The best explanation for the Tuscon shooting.

Crazy?"

Yeah no doubt.

Politically crazy, too.

Hence his choice of victim.

Would that mean the fort hood shooter was a muslim terrorist hense his choice of victims?

Beats me.

Don't know much about that tragic affair.

Sure ok understood. You can make a comment to a crime in which you know nothing about and make a claim but you can't make a comment about a crime in which you know nothing about. Thanks for clearing that up.

The effect of liberalism on a sick mind
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGojJ5tKX-4&feature=sub[/ame]

Last edited:

This poor fellow had serious mental problems

If he had worn his "tin-foil" hat then all those "evil" brain waves coming from Palin, Beck and Limbaugh would not have affected him

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3140-hats.jpg

If he had worn his "tin-foil" hat then all those "evil" brain waves coming from Palin, Beck and Limbaugh would not have affected him

Maybe we should rethink how liberalism will push people over the edge and cause them to start shooting people.

Yes indeed!

We need more "tin-foil" hat control NOW!

We need to pass "more laws" requiring Liberals to wear their "tin-foil" hats at all times
:eusa_whistle:

Maybe we should rethink how liberalism will push people over the edge and cause them to start shooting people.

Yes indeed!

We need more "tin-foil" hat control NOW!

We need to pass "more laws" requiring Liberals to wear their "tin-foil" hats at all times

Yep

Sooo...you're not going to try to prove Laughner saw any hateful rightwing rhetoric. Got it.

Yes. He lived in a vacuum tube. Suddenly..it burst. And the first thing that came to his mind was to randomly kill a Democratic Representative he never ever saw before because he was never exposed to politics.

Case solved! Remarkable.

How do you do it Holmes?

And a Republican Federal Judge (who actually DID die) AND a little girl..AND random others.

You were saying, moron?

Sooo...you're not going to try to prove Laughner saw any hateful rightwing rhetoric. Got it.

Yes. He lived in a vacuum tube. Suddenly..it burst. And the first thing that came to his mind was to randomly kill a Democratic Representative he never ever saw before because he was never exposed to politics.

Case solved! Remarkable.

How do you do it Holmes?

wrong he knew her bucko. He knew her in 2007

Funny how the Republicans always say, "But some Democrat did it first". They sink lower and lower because "someone else did it first". Of course, they have no ideas themselves, because "someone else did it first".
...says the useful idiot who never had an opinion that wasn't handed to him.

Funny how the Democrats can't seem to understand...

"It's the hypocrisy stupid"

I really don't believe Papa Obama, Palin, or anyone else for that matter is liable here, except for the crazy killer.

But, if the Left and the MSM insists on pushing their flawed logic then it is only correct to point it out to them.

Really, when you think about it

Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than Talk Radio

The left doesn't understand a great deal -- like how they really can't define reality.

i just love it when morons squeal like a stuck pig fom a neg rep
LOL
but then claim reps mean nothing to them
Well, that's what flaming hypocrisy does to a guy. :lol:

Wow. That hurts coming from someone who slams the government, yet is 100% dependent on that same government to take care of all of his needs. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, goody. One more braindead leftist who thinks...well, that's certainly the wrong word, isn't it?...who feels that the benefits earned by military service in support of Constitutional mandates is the EXACT SAME THING as giving free money to crack whores or union members (pardon the redundancy).

I guess we could apply the same reasoning to Lee Harvey Oswald and John Wilkes Booth and arrive at the same conclusion as you did?

If she was involved in a love triangle or illegal scheme with that nutcase then I would agree that you have a point. But absent that the only thing left is it's politically motivated.

Yes, because politicians aren't public figures and quasi-celebrities who might be subject to lunatic stalkers, or anything. Never mind that even ordinary people can be stalker victims. We all know that NOTHING bad ever happens to politicians that isn't politically motivated.

If her house had been robbed, you'd be telling us THAT was politically motivated, too.

No....but she wasn't robbed.

When you are talking about an assasination attempt (which is what it was) it is almost always about their beliefs. There may be an occasional one who will do it to be famous (Mark Chapman, John Hinkley come to mind) but they are few.

As for your comparison between the shooter and other assasins I would reply that ALL assasins are crazy. :cuckoo:

Bottom line? He's alive so let's just see what he says.
And so far, every single thing he's written has shown no link to right-wing rhetoric.

