USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

Zense-Restaurant-1.jpg

Okay we're back up and running yet again everybody. Sorry I wasn't here earlier but hope we don't lose folks in the transition.

And the statistics so far:

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.
USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.
The USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and at that time the total stats for the 'franchise' is:
106,390 posts
371 different people (give or take a few due to name changes) have posted in the Coffee Shop at some time.​

I like to think this record is because of the really special people we have learned to get to know and love in the Coffee Shop, and the genuine affection, concern, and encouragement that can be found there. And there's always room for more folks who need or want or appreciate that.

Long live the Coffee Shop!!!

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop's stepdaughter,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. Bloodrock
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Ringel.

47b1de3eca117f1217dc587.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

And I'm listening to the little frozen balls of sleetsnow hitting the windows, growing quieter as the weather turns to all snow...

*goes to the kitchen, fires up the giant Paul Bunyon size coffeepot*

I think we're looking at a hot breakfast this morning.

Evening all.

I had one of those great classes when you do your kata and think 'shit, I have improved and I didn't even realise until now'. Seriously, I was blown away. I only wobbled once on my final turn but the rest of it was really good.

My bottom wisdom tooth (the only one which has partially grown) is giving me heck tonight. The gum is infected again, which happens because the tooth has pushed it up and over so it covers half the tooth. Its easy for it to get irritated. Can't wait until it gets removed!

*RECORD COLD* 20 degrees here this morning.

I'm at a lose for words... :mad:
Forecasted rain/sleet/snow this afternoon with 1-3 inch accumulations by tomorrow. Yesterday, we had 78 degrees...:evil:
That's normal here. We had 6 inches of wet, slushy snow from Saturday night through Sunday morning. Saturday was in the 70s before the front hit and by Sunday afternoon we hit 40 degrees and most of the snow had melted.

Going over to my sisters to pay her for setting up housing for our trip to Nashville. My sisters and I go on vacation every year and this year, the Grand Ol Opery.

Among other things.

This is a positive and happy thing to do this morning.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back