The New Message the Democrats must embrace and win with.......

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
I'm 60 years old and for the majority of my life, the message democrats, as with republicans have always embraced is championing the middle class and I get it and I got it back then. The middle class was the back bone of this nation, our tax payers, our jobs enforcements, etc....But those days have long long long passed. Your either up there in the dollars or your the WORKING CLASS OF THIS NATION..... which is 99.99% of the 47% of this nation.

Its time democrats rebrand itself and become the party of the WORKING CLASS AND BUILD FROM THERE. Go out into these communities were people are working paycheck to paycheck and sit down and ask what are their needs and concerns....and do this non stop until 2020.

Fuck this Trump Titanic shit...this white mf and his supporters are never coming aboard, people...you have got to let them go. This centrist movement, has never worked, never will..

Its time to embrace and champion the working class and in doing so, the messaging has got to become better wages, single payer healthcare, massive tax relief and help in socializing programs that encourage retraining for new jobs for the future, affordable child care and programs for our youth and jobs. Stay on that message and you'll reach urban ghetto mom's out here busting here ass to white trash waitresses busting her ass.

Great idea. Now Dem s just have to figure out how to relaste to the.... white, male, cis-gendered, heterosexual, law abiding, gun owning, SUV driving, God fearing, overtaxed and underappreciated segment of the public known as the Working Class... aka Conservatives.

Democrats Play Blame Game With Pelosi After Georgia Election — To GOP's Glee

"You know you can sit here and we'll talk about Russia all day long today on Capitol Hill and in Washington. You go back to Ohio, they're not talking about Russia. They're not. They're not talking about Putin, Russia, Flynn. ... I just feel like we're so disconnected from what real people are thinking about. We're overwhelmed with our anger towards Trump. And I'm mad at Trump, but I'm madder at the Democrats for letting him get in. And we better focus," Ryan said.

"It's OK to be mad," Ryan added, but he argued that Democrats have to find a way to channel that into policy ideas. "If you stay mad, you stay angry, you're unproductive. And I think you know the energy is good, but we better start moving towards a focus on an agenda that's going to help working-class people."

I'm liking Ryan. Time for Pelosi to go.

I'm 60 years old and for the majority of my life, the message democrats, as with republicans have always embraced is championing the middle class and I get it and I got it back then. The middle class was the back bone of this nation, our tax payers, our jobs enforcements, etc....But those days have long long long passed. Your either up there in the dollars or your the WORKING CLASS OF THIS NATION..... which is 99.99% of the 47% of this nation.

Its time democrats rebrand itself and become the party of the WORKING CLASS AND BUILD FROM THERE. Go out into these communities were people are working paycheck to paycheck and sit down and ask what are their needs and concerns....and do this non stop until 2020.

Fuck this Trump Titanic shit...this white mf and his supporters are never coming aboard, people...you have got to let them go. This centrist movement, has never worked, never will..

Its time to embrace and champion the working class and in doing so, the messaging has got to become better wages, single payer healthcare, massive tax relief and help in socializing programs that encourage retraining for new jobs for the future, affordable child care and programs for our youth and jobs. Stay on that message and you'll reach urban ghetto mom's out here busting here ass to white trash waitresses busting her ass.
Lol, will you ever get off welfare?

"You know you can sit here and we'll talk about Russia all day long today on Capitol Hill and in Washington. You go back to Ohio, they're not talking about Russia. They're not. They're not talking about Putin, Russia, Flynn. ... I just feel like we're so disconnected from what real people are thinking about. We're overwhelmed with our anger towards Trump. And I'm mad at Trump, but I'm madder at the Democrats for letting him get in. And we better focus," Ryan said.

"It's OK to be mad," Ryan added, but he argued that Democrats have to find a way to channel that into policy ideas. "If you stay mad, you stay angry, you're unproductive. And I think you know the energy is good, but we better start moving towards a focus on an agenda that's going to help working-class people."

I totally agree with this. The Democrats need to do a mea culpa and apologize to white working class voters. "Sorry about all the identity politics crap. We were wrong.

Yeah the Democrats have let slip their championing of the middle class a bit. They are still the party of the working man but they've wandered off message in recent years. They certainly have to dump all the current old leadership and get new faces in there. Pelosi and the rest of the regulars are good soldiers but play terribly on tv. Time to go. But they aren't doing that, they're sticking with these people because they have in fact become tone deaf.

It's time to let Warren and other new faces drive the car now. They don't need much to win in the next elections, Drumpf is dragging the GOP brand through the rat excrement in the sewer so all the Democrats need to do is put new faces out there with single-payer healthcare and solid jobs retraining for workers that will be displaced by automation in near future. Renewables already sell themselves and getting the US back into the Paris accord is a winning issue as well. It's only the tiny fraction of derps in the US that still don't acknowledge the undisputable facts of Global Warming. They will be easy to marginalize. The entire rest of the world is in agreement.

