The best explanation for the Tuscon shooting.

Exactly!! Thanks for making my aforementioned point that again, IMO, ALL assassins are crazy. :cuckoo:

Does the "all assassins are crazy" meant to apply to politically motivated murders in ALL political systems?

For instance, would one consider the members of the conspiracy that attempted to assassinate Hitler crazy? Not only did they fail, but they were caught and executed.

Exactly!! Thanks for making my aforementioned point that again, IMO, ALL assassins are crazy. :cuckoo:

Does the "all assassins are crazy" meant to apply to politically motivated murders in ALL political systems?

For instance, would one consider the members of the conspiracy that attempted to assassinate Hitler crazy? Not only did they fail, but they were caught and executed.
"crazy" is a variable term
i do think this guy was nutty as a fruitcake
however, that does not mean he didnt know what he was doing was wrong as he even apologized for it BEFORE he did it and posted a "goodbye" message on his myspace page
knowing right from wrong is a key point in the legal definition for the insanity defense

however, that does not mean he didnt know what he was doing was wrong as he even apologized for it BEFORE he did it and posted a "goodbye" message on his myspace page
knowing right from wrong is a key point in the legal definition for the insanity defense

Agreed.

Oh, goody. One more braindead leftist who thinks...well, that's certainly the wrong word, isn't it?...who feels that the benefits earned by military service in support of Constitutional mandates is the EXACT SAME THING as giving free money to crack whores or union members (pardon the redundancy).

You just can't see the hypocrisy of slamming the government that provides all of your support and medical care (with MY money) that you will live off of the rest of your life, do you?

You're welcome.
That's the contract the military and I signed. You think the contract should just be tossed out because you're butthurt?

Oh, and I will not get free healthcare. I'll have to pay premiums. Idiot.

Did I say that you don't have to pay (government subsidized) premiums or is that just ANOTHER lie you made up and got caught at AGAIN? (I'm asking you now to show me where I said that or admit you made it up.)

You sure enjoy slamming Union members in the private sector for working under signed contracts but it's just peachy when you do it with public (MY) money. And averaging nearly 50 posts per day I wonder if I'm paying your salary while you're wasting time posting in these internet forums too. I sure as hell ain't paying for that!!

Just keep in mind that nearly every penny you earn, save and spend on anything now and for the rest of your life comes out of my pocket.

Now does that mean I am not grateful for the service that the military provides? No, not at all. Both my son-in-law and his father (retired) are career A/F. My daughter and grandchildren live off base in Omaha and he just got home from Afghanistan. That's why I have insight on this issue. But neither of them show the same contempt that you do for the government they work for or the people they protect while living off their money. That makes you a hypocrite in my book.

Maybe we should start a thread on waste in military spending. I'd love to know your views on that.

You just can't see the hypocrisy of slamming the government that provides all of your support and medical care (with MY money) that you will live off of the rest of your life, do you?

You're welcome.
That's the contract the military and I signed. You think the contract should just be tossed out because you're butthurt?

Oh, and I will not get free healthcare. I'll have to pay premiums. Idiot.

Did I say that you don't have to pay (government subsidized) premiums or is that just ANOTHER lie you made up and got caught at AGAIN? (I'm asking you now to show me where I said that or admit you made it up.)
A lie? Man, you sure do enjoy slinging that around. Perhaps you need to look at the definition. Hint: It DOESN'T mean "anything a leftist doesn't like".
You sure enjoy slamming Union members in the private sector for working under signed contracts but it's just peachy when you do it with public (MY) money. And averaging nearly 50 posts per day I wonder if I'm paying your salary while you're wasting time posting in these internet forums too. I sure as hell ain't paying for that!!
I know you're desperate to silence dissent, but I don't post from work. I don't have time. I'm too busy working. PM Dis and ask her what my IP shows up as. It'll be a commercial IP, not a military one. Go ahead.
Just keep in mind that nearly every penny you earn, save and spend on anything now and for the rest of your life comes out of my pocket.
And I want you to keep in mind I earned it. The government you worship says so.
Now does that mean I am not grateful for the service that the military provides? No, not at all. Both my son-in-law and his father (retired) are career A/F. My daughter and grandchildren live off base in Omaha and he just got home from Afghanistan.
Please thank them for their service for me.
That's why I have insight on this issue. But neither of them show the same contempt that you do for the government they work for or the people they protect while living off their money. That makes you a hypocrite in my book.
Good Gaea, you're a whiner. Some of you leftists want loyalty oaths to Obama, but I'm not interested.
Maybe we should start a thread on waste in military spending. I'd love to know your views on that.
Start a thread.

