The Dads, Brads and Chads are Big Mad

Again, like rightwinger stated above, take Madonna. Ugh!! I couldn't stand her music, but at the time I could name a half dozen of them. And 50 years later, they are still playing her songs. Same with Michael Jackson, Tina Turner and others. EVERYONE knew there songs. You couldn't possibly escape them.
Taylor swift is damn near a God to her fans. They all think she is the best talent the world has ever known. But no one else besides them cares whatsoever about her and don't get it. Don't see that she is worthy of that fanhood at all.
I couldn't stand Madonna, Jackson etc. But I can understand why others did. They were all very talented.
Swift is marginally talented. Not that great of a voice, certainly not distinct.
She will fade away faster than she appeared on the screen the instant the next "big thing" appears.

You think MADONNA was talented but TS is not?

Did Madonna write any of her own songs?

Play guitar?

Piano?

I mean, this isn't just an opinion you have, it's a bad take. It's wrong.

To me, it is not really music.
No identifiable melody, nothing catchy, nothing memorable.
There is no “Oldies Rap” market.

To me, it is rhythmic chanting

Tell me you're old without telling me you're old. But I laughed pretty hard.

Lol ya when I was on the mound and couldn't find the strike zone it was because the fans were not rooting right. Lol I like it. No responsibility for me. The Cheifs are losing because the are not executing their plays. No other reason but poor execution.

Like so many have said: 50+ players, 10+ coaches, all men. But it's the one woman in the stands who has been their downfall.

Sometimes I really hate it here

Example........

I know nothing of her songs, but according to what I could Google - this song is supposed to be one of her top vocal songs...

Let's compare that to the singing voice of Adele:

Or Christina Aguilare:

If you're comparing her to Christine or Adele, you're right, she's not to their level. Her vocals are not her strong suit; she's not a "singer's singer". But you compared her to MADONNA who can't sing, to my knowledge plays no instruments (at least in performance) and does not write her own songs. Madonna can dance and perform; that's it. I mean...wow

You think MADONNA was talented but TS is not?

Did Madonna write any of her own songs?

Play guitar?

Piano?

I mean, this isn't just an opinion you have, it's a bad take. It's wrong.
He said Madonna sucked but had songs everyone knew.

Taylor Swift is nothing special.
Generic……VANILLA

He said Madonna sucked but had songs everyone knew.

Taylor Swift is nothing special.
Generic……VANILLA

Biggest grossing tour in the history of ever.
Time's Person of the Year.
Multiple Grammys.
Spotify's most streamed artist.
I mean, stay mad, dads, Brads and Chads.

PS the reason Madonna had songs "everyone knew" in the 80s was because of the coherence of the culture then, unsplintered by streaming, Sirius, etc. People listened to FM radio. Everyone knew ALL the Top 40 then. It meant something.

Multiple Grammys.

PS the reason Madonna had songs "everyone knew" in the 80s was because of the coherence of the culture then, unsplintered by streaming, Sirius, etc. People listened to FM radio. Everyone knew ALL the Top 40 then. It meant something.

Yeah, because people don't understand quality any longer. Most people, unless they listen to oldies radio stations, never hear real musicians playing real instruments.

Yes, her show grossed a huge amount, that is thanks to inflation and the fact our dollar is nearly worthless now.

The Thriller tour grossed more in terms of real money. And yes, Madonna does write her own songs. I don't like her music, but she did write some major hits.

Last edited:
Multiple Grammys.

Popular doesn’t mean good

Taylor is immensely popular but not especially talented or unique.

Like so many have said: 50+ players, 10+ coaches, all men. But it's the one woman in the stands who has been their downfall.

Sometimes I really hate it here
Yes, same here. I am not exactly her market segment. Can not claim to know much about her music but there must be something to it to have gotten all the support she has. I can flat guarantee she has nothing to do with what happens on the football field. She is an attractive young lady. They say she has great stamina with the number of songs that she performs and dances to in her show. They also say she has very good business sense. She seems to have a positive influence on her fans. Not that I am an expert on pop culture. I kinda lost track of the whole pop culture thing back in the early 90s. Work and kids took up all my time by then.

Popular doesn’t mean good

Taylor is immensely popular but not especially talented or unique.

Bunch of crotchety curmudgeons on this board spouting off on what they have long lost touch with. There, I said it.

I mean. I guess next you're gonna tell me Billie Eilish isn't talented either. She also writes songs and plays instruments and sings

Yes, same here. I am not exactly her market segment. Can not claim to know much about her music but there must be something to it to have gotten all the support she has. I can flat guarantee she has nothing to do with what happens on the football field. She is an attractive young lady. They say she has great stamina with the number of songs that she performs and dances to in her show. They also say she has very good business sense. She seems to have a positive influence on her fans. Not that I am an expert on pop culture. I kinda lost track of the whole pop culture thing back in the early 90s. Work and kids took up all my time by then.

What I admire about Taylor Swift is she has avoided becoming a Diva
She seems very down to earth and is very good to her fans

I mean. I guess next you're gonna tell me Billie Eilish isn't talented either. She also writes songs and plays instruments and sings

I like Billie Eilish and yes she is very talented.
Taylor Swift reminds me of Loretta Lynn. Writes her own songs and plays guitar on stage

Honest to goodness. You all would have hated Beethoven too lol

The music of today is all sampled. They play it until it sorta sounds OK, and then use a computer to repeat it ad infinitum.

There are so few real musicians in pop music that it is sad. It is sound engineers working their magic.

That's it.

Gerry Rafferty had more talent in his little finger than any of these pop stars today.

Taylor Swift, unrecognized by so many males, captures the heart and thrust and beat of the feminine romantic.

She celebrates being female and being able to love.

She is intimately, intrinsically connected emotionally to every woman who hears her songs.

Guys, underrate her at your own peril.

This goes for Trump as well.

The music of today is all sampled. They play it until it sorta sounds OK, and then use a computer to repeat it ad infinitum.

There are so few real musicians in pop music that it is sad. It is sound engineers working their magic.

That's it.

Gerry Rafferty had more talent in his little finger than any of these pop stars today.

Have you ever played with production software?

Honest to goodness. You all would have hated Beethoven too lol
Now you are comparing her to Beethoven?
Swift has a following that is almost a cult, her fans practically worship her and thinks she is the entertainer of the century.
But outside of those adoring fans - she is a ghost.
No one else likes her besides her devoted followers. That is not true for M. Jackson, Madonna and a long list of others. Their music carried beyond their fans. Swifts - does not.
And she is not pulling in GenZ's. Her clock is ticking.

And no one is trying to knock your favorite performer... just being real.

This is something else to watch.

Taylor Swift the Musician/Performer: a great songwriter. TS has bad songs (some are really bad), mediocre songs, good songs, great songs, and pop masterpieces. This is what you might expect from someone who has written and recorded songs from like early-teen years to her mid-thirties. She is prolific. She writes a LOT of songs.

Taylor Swift the Woman: is a real eye-opener, not so much in what she does, but in the way people react to her. Now it's HER fault the Chiefs are floundering. The Chiefs are losing now because 1. she is woke 2. her bf advertises for Pfizer and 3. "go woke, go broke".

This is crazy stuff, man. The woman is a billionaire, has the most successful tour in the history of ever, etc. You don't have to love her music or her lifestyle, but the weird way TOO MANY people see white women is just projected all over her and it's creepy at best.
Because the cult got a small whiff that Taylor doesn't approve of them.

It was all over at that point.

Forum List

Back