers for the liberals who visit, 'cause I suspect that even liberals like flowers!

The flowers are beautiful! A gift from G-d and something wonderful to behold.

What a shame that you decided to ruin the moment with an ideological insult that makes no sense at all, but hey, if that's your style.... ok..... especially considering that it's a non-partisan thread.... ok....

Some just have to spew their vitriol everywhere they go.....I had to report another one for using a Game Thread as his springboard for spewing hateful comments....I guess some don't respect boundaries....and then they point fingers...tsk, tsk...

Here's some wildflowers for the liberals who visit, 'cause I suspect that even liberals like flowers!

The flowers are beautiful! A gift from G-d and something wonderful to behold.

What a shame that you decided to ruin the moment with an ideological insult that makes no sense at all, but hey, if that's your style.... ok..... especially considering that it's a non-partisan thread.... ok....

Some just have to spew their vitriol everywhere they go.....I had to report another one for using a Game Thread as his springboard for spewing hateful comments....I guess some don't respect boundaries....and then they point fingers...tsk, tsk...

I apologize for having missed where this was posted. But I still don't see where a genuine attempt to"make nice" with others I don't always agree with is justifiably described as "spewing vitriol". A reminder would have sufficed to correct my oversight.

I'll share with you guys one of my favorite flower types... the gladiolus. :smiliehug:

Assorted-Gladiolus-Flowers.jpg

3447.jpg

Gladiolus-Peter-Pears.jpg

8819053756446.jpg

Black%20Surprise%201-700x700.jpg

For @bodecea and @freedombecki -

banksia-puclhella1.jpg

Teasel Banksia (Banksia Puclhella)

Teasel Banksia belongs to the family of Banksia which is native of Australia. These unusual flowers are red and yellow in color. The plant grows under ample sunlight and prefers low moisture. Suitable for suitable for xeriscaping, this unusual flowering plant can tolerate spells of droughts.
In other words, this flower can survive lots of hardships and still is beautiful, interesting and vibrant.
Thanks, Stats. I looked up the Teasel, and butterflies apparently love it! :)

peacock-silver-washed-fritillary-inachis-io-argynnis-paphia-butterflies-feeding-teasel-flower-dipsacus-fullonum-34257274.jpg

Peacock And Silver-washed Fritillary Stock Images - Image: 34257274

[MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION] for ease in passing of your friend
[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] and her mister
[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] for Hombre

And anybody else in the valley of shadows right now - this one is for you.

a7449f0f105413cf5e392fbd72f70ed6.jpg

banksia-puclhella1.jpg

Teasel Banksia belongs to the family of Banksia which is native of Australia. These unusual flowers are red and yellow in color. The plant grows under ample sunlight and prefers low moisture. Suitable for suitable for xeriscaping, this unusual flowering plant can tolerate spells of droughts.
In other words, this flower can survive lots of hardships and still is beautiful, interesting and vibrant.

peacock-silver-washed-fritillary-inachis-io-argynnis-paphia-butterflies-feeding-teasel-flower-dipsacus-fullonum-34257274.jpg

And now you know why I picked it for you. Plus, it is just really different as a flower.

banksia-puclhella1.jpg

And now you know why I picked it for you. Plus, it is just really different as a flower.

Thanks, Stats. When I was growing up, my mother planted a bottle brush plant in the yard. I didn't know why, but she may have gotten an idea from Aunt Lorna who was from Sydney, as they corresponded for years on end after WWII.

plant-bottle-brush-trees-800x800.jpg

Also known as lemon bottlebrush, red bottle brush (Callistemon citrinus) is a flowering member of the myrtle family characterized by its fluffy, bright red seed heads and broad, bushy habit. Red bottlebrush is a common specimen tree or container plant for warm climates. The plant is fairly low maintenance and requires little care to thrive.

Read more: Facts about the Plant Bottle Brush | eHow

Thanks, Stats. When I was growing up, my mother planted a bottle brush plant in the yard. I didn't know why, but she may have gotten an idea from Aunt Lorna who was from Sydney, as they corresponded for years on end after WWII.

plant-bottle-brush-trees-800x800.jpg

Also known as lemon bottlebrush, red bottle brush (Callistemon citrinus) is a flowering member of the myrtle family characterized by its fluffy, bright red seed heads and broad, bushy habit. Red bottlebrush is a common specimen tree or container plant for warm climates. The plant is fairly low maintenance and requires little care to thrive.

Read more: Facts about the Plant Bottle Brush | eHow

[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]

I know that plant!!! It is growing in a yard 1 KM from my place. At that house is also an exotic tree called the Affenschwanzbaum (Monkey's Tail Tree):

I just took this photo last weekend, on Easter Sunday:

IMG_20140420_105848_zpsf4c15867.jpg

Next time I swing by, I will take a pic of the bottlebrush.

:D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back