The Dads, Brads and Chads are Big Mad

No one thinks that kid is trying to pass himself off as a NA chief in the way Warren actually benefitted from lying about her heritage. In the same way, if there was a team called the "soldiers" and people dressed up like that, ok. Again it's when you pass yourself off as that for personal gain OR use the images for pure mockery that problems begin, IMHO
We will have to agree to disagree. I and a lot of my Native friends find it highly insulting.

Lotta older people really out of touch in this thread. Sorry, there it is. Just way, way out of touch.

Yea…..and after 50 years, I still don’t understand why Rap/Hip-hop are still popular.

I can understand why Taylor Swift is popular, but I don’t see anything in her songs or performances that are one of a kind. I have seen similar acts for 60 years and hers does not particularly stand out.

Yea…..and after 50 years, I still don’t understand why Rap/Hip-hop are still popular.

I can understand why Taylor Swift is popular, but I don’t see anything in her songs or performances that are one of a kind. I have seen similar acts for 60 years and hers does not particularly stand out.

90s hip hop was a revelation in music. So good. So, so good

LOL....I remember a few years back where men accused other men of having a pedo streak because they said she has the body of a 12-year old boy. :laughing0301:

I'm not a feminist, as you know, and not a Leftist/liberal. But man, the woman-haters come out in force for her. She's too tall, too skinny, too fat, too old, not old enough. Too blonde, too stupid, too rich, not a good voice, too bossy, too nice.

It's really disgusting to read, tbh. This is what TS calls them: dads, brads and chads. I love that for her.

I do not care for country music and don't follow it. Does that mean that because it's not MY thing, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Luke Combs, Carrie Underwood, etc are not that big of stars outside their genre?

Have ANY of them done what TS has done, btw? Over 17 years? Put on show after show with 70k+ people?

What a funny thread, wow
Again, like rightwinger stated above, take Madonna. Ugh!! I couldn't stand her music, but at the time I could name a half dozen of them. And 50 years later, they are still playing her songs. Same with Michael Jackson, Tina Turner and others. EVERYONE knew there songs. You couldn't possibly escape them.
Taylor swift is damn near a God to her fans. They all think she is the best talent the world has ever known. But no one else besides them cares whatsoever about her and don't get it. Don't see that she is worthy of that fanhood at all.
I couldn't stand Madonna, Jackson etc. But I can understand why others did. They were all very talented.
Swift is marginally talented. Not that great of a voice, certainly not distinct.
She will fade away faster than she appeared on the screen the instant the next "big thing" appears.

That's the beauty of music. There is something for everyone. I just started listening to Taylor. I'm not a fan of the pop music genre, but I do find her music somewhat relaxing not to mention she's not difficult to look at.

Sure, I think the common thread is:

bad medicine
Lol ya when I was on the mound and couldn't find the strike zone it was because the fans were not rooting right. Lol I like it. No responsibility for me. The Cheifs are losing because the are not executing their plays. No other reason but poor execution.

This is something else to watch.

Taylor Swift the Musician/Performer: a great songwriter. TS has bad songs (some are really bad), mediocre songs, good songs, great songs, and pop masterpieces. This is what you might expect from someone who has written and recorded songs from like early-teen years to her mid-thirties. She is prolific. She writes a LOT of songs.

Taylor Swift the Woman: is a real eye-opener, not so much in what she does, but in the way people react to her. Now it's HER fault the Chiefs are floundering. The Chiefs are losing now because 1. she is woke 2. her bf advertises for Pfizer and 3. "go woke, go broke".

This is crazy stuff, man. The woman is a billionaire, has the most successful tour in the history of ever, etc. You don't have to love her music or her lifestyle, but the weird way TOO MANY people see white women is just projected all over her and it's creepy at best.
Much ado about nothing.

Example........

I know nothing of her songs, but according to what I could Google - this song is supposed to be one of her top vocal songs...

Let's compare that to the singing voice of Adele:

Or Christina Aguilare:

Example........

I know nothing of her songs, but according to what I could Google - this song is supposed to be one of her top vocal songs...

Let's compare that to the singing voice of Adele:

Or Christina Aguilare:

All three are talented. The rest is personal preference. I personally like Taylor more than the other two. Possibly because its new to me.

Calling me a fake injun 24/7 is the absence of facts.

You admitted in a prior post that you "identify" as native American. That means you ain't real.

Unlike you, as a kid, I actually lived on a Res.

Think whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.
Clearly it does because you whine about it all of the time.

Let me guess, your "tribe" doesn't have a reservation, does it.

Forum List

Back