The Irish... And Who Didn't 'Help' Them Succeed

America will always be held back whilst its attitude to race is so screwed up.

Held back? That may be the dumbest post of the year

What good came out of Jim Crow?
The ability to use it to get more free shit and set asides for the next 600 years?

There is very little government help, relatively speaking, that is available to black Americans that isn't also available to white Americans.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

America will always be held back whilst its attitude to race is so screwed up.

The ability to use it to get more free shit and set asides for the next 600 years?

There is very little government help, relatively speaking, that is available to black Americans that isn't also available to white Americans.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.
prove me wrong

Your streak of being wrong about everything is unbroken.

Since you want no laws, slavery would become the right of anyone with the power to obtain and keep slaves.

What does that have to do with the issue under discussion?

What help did blacks get that the Irish didn't get during the peak times of Irish emigration to the US?

Welfare, Food Stamps, Affirmative Action, Scholarships and thousands of government programs designed specifically to help blacks.

Any questions?

None of that happened during the time I specified. More whites are on welfare and food stamps than blacks.

You cannot list a thousand programs exclusive to blacks.

That's right, the Irish never received any of those benefits. That's why they aren't wallowing in the ghetto stuck on the welfare plantation.

You're nit picking at minutiae.

Appalachia is full of poor folks of Irish descent getting all kinds of government assistance.

Prove me wrong.
prove me wrong

Medicaid is not restricted to blacks. Food stamps are not restricted to blacks. Heat,energy, housing assistance, not restricted to blacks, affirmative action is not restricted to blacks, earned income credit not restricted to blacks. Tuition assistance is not restricted to blacks.

Now you do your blacks-only ones.

That is all you have and you still don't have that. Commenting on someones ability to make a point.
Its to bad you really are not as intelligent as you profess to be, because those that look down on others, like you, know less than anyone
You have no idea what a lie is because you only lie.
One has to know the opposite to know the difference.
Your stupidity precedes you.

One extremely large factor that the lying "chic" doesn't say is that the Irish were never held up the slavery standard.
Next!

Imagine....if only you could actually construct an articulate sentence in the English language!

Just imagine.

But....that would presume that you weren't a government school grad....and therefore wouldn't be a boilerplate Liberal.

And...by the way, I never lie. That's why you couldn't find any example of me doing so.

What does that have to do with the issue under discussion?

What help did blacks get that the Irish didn't get during the peak times of Irish emigration to the US?

Welfare, Food Stamps, Affirmative Action, Scholarships and thousands of government programs designed specifically to help blacks.

Any questions?

None of that happened during the time I specified. More whites are on welfare and food stamps than blacks.

That's right, the Irish never received any of those benefits. That's why they aren't wallowing in the ghetto stuck on the welfare plantation.

Appalachia is full of poor folks of Irish descent getting all kinds of government assistance.
really.
how many democrat run cities are overloade with blacks getting free stuff.

Why don't you research to find out the states that have the most citizens on average that are receiving welfare.
Then check to see the party affiliation of their Governor and their state legislature, then get back to us.

Any questions?

really.

Any questions?

really.

I thought you RWnuts said the government doesn't create jobs.

That is all you have and you still don't have that. Commenting on someones ability to make a point.
Its to bad you really are not as intelligent as you profess to be, because those that look down on others, like you, know less than anyone

One extremely large factor that the lying "chic" doesn't say is that the Irish were never held up the slavery standard.
Next!

Imagine....if only you could actually construct an articulate sentence in the English language!

Just imagine.

But....that would presume that you weren't a government school grad....and therefore wouldn't be a boilerplate Liberal.

And...by the way, I never lie. That's why you couldn't find any example of me doing so.

1. "That is all you have and you still don't have that. Commenting on someones ability to make a point."
Now....see....my tough love approach actually forced you to provide a cogent sentence!
I knew you could do it.

2."Its to bad you really are not as intelligent as you profess to be,...."
Can we leave it at this....I'm somewhere between you and intelligent.

3. "....You have no idea what a lie is because you only lie."
I never lie. And, the proof is that you were unable to provide any exmple of me doing so.

Now....write soon and I'll give you another lesson.

Such the fool who thinks they rise above all
See the fingers pointing at you.

Next!

Just imagine.

1. "That is all you have and you still don't have that. Commenting on someones ability to make a point."
Now....see....my tough love approach actually forced you to provide a cogent sentence!
I knew you could do it.

2."Its to bad you really are not as intelligent as you profess to be,...."
Can we leave it at this....I'm somewhere between you and intelligent.

3. "....You have no idea what a lie is because you only lie."
I never lie. And, the proof is that you were unable to provide any exmple of me doing so.

Now....write soon and I'll give you another lesson.

Why don't you research to find out the states that have the most citizens on average that are receiving welfare.
Then check to see the party affiliation of their Governor and their state legislature, then get back to us.

Any questions?

really.

1. DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor; (*Miami currently has a Republican Mayor (Tomas Regalado)

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.
Top 10 Poorest Cities run by Democrats

The cities with populations over 200,000 ranked as the mostdangerousare:

1. Detroit, MI - Mayor Mike Duggan - DEMOCRAT

2. Oakland, CA - Mayor Jean Quan - DEMOCRAT

3. Memphis, TN - Mayor A C Wharton - DEMOCRAT

4. St. Louis, MO - Mayor Francis G. Slay - DEMOCRAT

5. Cleveland, OH - Mayor Frank G. Jackson - DEMOCRAT

6. Baltimore, MD - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake - DEMOCRAT

7. Milwaukee, WI - Mayor Tom Barrett - DEMOCRAT

8. Birmingham, AL - Mayor William A. Bell - DEMOCRAT

9. Newark, NJ - Mayor Ras Baraka - DEMOCRAT

10. Kansas City, MO - Mayor Sly James - Independent (but probably a DEMOCRAT) Democrats Run The Highest Crime Cities in America

See.....I never lie: I promised you another lesson....and I provided same.

really.

1. DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor; (*Miami currently has a Republican Mayor (Tomas Regalado)

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.
Top 10 Poorest Cities run by Democrats

The cities with populations over 200,000 ranked as the mostdangerousare:

1. Detroit, MI - Mayor Mike Duggan - DEMOCRAT

2. Oakland, CA - Mayor Jean Quan - DEMOCRAT

3. Memphis, TN - Mayor A C Wharton - DEMOCRAT

4. St. Louis, MO - Mayor Francis G. Slay - DEMOCRAT

5. Cleveland, OH - Mayor Frank G. Jackson - DEMOCRAT

6. Baltimore, MD - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake - DEMOCRAT

7. Milwaukee, WI - Mayor Tom Barrett - DEMOCRAT

8. Birmingham, AL - Mayor William A. Bell - DEMOCRAT

9. Newark, NJ - Mayor Ras Baraka - DEMOCRAT

10. Kansas City, MO - Mayor Sly James - Independent (but probably a DEMOCRAT) Democrats Run The Highest Crime Cities in America

See.....I never lie: I promised you another lesson....and I provided same.

Richest cities in America,

San Franciso CA, San Jose CA.

Republican? I don't think so.

Poorest counties in the US? Almost all in red states.

Today, in consideration of Saint Patrick's Day, a look at the journey of the Irish in America.

The Irish were the first ethnic minority in American cities, and their history shows the classic pattern of new comers to the urban economy, and society. Starting at the very bottom of the urban occupational ladder, with the men as laborers and the woman as maids. Housing was far worse than urban slums today. Thomas Sowell, "Ethnic America," chapter one.

And the Irish-Americans were pro-union, pro worker's rights, and ran the Democratic party.

And haven't you extolled the virtues of Anglo-Saxon Christianity (meaning Protestant) which is decidedly NOT the Irish?

Once again, it shows the stupid arrogance of someone like "chick" , because they have an inferiority complex.
Hence, their ignorance and stupidity shines a light on them.

Today, in consideration of Saint Patrick's Day, a look at the journey of the Irish in America.

The Irish were the first ethnic minority in American cities, and their history shows the classic pattern of new comers to the urban economy, and society. Starting at the very bottom of the urban occupational ladder, with the men as laborers and the woman as maids. Housing was far worse than urban slums today. Thomas Sowell, "Ethnic America," chapter one.

And the Irish-Americans were pro-union, pro worker's rights, and ran the Democratic party.

And haven't you extolled the virtues of Anglo-Saxon Christianity (meaning Protestant) which is decidedly NOT the Irish?

The Irish pulled up their boots and went to work. Unlike a certain other faction that demand reparations, have been given every opportunity to better themselves through affirmative action and other programs and STILL can't make anything of themselves.

the irish weren't defined by the color of their skin or enslaved or forced to come here or segregated by law.

you're welcome

The Irish pulled up their boots and went to work. Unlike a certain other faction that demand reparations, have been given every opportunity to better themselves through affirmative action and other programs and STILL can't make anything of themselves.

the irish weren't defined by the color of their skin or enslaved or forced to come here or segregated by law.

you're welcome
and the blacks today are here by choice. There are flights leaving all day every day.
so why after all this time are they still unable to make anything of themselves.

And the Know-Nothing Party was the Progressive Party of the era.....virulently anti-Catholic.....exactly what FDR's very first pick for the Supreme Court was....a KKKer who hated Catholics and corrupted the Constitution.

Touché

Once again, it shows the stupid arrogance of someone like "chick" , because they have an inferiority complex.
Hence, their ignorance and stupidity shines a light on them.

Ooo, look....I've reduced you to psychobabble!

You really imagine (I almost said 'think') I have an inferiority complex???

Really?

you're welcome

Gee....without your support, I don't know what our poor African-Americans would sink to.
They sure are lucky to have you on their side.....

I'm one of those silly folks that believe they are perfectly capable of achieving without skin-color rules.

1. “Like members of outsider groups before and since, this African-American elite considered education to be the key to full citizenship. They also embraced values of character and responsibility….Gains in terms of entrepreneurship, finding a trade, finding a profession, setting down roots, buying property, and feeling they were at last becoming a genuine part of city life. They would refer to ‘color-phobia’ as ‘fast disappearing in our city.’…Peterson's great grandfather owned a pharmacy in a largely Irish neighborhood.” "Black Gotham," by University of Maryland Professor Carla Peterson.

Forum List

Back