The Muzzling Of Free Speech In America

I laugh every time I see a state declare the annual Christmas Tree as a Holiday Tree.

How do they decorate it for Easter?
St Patricks Day?
4th of July?
Halloween?
etc

I would LOVE it if one of you people would support the claim that nobody talks about race or gay marriage out of fear of the PC police.

Gay Colorado couple sues bakery for allegedly refusing them wedding cake

Florist Who Refused Flowers to Gay Wedding Sued
Those are actions, not words, and their actions were illegal...

They muzzled the baker and the florist.

No, they did not. They did, however, require that they follow the laws concerning discrimination. But that wasn't why those people got burned.

BTW, that "gag order" never existed. Oregon law forbids discrimination. The baker got in trouble because they posted, on their official business website, that they would never knowingly serve gays. There was no gag order. It is simply illegal to, as a business, “publish, circulate, issue or display” any “communication, notice, advertisement or sign of any kind” that suggests they will turn someone away because of their identity.".

Break the law and you pay. It really is that simple.

As private citizens, they are able to exercise their right of free speech. But a business entity does not enjoy those constitutional rights.

And if someone saying "Happy Holidays" is offensive to you, you are looking for reasons to be offended.
Would the same not be true if someone wished you a Merry Christmas?

Dumb shit.

I don't believe in any God. But when someone who does says "God bless you" I don't get offended.

You know what is weird? Guys like you actually think people get offended when you wish them a Merry Christmas. And....you do it many times PRECISELY for that reason. You use the term to TRY TO OFFEND people who you know aren't Christian. It's you being a passive aggressive ass and not a Christian

Think about how sad that is. You are a loser.
I have no idea why you're droning on this one and frankly I don't care. I was asking winterborn.

And if someone saying "Happy Holidays" is offensive to you, you are looking for reasons to be offended.

If I were not a Christian and were getting ready to celebrate my religion's holiday? It might. I have spent my hard earned dollars in your store and you want to ONLY wish for my celebration of YOUR holiday to be happy? If I celebrate Hannukah, Yule, ect ect, is my holiday not be merry? You certainly don't mind taking Jewish or Wiccan money.

And this is about company rules. Don't like them? Don't work there.

If I were not a Christian and were getting ready to celebrate my religion's holiday? It might. I have spent my hard earned dollars in your store and you want to ONLY wish for my celebration of YOUR holiday to be happy? If I celebrate Hannukah, Yule, ect ect, is my holiday not be merry? You certainly don't mind taking Jewish or Wiccan money.

Pretty convoluted way of saying you'd be intolerant and looking for reasons to be offended.

The pre-digested morality of mediocre minds, indeed.

Pretty convoluted way of saying you'd be intolerant and looking for reasons to be offended.

LMAO!! Oh, so my being offended by having only one single religious holiday recognized is convoluted and intolerant. But your demands that your specific holiday be the one single holiday used in all greetings is not?

My mind is far from mediocre. And the suggestion that it is, from one who thinks only their faith should be spoken of, is laughable.

LMAO!! Oh, so my being offended by having only one single religious holiday recognized is convoluted and intolerant. But your demands that your specific holiday be the one single holiday used in all greetings is not?

My mind is far from mediocre. And the suggestion that it is, from one who thinks only their faith should be spoken of, is laughable.
Indeed, your mind may not even be mediocre. I apparently gave you too much credit. You said something blatantly stupid and hypocritical and stumbled trying to cover your ass. Take whatever shreds of dignity you have left and move on.

So, which part of your free speech was muzzled this morning, Geaux?

Was that before or after the black helicopters circled your abode?

Thanks.

I thought you were more concerned about the collective, not the individual?

There may be hope for you yet

-Geaux

I am concerned for humanity and the betterment of homo sapiens.

Indeed, your mind may not even be mediocre. I apparently gave you too much credit. You said something blatantly stupid and hypocritical and stumbled trying to cover your ass. Take whatever shreds of dignity you have left and move on.

I said nothing of the kind. But I see that you have nothing but personal insults to offer. That means you have no real argument. But if calling me names makes you feel better, go for it.

It still remains that a business can require its employees to say "Happy Holidays" as long as they are representing the business. On their own time they can say whatever they want.

Geaux4it , The Right continues to mistake this as a Free Speech issue.

It isn't. It's a cultural issue. It's about a group of people who have constitutionally used our own freedoms against us.

They know they have "the right" to intimidate, punish and control people enough so that they can control the conversation.

It's nasty, it's cowardly, it's dishonest, it's terribly destructive, it certainly does spit in the face of the spirit of free speech, but I'm afraid it's perfectly constitutional.

The left discovered they had a huge hammer using these methods.

Say anything negative regardless what it is regarding a person of color, they scream you're a "racist".
Don't agree with gay marriage, you're a "bigot" and "homophobe".

The list goes on and on, and today most people simply wish to avoid discussing certain issues out of fear.

Are you full of fear?

I would LOVE it if one of you people would support the claim that nobody talks about race or gay marriage out of fear of the PC police.

Oh it happens. You best not be talking about minorities or other ethic groups at my work. As far as I can stick my neck out is I still use 'Christmas Party' text on my office flyers every year. Funny enough, they had issue with Christmas but let me keep it, however, they did not like the beer mug I had mixed with balloons and stuff... You know,..... a typical office flyer....

You have to watch what you say. Hell, the internet is one of the last 'free' forums of speech. Well, in most cases

-Geaux

Geaux, I want to wish you a really good CHRISTMAS party this year. In fact, I hope it's the best CHRISTMAS party you folks will ever have! Merry best CHRISTMAS party, ever!

And those people are afraid of the so-called PC-police? Really?

You think they don't have reason to be?

they just trampled all over their First Amendment rights.

With the help of the Politically Correct court system.

Uhm, no.

People who work in business don't have a right to discriminate against other people. Sorry, public accomodations laws are pretty clear.

I laugh every time I see a state declare the annual Christmas Tree as a Holiday Tree.

How do they decorate it for Easter?
St Patricks Day?
4th of July?
Halloween?
etc

Not to bright or educated are you? The "christmas" tree comes from a pre christian pagan Nordic custom

Long before the advent of Christianity, plants and trees that remained green all year had a special meaning for people in the winter.

History of Christmas Trees - Christmas - HISTORY.com

No, they did not. Those individuals are still allowed to express their views and speak freely.

What they are NOT allowed to do is have a business discriminate.

Oh, you are dealing with Meathead. Poor you.

Forum List

Back