The Case Against Obama

Lying is why your party is dying

Get it through your head.
Both parties are lying and are all about being in power.
Neither party cares about us the people, just who is in power and who controls us.

just because you hate the system our founders left us doent mean I will join you

I love the system our founders left us, a Republic.
A system that is small Federal Government with the states in control.
I love our Constitution.

"I love the system our founders left us, a Republic.
A system that is small Federal Government with the states in control.
I love our Constitution."

The fact that things are the way they are today is testimony to just how far selfishness can go to destroy something beautiful.
As with religions in general and Christianity in particular; great ideas, corrupt application.

The federal government didn't build infrastructure.... 90% of it already existed and was built by communities using communal funds and communal labor..

The federal government can take zero credit for any of our municipal infrastructure...

The federal government should stick to its job - defending us from foreign threats... Once the federal government starts sticking their dick in the mix all of a sudden we start to have problems both socially and economically...

Is that why they are called US Highways, Interstate Highways, State Highways and County roads? Because governments didn't build them? A lot of these were either totally or partially funded by federal or local governments.:D

A Historical Perspective on American Roads

Just over a century ago, steamships, canals, railroads, and the telegraph were up and running. They were the technological marvels of the 19th century-- setting the stage for the 20th century. Yet the invention that would spark a revolution in transportation was a simple two-wheeler. The bicycle. Its popularity in the 1880s and 1890s spurred interest in the nation's roads.

On October 3, 1893, General Roy Stone, a Civil War hero and good roads advocate, was appointed Special Agent in charge of the new Office of Road Inquiry (ORI) within the Department of Agriculture. With a budget of $10,000, ORI promoted new rural road development to serve the wagons, coaches, and bicycles on America's dirt roads.

In 1908, Henry Ford introduced his low-priced, highly efficient Model T. Its widespread popularity created pressure for the federal government to become more directly involved in road development. With rural interests adding to the battle cry of "Get the farmers out of the mud!" Congress passed the Federal- Aid Road Act of 1916. It created the Federal-Aid Highway Program under which funds were made available on a continuous basis to state highway agencies to assist in road improvements. But before the program could get off the ground, the United States entered World War I.

The federal government can take zero credit for any of our municipal infrastructure...

Let me guess: your town participates in the Community Development Block Grant program.

amiright?

That's called welfare..........

You ever seen a housing project????

Another project supported by progressives that failed..

CDBG is not welfare, and I guarantee your town participates either directly or indirectly.

Oh, and it doesn't build low income housing projects.

You get more wrong every time you post.

The government is run like Amtrak sells hamburgers.

With the cost of product, infrastructure, salaries and benefits the cost to produce one hamburger sold by Amtrak is $16.00. They can't sell a hamburger, especially one that's not very good, for $16.00. They sell it for $10.00 losing $6.00 on every burger which is subsidized by the taxpayer.

McDonalds can sell a better burger for $1.00, make a profit, and have people waiting in line to get one.

Amtrak: Losing Money on the $10 Hamburger | Via Meadia

As ridiculous as it is to have government subsidized hamburgers for Amtrak, it is even more senseless to subsidize really money eaters like the Chevy Volt. Each Volt costs $250,000 to make but it's sold for around $40,000. The balance of $210,000 is paid for by the government who will then give a $7,500 tax credit to someone who buys a Volt. obama wants to raise it to $10,000 bringing government subsidy up to $220,000.

Meanwhile, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia and Huyndai are making a profit.

How long can these kinds of destructive policies be continued?
GM’s Chevy Volt Costs Taxpayers $250,000 Per Vehicle | MyGovCost | Government Cost Calculator

Obama has a philosophy but it doesn't even work on paper or in practice....

Obama has some fucked up reasoning that money is fluid... That if $250,000 dollars is pumped onto the economy that $250,000 dollars will be shit at the other end. That's not the way it works.... It's amazing how some of us can realize this yet he can't - and he's the fucking President???

Our economy is really based on free market value for the product or the individual.... Obama apparently subscribes to the idea of a dictated economy.....

Oh and only an idiot would pay 10 bucks for a burger on a choo choo. I just made 8 or 9 burger patties (added ingredients included) for like 12 bucks.... They're fantastic to boot, but I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for one - that is just crazy - let alone 16 bucks..

Forum List

Back