just republicans minding their own business : masks

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
nc senate votes , veto proof party line vote, to make wearig masks in public illegal.

and what makes these guys qualified to make that call?

The North Carolina Senate voted along party lines Wednesday to ban anyone from wearing masks in public for health reasons, following an emotional debate about the wisdom of the proposal.
Republican supporters of the ban said it would help police crack down on protesters who wear masks — which some lawmakers called a growing concern, saying demonstrators are abusing Covid-19 pandemic-era norms to wear masks that hide their identities.

Absolutely crazy. Where do we find these people? I can't imagine it standing a court challenge but the small brained Senators only want to show that they are "tough".

It's the same kind of thinking that had Noem believing people would be rallying behind her for killing her dog. There is something seriously wrong with a large number of people.

There are very legitimate reasons why people will wear a mask out in public but screw them I guess.

Let them wear their masks. I especially love it when they're all alone, driving in their cars, wearing one. Masks just make these unhinged, paranoid liberals easier to spot and it's a lot more acceptable than tattooing their foreheads. Back to MAGA

Let them wear their masks. I especially love it when they're all alone, driving in their cars, wearing one. Masks just make these unhinged, paranoid liberals easier to spot and it's a lot more acceptable than tattooing their foreheads. Back to MAGA

You as you pass someone else in another car wearing a mask have no idea why they are doing so. Perhaps they are out shopping and they have a legitimate reason for wearing one and it's simply easier to leave it on as opposed to taking it off and on.

But you over there in your judgmental glory will jump to whatever conclusions that make you feel better.

nc senate votes , veto proof party line vote, to make wearig masks in public illegal.

The North Carolina Senate voted along party lines Wednesday to ban anyone from wearing masks in public for health reasons, following an emotional debate about the wisdom of the proposal.
Republican supporters of the ban said it would help police crack down on protesters who wear masks — which some lawmakers called a growing concern, saying demonstrators are abusing Covid-19 pandemic-era norms to wear masks that hide their identities.

what makes them qualified is Fauci said masks are not effective

End of story

The party of "small Govt" strikes again.

The precedent has been set by democrats by forcing people to wear masks.

So, if you can force them to wear masks you can also force them not to wear masks.

Granted, it sure would be nice to have an opposition party to fascism, but it is what it is.

See why fascism is bad democrats?

No?

The hell you say!

So, the Govt could outlaw seatbelts and fine people for wearing them?
In government, the sky is the limit.

We see this every day.

Americans rejected a limited government long ago.

Soon they will force you to buy an electric car.

Did you ever think the government would force you to buy a certain kind of car no one wants? They don't drive long on a charge, they destroy tires because they are so heavy, and when the battery goes, which is not long, you may as well buy another car cuz they are so damned expensive.

Did I mention making the batteries is horrible for the environment?

But alas, Potato head knows best, which is why you are paying 20% more for everything!

Yay.

If you are so concerned about illness that you can’t be outside without a mask on, stay the fuck indoors. There is no need to be wesribg a mask to conceal one’s identity in a public place.

I was forced by Republican governor Jim Justice and Mike Dewine.
As I've said time and time again, it sure would be nice to have an opposition party

DeWine the Swine.

As bad as he was though, blue governors, like in Michigan and California, were far worse.

As I've said time and time again, it sure would be nice to have an opposition party

DeWine the Swine.

As bad as he was though, blue governors, like in Michigan and California, were far worse.

No, you said Democrats did this. No, it was very bipartisan.

Let me amend what I said, not all Republicans did this, some did, but all democrats did.

DeSantis, for example, did not.

Only one Republican governor did not and she has thrown her political career away since then.

At the beginning of the pandemic, I used to buy beer at a local shop that was forced to require customers to wear masks.

Before the pandemic, the store's policy was that masks were prohibited on the premises to try and deter theft.

They kept the same sign, just changing the word "prohibited" to "mandatory".

Soon they will force you to buy an electric car.

No they won't. I doubt even my children will see such a thing, there just are not enough EVs being made for that to happen.

But yeah, I agree that Americans rejected a limited government long ago, one of the many reasons I will be leaving as soon as the wife is ready to retire.

Forum List

Back