Who said anything about the "legal definition"? I'm not this asshole's defense lawyer. I'm talking motivation, not plea bargaining. By the "should have been locked up and dosed with serious meds" definition of crazy, he was crazy. In terms of finding a clear, explainable motive that the average rational person can make sense of, it's just not going to happen.

And by the way, to the OP and anyone else who's having trouble with it, my city's name is Tucson, not "Tuscon". Tuscon is a gaming/comic book convention.

And by the way, to the OP and anyone else who's having trouble with it, my city's name is Tucson, not "Tuscon". Tuscon is a gaming/comic book convention.

I would have thought some Haavaaad liberal would have corrected me on that on page 1 .......

Who said anything about the "legal definition"? I'm not this asshole's defense lawyer. I'm talking motivation, not plea bargaining. By the "should have been locked up and dosed with serious meds" definition of crazy, he was crazy. In terms of finding a clear, explainable motive that the average rational person can make sense of, it's just not going to happen.
i guess you hadn't seen the posts of those on the left accusing us of helping his "insanity defense"
;)

i guess you hadn't seen the posts of those on the left accusing us of helping his "insanity defense"
;)

I try hard not to internalize anything that liberals say. And I don't frankly care if his sorry ass goes to prison or a mental institution, or even to death row, so long as it goes. The facts are the facts, and the facts are thus:

1) He's seriously mentally unstable.
2) Because of his mental instability, he had little to no grasp on reality, and the politics that exist therein.
3) His actions were a result of his mental instability, and not of any reality-based political motivations.

Now, if the lawyers want to haggle over whether or not he still knew his actions were wrong, irregardless of his instability, and should have restrained himself from taking them, they're welcome to it.

daveman.....A lie? Man, you sure do enjoy slinging that around. Perhaps you need to look at the definition. Hint: It DOESN'T mean "anything a leftist doesn't like".

Translated: I can't back it up so it is indeed a lie.

daveman.....I know you're desperate to silence dissent, but I don't post from work. I don't have time. I'm too busy working. PM Dis and ask her what my IP shows up as. It'll be a commercial IP, not a military one. Go ahead.

It's your story. :eusa_whistle:

daveman.....And I want you to keep in mind I earned it. The government you worship says so.

All of the sudden you call on the government to get your back on this. :lol:

daveman.....Good Gaea, you're a whiner. Some of you leftists want loyalty oaths to Obama, but I'm not interested.

Link? Or lie?

daveman.....A lie? Man, you sure do enjoy slinging that around. Perhaps you need to look at the definition. Hint: It DOESN'T mean "anything a leftist doesn't like".

daveman.....I know you're desperate to silence dissent, but I don't post from work. I don't have time. I'm too busy working. PM Dis and ask her what my IP shows up as. It'll be a commercial IP, not a military one. Go ahead.

daveman.....And I want you to keep in mind I earned it. The government you worship says so.

daveman.....Good Gaea, you're a whiner. Some of you leftists want loyalty oaths to Obama, but I'm not interested.

Link? Or lie?

DaGoose on page two or three I posted this to you most of the time I will have two or three people reply to a post that I specificly make to a person this one you haven't nor has anyone else. care to address it? Or are you now saying your argument if full of shit?

Why must dumbass liberals presist with the bullshit beat a dead fucking mule? How can something affect a person if they did not know it exsisted?