But you keep insisting it MUST be there. Your lack of imagination will allow you to do nothing else.

You know what I find amusing Neotrotsky?

How often people on the right start complaining about what the left thinks even before the left says anything.

By your standards I assume I must look like a leftie.

But it really never occurred to me (or anybody I know with similar political; views) that Shara was directly responsible for this event.

And I also don't see much evidence to support that theory coming from people on this board who are also leaning left, either.

OTOH I see plenty of right wingers telling us that what they think we think is wrong.

If those people were capable of knowing what we think?

They wouldn't be right wingers.
You haven't seen people blaming right-wing rhetoric for the shooting?

You haven't been paying attention.

How often people on the right start complaining about what the left thinks even before the left says anything.

But it really never occurred to me (or anybody I know with similar political; views) that Shara was directly responsible for this event.

And I also don't see much evidence to support that theory coming from people on this board who are also leaning left, either.

OTOH I see plenty of right wingers telling us that what they think we think is wrong.

They have been doing it for the past two years. Why do liberals forget certain things? But cannot let go of blaming bush?

Well, that's what flaming hypocrisy does to a guy. :lol:

Wow. That hurts coming from someone who slams the government, yet is 100% dependent on that same government to take care of all of his needs. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, goody. One more braindead leftist who thinks...well, that's certainly the wrong word, isn't it?...who feels that the benefits earned by military service in support of Constitutional mandates is the EXACT SAME THING as giving free money to crack whores or union members (pardon the redundancy).

You just can't see the hypocrisy of slamming the government that provides all of your support and medical care (with MY money) that you will live off of the rest of your life, do you?

You're welcome.

Last edited:
I guess we could apply the same reasoning to Lee Harvey Oswald and John Wilkes Booth and arrive at the same conclusion as you did?

If she was involved in a love triangle or illegal scheme with that nutcase then I would agree that you have a point. But absent that the only thing left is it's politically motivated.

Yes, because politicians aren't public figures and quasi-celebrities who might be subject to lunatic stalkers, or anything. Never mind that even ordinary people can be stalker victims. We all know that NOTHING bad ever happens to politicians that isn't politically motivated.

If her house had been robbed, you'd be telling us THAT was politically motivated, too.

When you are talking about an assasination attempt (which is what it was) it is almost always about their beliefs. There may be an occasional one who will do it to be famous (Mark Chapman, John Hinkley come to mind) but they are few.

As for your comparison between the shooter and other assasins I would reply that ALL assasins are crazy. :cuckoo:

We've already heard what he had to say, and it was insane. I don't think you can lump him and people like him into "about their beliefs" when the beliefs in question are utterly random and insane.

As for "almost always", try again. Let's review some assassinations and attempted assassinations in America, shall we?

Charles Guiteau - considered insane by everyone who knew him. Believed himself responsible for Garfield's election to the Presidency, and assassinated him because he thought Garfield was "ungrateful" because he wouldn't appoint him ambassador to France.

Richard Lawrence - tried to assassinate Andrew Jackson and was actually found not guilty by reason of insanity and confined to a mental institution.

John F. Schrank - tried to assassinate Theodore Roosevelt because, he said, President McKinley's ghost told him to do it. Was found not guilty by reason of insanity and and institutionalized.

Guiseppe Zangara - tried to assassinate Franklin D. Roosevelt and managed to kill the mayor of Chicago and shot four other people besides. His reason? He believed the President was causing his physical ailments supernaturally.

Richard Paul Pavlick - plotted to assassinate JFK in a suicide bombing, but backed off in his attempt because Kennedy's wife and child were with him. While he DID have problems with Kennedy's actual politics, he seems to have objected even more Kennedy being Catholic. He spent the rest of his life in and out of mental institutions, which is why I include him.

Samuel Joseph Byck - tried to hijack a plane to fly into the White House in an attempt to kill Richard Nixon. His reason? He blamed Nixon for being turned down for a business loan by the Small Business Administration. He suffered from severe depression and had spent time in a psychiatric ward.

Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme and Sarah Jane Moore - both tried to assassinate Gerald Ford within days of each other, and both members of the Manson family. 'Nuff said.

