The Face of our next President - 2012

He was on the board of directors of the National Restaurant Association???

Does he know about the Tea Party belief that a restaurant owner ought to have the right to refuse to serve HIM??

lolol

It's really tragically funny that these liberals actually believe their own lies about the Tea Party being racists. Incredible

He had delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic Convention, he had served as Senator for four years and as a State Assemblyman for eight years

CEO for a third rate Pizza chain? Not even close

Actually Barry had been a US Senator less than 2 years when he quit to start his presidential campaign. And I mean quit working as a Senator. But you all knew that.

He served in the Senate while he was running...so did John McCain

Politicians have been maintaining their elected positions while they ran for President for 200 years. Its only when Obama ran that it became an issue

Voting "present" on numerous bills does not qualify one to become a president no matter how you spin on it, leftwinger.

Actually Barry had been a US Senator less than 2 years when he quit to start his presidential campaign. And I mean quit working as a Senator. But you all knew that.

Politicians have been maintaining their elected positions while they ran for President for 200 years. Its only when Obama ran that it became an issue

Voting "present" on numerous bills does not qualify one to become a president no matter how you spin on it, leftwinger.

Rightwinger posted a few posts back that Obama NEVER voted Present on ANY bill.

Ok... lets show her to be the ignorant liar that she is...

Does he know about the Tea Party belief that a restaurant owner ought to have the right to refuse to serve HIM??

lolol

It's really tragically funny that these liberals actually believe their own lies about the Tea Party being racists. Incredible

Are you in the Tea Party?

Do you deny that Rand Paul, a bonafide tea party candidate, expressed the opinion that restaurants should have the right to serve or not serve anyone they want?

Do you deny that his position was widely defended HERE by conservatives?

Uh....excuse me....

But being a CEO is considered experience at governing.

It is experience managing but not experience governing. Knowing the ins and outs of politics within the Beltway, how bills really get passed, how to deal with the powerbrokers are all skills of governing.

CEOs understand the business world, they do not understand politics and are viewed as outsiders

In New Jersey, we elected a man named Jon Corzine who was the former CEO of Goldman Sachs. We expected miracles as an outsider with REAL business experience was going to revolutionize how we did business. That laste about three months and then the realities of NJ politics set in.

Corzine lasted one term and that was too long

That is a different issue. No experience in beltway politics is your issue and I do not necessarily disagree.....but lately I am wondering whether or not we may be better with politicians that have not been exposed to the bad habits that we now see in washington and continually accept the "thats the way it is done" excuse.

But a congressman with 30 years in the beltway does not necessarily have experience in governing..

Governing is not a political term. It is a term referring to "leading" and "having authority and dsecision making powers"....and yes, is applied to politics as it pertains to mayor, governor and President...but it is also applied to business.

As for Corzine. You said it. At the top of Goldman Sachs. Exactly what was so special about that! :eusa_whistle:

As for Corzine. You said it. At the top of Goldman Sachs. Exactly what was so special about that!
Seemed like a good idea at the time

lolol

Do you deny that Rand Paul, a bonafide tea party candidate, expressed the opinion that restaurants should have the right to serve or not serve anyone they want?

Do you deny that Obama lent some much needed estrogen to "The View"?

Please do...

But accurately reflect I said Senator Obama. Good luck in finding any Senate Bill where he voted "Present"

Do you deny that Obama lent some much needed estrogen to "The View"?

I agree that a dried up old bat like you would definitely see estrogen as a much needed commodity.

Try some.

I will challenge you also

Over 4 years in the US Senate.....find a single bill where he voted "present"

lolol

And Rangel has had tax issues exposed for years, yet he has been re-elected numerous times based on his OTHER accomplishments and ideas.

So would you say his supporters all agree that it is appropriate to break the tax laws? Or do you see it that they beleived that "despite his shortcomings, overall, he is a good candidate with excellent ideas."

Are you telling me that you agreed with everything Obama said he wanted to do when he was on the campaign trail?

And by the way, the position that was widely defended was the premise that a business owner should be allowed to make his own business decisions. If a patron walks in a restaurant and he is not appropriately dressed, he should not have to worry about turning him away and be accused of being a racist if he is black.

Get with the program.

Please do...

But accurately reflect I said Senator Obama. Good luck in finding any Senate Bill where he voted "Present"

Boston Globe:

THE SPIN: Obama portrays himself as someone voters can trust to tell the truth and skip the usual political games. Clinton and John Edwards are using his "present" votes to offer a different picture -- one of Obama ducking tough issues or refusing to support common-sense legislation.

THE FACTS: Obama acknowledges that over nearly eight years in the Illinois Senate, he voted "present" 129 times. That was out of roughly 4,000 votes he cast, so those "presents" amounted to about one of every 31 votes in his legislative career.

Well, I can't find a "Present" vote in the U.S. Senate... but I sure see a LOT of "Not Voting"

What's the diff? EIther way it seems he didn't take a stand on a lot of issues.. many of which seem to be defense related.

And Rangel has had tax issues exposed for years, yet he has been re-elected numerous times based on his OTHER accomplishments and ideas.

So would you say his supporters all agree that it is appropriate to break the tax laws? Or do you see it that they beleived that "despite his shortcomings, overall, he is a good candidate with excellent ideas."

Are you telling me that you agreed with everything Obama said he wanted to do when he was on the campaign trail?

And by the way, the position that was widely defended was the premise that a business owner should be allowed to make his own business decisions. If a patron walks in a restaurant and he is not appropriately dressed, he should not have to worry about turning him away and be accused of being a racist if he is black.

Get with the program.

Taxes are for the "little" people.... and conservatives.

Please do...

Boston Globe:

THE SPIN: Obama portrays himself as someone voters can trust to tell the truth and skip the usual political games. Clinton and John Edwards are using his "present" votes to offer a different picture -- one of Obama ducking tough issues or refusing to support common-sense legislation.

THE FACTS: Obama acknowledges that over nearly eight years in the Illinois Senate, he voted "present" 129 times. That was out of roughly 4,000 votes he cast, so those "presents" amounted to about one of every 31 votes in his legislative career.

Just as I expected you to reply. There were no instances in the US Senate where Obama voted present. In the Illinois State Legislature, you are allowed to vote "yay', "nay" or "present". Obama, like other Democratic and Republican State Senators would take advantage of the "present" vote for political reasons. 3% of the votes does not seem excessive

Please do...

Boston Globe:

Just as I expected you to reply. There were no instances in the US Senate where Obama voted present. In the Illinois State Legislature, you are allowed to vote "yay', "nay" or "present". Obama, like other Democratic and Republican State Senators would take advantage of the "present" vote for political reasons. 3% of the votes does not seem excessive

I actually followed my post up with another stating I found no instances of a "Present" vote inthe U.S. Senate.

Frankly... I find his voting Present or Not Voting right up there in signifigance with his lack of knowledge of "Snookie".

Hell, I never heard of Snookie.

Boston Globe:

I actually followed my post up with another stating I found no instances of a "Present" vote inthe U.S. Senate.

fair enough...good job researching

Forum List

Back