Heres an example. do you think that Sarah Palin map of so called rifle targets, or anything she may have said would have an effect on a teenager in Pagnag China ? If it's so powerful and would make someone kill a person it should affect people everywhere.

Last edited:

Unbunch your panties, Skippy. It was a mistake, not a lie. I retract.

You, predictably, will not be satisfied with this.

So...you can't back up your assertion, so it is indeed a lie.

You're really not very good at this. If you don't like the contract I had with the government, call on your elected representatives to rescind pensions for the military.

Go ahead. Do it.

Link? Or lie?
No lie. I don't have to. I'm not a leftist.

Last edited by a moderator:
daveman.....Unbunch your panties, Skippy. It was a mistake, not a lie. I retract.

You, predictably, will not be satisfied with this.

And, as usual, you would be wrong. I accept your retraction.

daveman.....So...you can't back up your assertion, so it is indeed a lie.

Unlike you I never presented my assertion as a fact.

daveman.....You're really not very good at this. If you don't like the contract I had with the government, call on your elected representatives to rescind pensions for the military.

Go ahead. Do it.

And yet you'd be the first one to call for rescinding pensions on the "constitutionally mandated" members of congress, right? Can you explain the difference between your tax dollar supplied pension and theirs? Your tax dollar supplied lifetime medical coverage and theirs?

daveman.....No lie. I don't have to. I'm not a leftist.

No you're not, but you ARE a hypocrite. And this isn't the first time you've had to retract stupid statements. I could normally overlook such things but you're hell bent on making personal attacks on me while making those statements. So of course I'm going to defend myself and ram them back down your throat.

Now we can either start having civilized discourse (Hey!! There are plenty of things to attack organized labor for without stupidly comparing them to crack whores.) or we can continue down this road. And I have lots more ammunition.

So here's my olive branch. The ball's in your court.

Link? Or lie?

DaGoose on page two or three I posted this to you most of the time I will have two or three people reply to a post that I specificly make to a person this one you haven't nor has anyone else. care to address it? Or are you now saying your argument if full of shit?

Why must dumbass liberals presist with the bullshit beat a dead fucking mule? How can something affect a person if they did not know it exsisted?

Heres an example. do you think that Sarah Palin map of so called rifle targets, or anything she may have said would have an effect on a teenager in Pagnag China ? If it's so powerful and would make someone kill a person it should affect people everywhere.

Maybe not in that case but there's a reason behind the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword". I strongly believe that ideas are what changes the world.

There are time that words will be what triggers nutjobs to do what they do. It doesn't always mean that the words used are directly responsible though. I also believe that people are 100% responsible for their own actions.

Whether directly or not I would agree that we need to tone down the rhetoric since it can trigger some people to do what they may not normally do.

I wonder if the Nazi Party would have done what they did if Hitler would not have come to power? Would African Americans have suffered as much as they did if the fiery speakers that blamed them for society's ills had toned it down?

So I would have to disagree with anyone that says words and fiery rhetoric have no effect on society and behavior.

Link? Or lie?

Maybe not in that case but there's a reason behind the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword". I strongly believe that ideas are what changes the world.

There are time that words will be what triggers nutjobs to do what they do. It doesn't always mean that the words used are directly responsible though. I also believe that people are 100% responsible for their own actions.

Whether directly or not I would agree that we need to tone down the rhetoric since it can trigger some people to do what they may not normally do.

I wonder if the Nazi Party would have done what they did if Hitler would not have come to power? Would African Americans have suffered as much as they did if the fiery speakers that blamed them for society's ills had toned it down?

So I would have to disagree with anyone that says words and fiery rhetoric have no effect on society and behavior.

That is the case longher might as well have been someone that lived in Pagnag China he didn't listen to that stuff.

So I would have to disagree with anyone that says words and fiery rhetoric have no effect on society and behavior

Then you will be saying that people everwhere will be affected by her words especially those that have never heard them before. It can't have an affect on a person if they haven't heard it before. Anti Flag a group he listen to had a song call kill the rich anti flag would have had more of an effect on his state of mind than Sarah Palin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back