The Muzzling Of Free Speech In America

I would LOVE it if one of you people would support the claim that nobody talks about race or gay marriage out of fear of the PC police.

Oh it happens. You best not be talking about minorities or other ethic groups at my work. As far as I can stick my neck out is I still use 'Christmas Party' text on my office flyers every year. Funny enough, they had issue with Christmas but let me keep it, however, they did not like the beer mug I had mixed with balloons and stuff... You know,..... a typical office flyer....

You have to watch what you say. Hell, the internet is one of the last 'free' forums of speech. Well, in most cases

-Geaux

it started with Christmas. Ah, can't call it Christmas..... but instead..... 'The Holidays'

We were screwed at that very juncture.

But wait, then came trophy's for our t-ballers and little pony league tots. Can't have an MVP anymore..... Everyone gets a trophy. Even the kids who are just completely terrible are to be included in 'awards' for excellence

This is life we need to teach our kids. Not everyone in life excel above others, but they should be noted for the success. Instead the future Mickey Mantle is bogged down in a bell curve type of judgement, where his strengths are overshadowed and or marginalized. We need to start recognizing success again. It's an important ingredient for life sustainment

-Geaux

We did NOT start to call Xmas "the Holidays" to muzzle free speech.

Privately owned businesses did it because they have customer that celebrate different holidays and some who are not religious. They wanted to include those people, since the money they spend is part of their profit.

it started with Christmas. Ah, can't call it Christmas..... but instead..... 'The Holidays'

But wait, then came trophy's for our t-ballers and little pony league tots. Can't have an MVP anymore..... Everyone gets a trophy. Even the kids who are just completely terrible are to be included in 'awards' for excellence

This is life we need to teach our kids. Not everyone in life excel above others, but they should be noted for the success. Instead the future Mickey Mantle is bogged down in a bell curve type of judgement, where his strengths are overshadowed and or marginalized. We need to start recognizing success again. It's an important ingredient for life sustainment

-Geaux

Privately owned businesses did it because they have customer that celebrate different holidays and some who are not religious. They wanted to include those people, since the money they spend is part of their profit.

I disagree. It is a direct attack on freedom of speech and freedom of religion

-Geaux

Makes no sense in that whoever would not do business with a company which uses the word Christmas would be far more intolerant than the people the PC police claim to defend.

There is more than a whiff of Orwellianism as well.

-Geaux

-Geaux

That is ridiculous.

This is where you guys go off the tracks. Fucking Christmas is everywhere starting in October.

What an impressive list. You should be sure to post it at least once per day. It proves everything you say to be 100% correct.

The President of the United States ends every public speaking engagement with the words "May god bless the United States of America"

There is no war on your freakish religion.

Wow, here's another I get to add, nice piece from a college progressive who is brave and honest. He sees how ILLIBERAL these people have become:

REED: When liberals become illiberal

In the misguided and overbearing attempts to police language, we are turning against one another while institutional racism and inequalities persist. This manifests in discussions over whether it is acceptable to say “All Lives Matter” and severe consequences when we too often decide it’s not. Political correctness belies liberalism’s present impotence. The model modern-day liberal college student is more concerned with arbitrating over what can and can’t be said in public discourse than contending with real, substantive public issues. We get bogged down in minutia and stuck arguing over whether what words are too “othering” for print rather than focusing on how to change policing strategies or how to decrease the gender pay gap. In doing so, we are working backwards, against ourselves. We turn the mainstream away from liberalism as they react to this ridiculousness.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Name one single instance in which someone was prohibited from practicing their faith? Saying "Merry Christmas" is not a religious right. And if someone is paying you to represent the company to ALL their customers, then you either represent the company as they require or you quit and go somewhere else.

Makes no sense in that whoever would not do business with a company which uses the word Christmas would be far more intolerant than the people the PC police claim to defend.

There is more than a whiff of Orwellianism as well.

Oh please, no one said that anyone would stop using a business. But a business that wants to attract more customers will represent itself as favorable to ALL of them.

Don't want to be told not to say "Merry Christmas"? Don't work for companies that have a "Happy Holidays" rule.

And if someone saying "Happy Holidays" is offensive to you, you are looking for reasons to be offended.

And if someone saying "Happy Holidays" is offensive to you, you are looking for reasons to be offended.
Would the same not be true if someone wished you a Merry Christmas?

Dumb shit.

I don't believe in any God. But when someone who does says "God bless you" I don't get offended.

You know what is weird? Guys like you actually think people get offended when you wish them a Merry Christmas. And....you do it many times PRECISELY for that reason. You use the term to TRY TO OFFEND people who you know aren't Christian. It's you being a passive aggressive ass and not a Christian

Think about how sad that is. You are a loser.

I would LOVE it if one of you people would support the claim that nobody talks about race or gay marriage out of fear of the PC police.
Geaux4it , The Right continues to mistake this as a Free Speech issue.

It isn't. It's a cultural issue. It's about a group of people who have constitutionally used our own freedoms against us.

They know they have "the right" to intimidate, punish and control people enough so that they can control the conversation.

It's nasty, it's cowardly, it's dishonest, it's terribly destructive, it certainly does spit in the face of the spirit of free speech, but I'm afraid it's perfectly constitutional.

The left discovered they had a huge hammer using these methods.

Say anything negative regardless what it is regarding a person of color, they scream you're a "racist".
Don't agree with gay marriage, you're a "bigot" and "homophobe".

The list goes on and on, and today most people simply wish to avoid discussing certain issues out of fear.

Yeah.....nobody ever talks about race or gay marriage any more. You have nailed it.

Internet message boards and the real world are two different places.

Forum List

Back