John Hinckley Jr. - tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in order to impress a girl. Confined to a mental institution.

Frank Eugene Corder - tried to fly a Cessna into the White House to kill Bill Clinton, but friends say he had no problems with Clinton that they were aware of. Since Corder died in the attempt, no one knows for sure what his motive was, but those who knew him are convinced he wanted the attention.

And that's just the Presidents killed or attacked by crazy people or at least for reasons other than their political positions. This doesn't even count the ones who did it for political reasons such as wanting to bring down the government just in general, which has nothing to do with the personal political positions of the target.

Completely aside from the probability that ANYONE who resorts to assassination is probably not the cover model for Sanity Fair, it is obvious that, far from being rare, true insanity as a motive for attacks on politicians is quite common.

We've already heard what he had to say, and it was insane. I don't think you can lump him and people like him into "about their beliefs" when the beliefs in question are utterly random and insane.

As for "almost always", try again. Let's review some assassinations and attempted assassinations in America, shall we?

Charles Guiteau - considered insane by everyone who knew him. Believed himself responsible for Garfield's election to the Presidency, and assassinated him because he thought Garfield was "ungrateful" because he wouldn't appoint him ambassador to France.

Richard Lawrence - tried to assassinate Andrew Jackson and was actually found not guilty by reason of insanity and confined to a mental institution.

John F. Schrank - tried to assassinate Theodore Roosevelt because, he said, President McKinley's ghost told him to do it. Was found not guilty by reason of insanity and and institutionalized.

Guiseppe Zangara - tried to assassinate Franklin D. Roosevelt and managed to kill the mayor of Chicago and shot four other people besides. His reason? He believed the President was causing his physical ailments supernaturally.

Richard Paul Pavlick - plotted to assassinate JFK in a suicide bombing, but backed off in his attempt because Kennedy's wife and child were with him. While he DID have problems with Kennedy's actual politics, he seems to have objected even more Kennedy being Catholic. He spent the rest of his life in and out of mental institutions, which is why I include him.

Samuel Joseph Byck - tried to hijack a plane to fly into the White House in an attempt to kill Richard Nixon. His reason? He blamed Nixon for being turned down for a business loan by the Small Business Administration. He suffered from severe depression and had spent time in a psychiatric ward.

Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme and Sarah Jane Moore - both tried to assassinate Gerald Ford within days of each other, and both members of the Manson family. 'Nuff said.

John Hinckley Jr. - tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in order to impress a girl. Confined to a mental institution.

Frank Eugene Corder - tried to fly a Cessna into the White House to kill Bill Clinton, but friends say he had no problems with Clinton that they were aware of. Since Corder died in the attempt, no one knows for sure what his motive was, but those who knew him are convinced he wanted the attention.

And that's just the Presidents killed or attacked by crazy people or at least for reasons other than their political positions. This doesn't even count the ones who did it for political reasons such as wanting to bring down the government just in general, which has nothing to do with the personal political positions of the target.

Completely aside from the probability that ANYONE who resorts to assassination is probably not the cover model for Sanity Fair, it is obvious that, far from being rare, true insanity as a motive for attacks on politicians is quite common.

Exactly!! Thanks for making my aforementioned point that again, IMO, ALL assasins are crazy. :cuckoo:

They have been doing it for the past two years. Why do liberals forget certain things? But cannot let go of blaming bush?
Because reality and leftism are not compatible. So...reality has to go.

You just can't see the hypocrisy of slamming the government that provides all of your support and medical care (with MY money) that you will live off of the rest of your life, do you?

You're welcome.
That's the contract the military and I signed. You think the contract should just be tossed out because you're butthurt?

Oh, and I will not get free healthcare. I'll have to pay premiums. Idiot.

Exactly!! Thanks for making my aforementioned point that again, IMO, ALL assasins are crazy. :cuckoo:

No, they aren't. Sometimes, they're evil. Just because someone's mental processes aren't what we would define as "normal" doesn't make them certifiable.

And by the way, your actual point - which has been debunked and which you are now desperately trying to deflect from - was that all political assassinations are about the target's politics. Manifestly, this is not true. Thank you for admitting you were wrong by cravenly trying to ignore it.

Forum List

Back