Ryan had a good interview on Morning Addition, unfortunately there isn't a transcript. In short, what he said was Dems need to get off the Hate Trump bandwagon and start getting into the communities and listening to people's concerns and creating a strategy based on that. It's what the Republicans did successfully. You can't just base a strategy on opposing a president. There are enormous concerns out there - the Republican Healthcare Bill is enormously unpopular for example but the Dems need to address it not as "the Republican bill" but on it's specifics and offer solutions, including simply fixing ACA rather than repealing it. They need to focus on how THEY are going to help the people, not how THEY are going to obstruct the Republicans because the hate Trump and they need to do it at a community level. Obama built a great grass roots following that is crumbling in the Democrats hands - so they better open their eyes and see which way the wind is blowing before pissing in it. The Republicans played the obstruction game for 8 years, I don't want the Dems to repeat that pattern and they are.

I totally agree with this. The Democrats need to do a mea culpa and apologize to white working class voters. "Sorry about all the identity politics crap. We were wrong.

I'm not sure they need to do that anymore than the Republicans need to apologize to blacks - but they do need to get out there and shut up and listen for a bit because politics ultimately - is local.

And, though this is not really part of it - I wish they could remove outside special interest money from non-presidential elections and let people on local levels run their elections on what really concerns them - not Trump. Not Pelosi. Hell - if you took all the money spent on those elections and applied it to the debt.....

/---- wake up -- The Dem party is not centrist. They are now ruled by the far leftist and Progressives. Dems had 8 years to deliver on these promises and failed miserably.

Yeah the Democrats have let slip their championing of the middle class a bit. They are still the party of the working man but they've wandered off message in recent years. They certainly have to dump all the current old leadership and get new faces in there. Pelosi and the rest of the regulars are good soldiers but play terribly on tv. Time to go. But they aren't doing that, they're sticking with these people because they have in fact become tone deaf.

It's time to let Warren and other new faces drive the car now. They don't need much to win in the next elections, Drumpf is dragging the GOP brand through the rat excrement in the sewer so all the Democrats need to do is put new faces out there with single-payer healthcare and solid jobs retraining for workers that will be displaced by automation in near future. Renewables already sell themselves and getting the US back into the Paris accord is a winning issue as well. It's only the tiny fraction of derps in the US that still don't acknowledge the undisputable facts of Global Warming. They will be easy to marginalize. The entire rest of the world is in agreement.

It is this kind of weird narrative that is keeping you moronic dems out of office. Marginalize, my ass. You guys can't even get your foot in the door. We don't trust you, we don't listen to you, we don't like you, and we don't vote for you. Marginalize that....
And that's a big yes on Warren. Choose her as your next Demo leader. She's Hillary with a headdress....
No one gives a shit about the UN climate money grab. The Republicans heard the UN say, "Forget about the environment, this is about giving away America's wealth and resources" and we gave it the old heave ho. You keep beating that dead horse during the next election, ok?
And we aren't even hiring blacks as waitresses anymore. We can't trust you with our food.

Last edited:
Great idea. Now Dem s just have to figure out how to relaste to the.... white, male, cis-gendered, heterosexual, law abiding, gun owning, SUV driving, God fearing, overtaxed and underappreciated segment of the public known as the Working Class... aka Conservatives.
Not only that, they need to figure out how to, in the Pelosi/Reid/Obama era, fake enough sincerity to pull it off.

Overtaxed. What a joke. Quit complaining about having to pay for living in the greatest country in the world. It ain't free, amigo.

Overtaxed. What a joke. Quit complaining about having to pay for living in the greatest country in the world. It ain't free, amigo.
/--- We don't mind paying a reasonable tax rate but when our money is squandered and we demand spending cuts you lash out that we are evil, greedy and selfish.
10 most outrageous ways government wastes your money

It is this kind of weird narrative that is keeping you moronic dems out of office. Marginalize, my ass. You guys can't even get your foot in the door. We don't trust you, we don't listen to you, we don't like you, and we don't vote for you. Marginalize that....
And that's a big yes on Warren. Choose her as your next Demo leader. She's Hillary with a headdress....
No one gives a shit about the UN climate money grab. The Republicans heard the UN say, "Forget about the environment, this is about giving away America's wealth and resources" and we gave it the old heave ho. You keep beating that dead horse during the next election, ok?
And we aren't even hiring blacks as waitresses anymore. We can't trust you with our food.

When you say 'we' you mean the tiny minority that voted for Trump. 63 million people is 20% of the population of the United States. I know you need to feel like you are 'in the majority' or 'main stream' but you aren't. The whacko alt-right is having a very fleeting moment of grandeur that will fade away very quickly. It's sad really to hear anyone that voted for Trump to speak as if they are part of the grand vast majority of Americans that elected him. You are in a tiny minority. Feel good for a short while, why not. But the die is cast, demographics cannot be ignored. 2018 will end Republican control of Congress and 2020 will end Republican control of the White House.

Unless the Republican 'healthcare' bill provides great coverage for millions of Americans at vastly reduced cost. Which is can't.

Other than that what do Republicans offer? Tax cuts for the rich and throwing more poor people into the streets. Always a winning combination.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back