The best explanation for the Tuscon shooting.

The kid was crazy but is what the left wing worse than what Glenn Beck and other conservatives calling him the Liberal of Liberals? Or Sarah Palin calling him left leaning?

I mean lets be real. More violence is going to come from extreme right groups than the left extreme groups. They get their guns and use them.

I just read an article that claimed Jared Loughner had worked for the congresswoman twice during election season but had formed a grudge against her when she voted against Nancy Pelosi for house speaker. Here is a link provided on the article to an apparent blog of somesort where Loughner talks about "rightwing nutcases" and "rightwing whackos." The article it self seems a bit biased, but I'm assuming the link to loughners blog is real.

Radical Liberal shoots Congresswoman Liberty's Door
http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Pic-DailyKosNut.jpg

Anyway, let me know what you think.

After reading more, the above post may be fake. I read somewhere that the blogger is still post, so may not be Jared Loughner...anyway. It may be real and may not, we'll see what turns up.

The kid was crazy but is what the left wing worse than what Glenn Beck and other conservatives calling him the Liberal of Liberals? Or Sarah Palin calling him left leaning?

I mean lets be real. More violence is going to come from extreme right groups than the left extreme groups. They get their guns and use them.

SEIU thugs just use their fists and feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, I believe I wrote the previous response in English? As I said, he is crazy, as the OP correctly noted. The fact that he hated Bush and was a 9/11 truther doesn't mean a whole lot. There are plenty of people, who are far more lucid than this shooter, who despise Bush and Obama equally. And the fact of the matter is that he shot a Bush opponent and killed a Bush Sr. appointee, a Democrat activist and a 9-year-old who was too young to competently choose between the two, among three others! Are you going to tell me there's a pattern here beyond the fact that they were in the same event?

You're obviously trying to make an implication that this guy is a liberal so we can go ahead and "own up" to him. Basically you're politicizing the shooting from stage right, and doing so like a flailing dumbass.

Did I say that?

Just stating some facts

Speaking of ....

Wasn't the fired Czar Van Jones, a Papa Obama, appointee a 911 Truther
and hated Bush?
:eusa_whistle:

Daily Kos despised her as well

I am glad to see you believe the shootings had nothing to do with politics
You must have outraged by the bad behavior of the Left and the MSM
trying to blame conservatives for this as well.

But I must say, you are not acting very civil in our new age of "Civility"

You really need to get off your cross and stop trying to nail yourself. Hard for people to notice you hanging there when you're doing what you accuse your bogeymen of doing.

I have "accused" no one. Perhaps the problem lies with your ability to jump to conclusions and make such faulty conclusions.

This seems to happen many on the left; at least when it concerns the right
Funny how that works...
:eusa_whistle:

Just plain old bullshit.

Please offer me a chance to see where Glenn Beck referred to him as "liberal of liberals"....for that matter, please offer me a chance to see when he referredd to him as anything but a disturbed young man.

As for Palin...I would like to see the actual words being spoken....seeing as we all know how the left likes to claim she says things she never said.

And your last line? Got news for ya pal....if a man or woman wants to kill with a gun, their sentiments on "gun control" and the second ammendment is irrelevant.

And WANTING to kill has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are right or left leaning.

So that last statement of yours is nothing but leftist immature rhetoric.

SOURCE PLEASE???

and violence is from BOTH sides
bump for an answer

Please offer me a chance to see where Glenn Beck referred to him as "liberal of liberals"....for that matter, please offer me a chance to see when he referredd to him as anything but a disturbed young man.

As for Palin...I would like to see the actual words being spoken....seeing as we all know how the left likes to claim she says things she never said.

And your last line? Got news for ya pal....if a man or woman wants to kill with a gun, their sentiments on "gun control" and the second ammendment is irrelevant.

And WANTING to kill has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are right or left leaning.

It is taken out of context. I cannot provide a link because I heard it on the show, not read it but I can tell you that beck DID say that he was most likely liberal rather than conservative as he was cited saying The Communist Manifesto was one of his favorite books. That is not something someone who is a conservative would say. To be clear, this was in direct defense of the crap that was being thrown at him for supposedly 'instigating' the shooting AND Beck DIRECTLY stated that he did not blame the left of the liberal talking heads and that no one should blame them. THAT is the difference here, those on the right have not been blaming these things on the left vitriol but the left has been beating that dead horse far too often. The left has been jumping on the bandwagon of 'SEE WHAT BECK/PALIN/RUSH HAVE CAUSED' before they even find out what the ideology and motivations for those individuals are. Half the time they are on the left and yet ZERO retractions let alone an apology.

It is taken out of context. I cannot provide a link because I heard it on the show, not read it but I can tell you that beck DID say that he was most likely liberal rather than conservative as he was cited saying The Communist Manifesto was one of his favorite books. That is not something someone who is a conservative would say. To be clear, this was in direct defense of the crap that was being thrown at him for supposedly 'instigating' the shooting AND Beck DIRECTLY stated that he did not blame the left of the liberal talking heads and that no one should blame them. THAT is the difference here, those on the right have not been blaming these things on the left vitriol but the left has been beating that dead horse far too often. The left has been jumping on the bandwagon of 'SEE WHAT BECK/PALIN/RUSH HAVE CAUSED' before they even find out what the ideology and motivations for those individuals are. Half the time they are on the left and yet ZERO retractions let alone an apology.

