The breakup of the United Kingdom???

With yesterday's historic vote for England to leave the EU, many repercussions will inevitably follow and not many of them in the "positive" column.

Currently the UK comprises 4 countries, and there are strong tendencies from countries such as Scotland and Northern Ireland to ALSO leave the tenuous compact to remain within the UK; this, coupled with the industrial sectors within England wanting to remain within the EU, will spell very hard economic times for the UK's future.

There is little doubt that the ripple effect of our wars in the middle east regions has taken its toll on the issue of immigration from those war-torn countries to Europe.....Britain has chosen to close its borders to such immigration, and yesterday's vote to separate itself from the EU will prove to be an economic and social downturn for that country.

We are indeed living in interesting times.

Or it can turn into an upturn if they're going to secure their borders better and start punting a lot of their islamic zealots out of the country.

IOW, let them cope better with GW Bush's destabilization of the Middle East?

Because everything bad has to be America's fault, in the world view of the BLame American First crowd.

Then amend the constitution to reflect those realities, don't use Judges to re-write it.

Of course, THAT would be ideal....But it will NEVER happen as long as we don't have term limits and basically whores to the lobbying pimps in DC.....Ergo, the only alternative is the fairly [still] independent courts.

Far leftism is getting rejected all over the world, you far left drones need to accept it..
Leftism? You fool, Scotland will most likely be voting to leave the UK for the EU, and N. Ireland has a good chance of being assimilated by Sein Fein. Leftism won this one fair and square. Whether or not that's good thing remains to be seen.

The EU is the Leftist model. Faceless, unaccountable bureaucrats ruling against the Will of the People.

This was a huge defeat for leftism.
Whatever, but the Scots and Irish independent movements are hardly the left. Typically, you must attempt to force your own ideological agenda onto anything, no matter how much they differ.

I made no comment on the Scott and Irish independent movement.

My comment was about the EU, and how it is THE LEFTY MODEL.

And the UK leaving will be a huge defeat for the Left.

The conservative Cameron is the one resigning.

ONe politician is nothing compared to a nation leaving the EU.

Keep in mind that in principle the UK leaving the European Union is comparable to, say, Texas leaving the US.

Not really.

The UK is a sovereign nation. Texas is not. Texas does not have its own currency, its own foreign service, its own head of state, etc.

Uh, dumbass, Texas was a sovereign nation before it agreed to join our UNION. As were all of the original sovereign states at the time of the Revolution.

Most power under the U.S. Constitution, rests with the states. That's the model. It's the progressive retards that have slowly moved to an all empowered central authority. That is precisely what the Founders sought to avoid. But then, history seems to have never been your strong suit.

Its interesting that right wingers on here have all become "Constitutional scholars"......The reality may well be that the country envisioned by the Founders in the 18th century has little to do with the economic and social environment of the 21st century, both here and abroad.

Then amend the constitution to reflect those realities, don't use Judges to re-write it.

Why don't YOU amend the Constitution to take the power of judicial review away from the Court?

What we are seeing now is not judicial review, it is judicial legislating.

I would make some comment about you not seeing it, but that would be a lie. OF COURSE you see it, you just notice that most of the re-writes suit you, so you allow the process to be subjugated in the interest of your own expediency.

Most power under the U.S. Constitution, rests with the states. That's the model. It's the progressive retards that have slowly moved to an all empowered central authority. That is precisely what the Founders sought to avoid. But then, history seems to have never been your strong suit.

Its interesting that right wingers on here have all become "Constitutional scholars"......The reality may well be that the country envisioned by the Founders in the 18th century has little to do with the economic and social environment of the 21st century, both here and abroad.

Nah, some things are pretty basic.

Leftism? You fool, Scotland will most likely be voting to leave the UK for the EU, and N. Ireland has a good chance of being assimilated by Sein Fein. Leftism won this one fair and square. Whether or not that's good thing remains to be seen.

The EU is the Leftist model. Faceless, unaccountable bureaucrats ruling against the Will of the People.

Whatever, but the Scots and Irish independent movements are hardly the left. Typically, you must attempt to force your own ideological agenda onto anything, no matter how much they differ.

Then why are you nuts trying to blame this on Obama?

THe only information in that post was that you disagree with the choice of your political enemies.

Big deal

Nah, not really.....I voted republican several times in my long-voting life....But you morons have given us Bush, Romney and Trump.......and sanity should overrule any partisanship.

So, twenty years?

Hard to believe you became such a lefty partisan in such a short time, but, whatever.

Of course, THAT would be ideal....But it will NEVER happen as long as we don't have term limits and basically whores to the lobbying pimps in DC.....Ergo, the only alternative is the fairly [still] independent courts.

So basically because getting the changes you want is "hard", you have to circumvent the document using judges that agree with your politics?

Yeah, GREAT idea.

Keep in mind that in principle the UK leaving the European Union is comparable to, say, Texas leaving the US.

Not really.

The UK is a sovereign nation. Texas is not. Texas does not have its own currency, its own foreign service, its own head of state, etc.

Uh, dumbass, Texas was a sovereign nation before it agreed to join our UNION. As were all of the original sovereign states at the time of the Revolution.

The EU is a market based entity, not a nation. Good grief.

Currently the UK comprises 4 countries, and there are strong tendencies from countries such as Scotland and Northern Ireland to ALSO leave the tenuous compact to remain within the UK; this, coupled with the industrial sectors within England wanting to remain within the EU, will spell very hard economic times for the UK's future.

:eusa_naughty:

It is better within leaves EU for the British. The economic will grow faster next six year.

I'm not doing that. Who is doing that?

Why don't YOU amend the Constitution to take the power of judicial review away from the Court?

What we are seeing now is not judicial review, it is judicial legislating.

I would make some comment about you not seeing it, but that would be a lie. OF COURSE you see it, you just notice that most of the re-writes suit you, so you allow the process to be subjugated in the interest of your own expediency.

No. You just don't like a judiciary that doesn't make the decisions you would prefer. That's a partisan objection, not an objection on principle.

So you want to go on record saying that your RW pals around here who are mocking this as a defeat for Obama are full of shit?

Proceed...

Not really.

That's irrelevant to your argument.

The UK is a sovereign country within a supranational economic and political structure created by treaties. Texas is a state within a sovereign nation. American states are not countries.

Your analogy fails.

So you want to go on record saying that your RW pals around here who are mocking this as a defeat for Obama are full of shit?

Proceed...
Obama stuck his Dictator nose into the UKs Brexit debate where it did not belong and now we see it got cut, yet again.

Obama is not the fabulous wonderful Mind that the US media morons seem to think he is. His intervention probably cost the Remain vote a percent or two of the vote there.

Proceed...

IT being his fault and it being a defeat for him are two distinct concepts.

This is an decision made by UK citizens for their nation.

BUT in doing that they have served up a stinging defeat for the type of Anti-nationalism the the Left has embraced, including Obama and HIllary.

Forum List

Back