I see your point. There hasn't been much blame coming from the right, most likely because the left was so quick on the draw to start casting blame on the conservatives. I think that it's in definate bad taste for the left to have started casting blame on the right immediately after the shooting, or period for that matter. Personally I think that blaming one individual such as Palin and others, by the left, is quite immature and petty. However, that's what our society has come to; seeking immediate blame for bad things that happen. It would be too much to ask for people to just understand that this guy is a frickin psychopath. These two parties have evolved into two self-absorbed units bent on power alone--regardless of the cost. It urks me that the left would even attempt use this senseless crime to fuel their political agenda. The right would most likely do the same if the tables were turned and a republican congressman or woman were assassinated or injured.

I see your point. There hasn't been much blame coming from the right, most likely because the left was so quick on the draw to start casting blame on the conservatives. I think that it's in definate bad taste for the left to have started casting blame on the right immediately after the shooting, or period for that matter. Personally I think that blaming one individual such as Palin and others, by the left, is quite immature and petty. However, that's what our society has come to; seeking immediate blame for bad things that happen. It would be too much to ask for people to just understand that this guy is a frickin psychopath. These two parties have evolved into two self-absorbed units bent on power alone--regardless of the cost. It urks me that the left would even attempt use this senseless crime to fuel their political agenda. The right would most likely do the same if the tables were turned and a republican congressman or woman were assassinated or injured.

And you base that assumption on what? A generalized belief that if one group of people are sleazeballs, ALL people must be?

And you base that assumption on what? A generalized belief that if one group of people are sleazeballs, ALL people must be?

I just re-read your post and am not quite sure I understand your point. I don't see anywhere in my post where I generalized all people as sleazeballs. I further went on in my post to imply that both parties are corrupt for power and are willing to use any situation or tragedy to gain political foothold at the national level. The next thing we'll see is the parties placing blame on eachother for causing that girl to fall in the fountain at the mall.

I simply agreed with someone elses "observation" that the right hasn't been doing much turd tossing at the left when it comes to Jared Loughner's actions while the left has been blaming the right for the incident non-stop. If you've seen the right blaming the left for Loughner's actions, by all mean share it with us.

Last edited:
Hey people the man was a fucking nut. Thats all there was to it. Only sheep allow themselves to be pulled in to the bullshit of censuring speech to stop violence. Why do you guys fall for what the elite on the left and right give you all the time? They are both using it to stunt debate.

I honestly don't thing the right would. The left likes to parrot that to justify themselves but it is based on nothing. The right has a different way of bashing the left and power grabbing - usually in the form of comparing lefties to Hitler or some such. They are not better but they do tend to use different methods ;)

I just re-read your post and am not quite sure I understand your point. I don't see anywhere in my post where I generalized all people as sleazeballs. I further went on in my post to imply that both parties are corrupt for power and are willing to use any situation or tragedy to gain political foothold at the national level. The next thing we'll see is the parties placing blame on eachother for causing that girl to fall in the fountain at the mall.

I simply agreed with someone elses "observation" that the right hasn't been doing much turd tossing at the left when it comes to Jared Loughner's actions while the left has been blaming the right for the incident non-stop. If you've seen the right blaming the left for Loughner's actions, by all mean share it with us.

I believe Cecilie (and correct me if I am wrong) was actually saying that the right would not have done the same thing that the left did if it were a republican as you conjectured.

And that would be precisely where you assumed that because some people are sleazeballs, ALL people must be. Specifically, the quote that prompted my post was this:

"The right would most likely do the same if the tables were turned and a republican congressman or woman were assassinated or injured."

I will ask you again: on what evidence do you base your assumption that Republicans would duplicate the sleazy, unacceptable behavior of the Democrats if a Republican Congressmember had been shot, and try to blame the Democrats for the act with no evidence of a direct causal link?

Actually, what I have seen is exactly what you have. The difference is that I have not still blithely assumed that if the situation were reversed, the right would be equally culpable. You did. I realize that it's fashionable, when one side behaves execrably, to spread the condemnation equally around, but I personally believe that one should be allowed to actually commit a crime before being indicted and convicted for it.

I guess that's just me.

I honestly don't thing the right would. The left likes to parrot that to justify themselves but it is based on nothing. The right has a different way of bashing the left and power grabbing - usually in the form of comparing lefties to Hitler or some such. They are not better but they do tend to use different methods ;)

Oh, yeah, it's the RIGHT that screams, "Just like Hitler!" every other breath. :cuckoo:

Shall I bring up MoveOn.org's advertisement contest, where they posted TWO entries that compared Bush to Hitler on their website, before outcries forced them to pull the ads?

How about these quotes:

"I see no difference between the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Poland in 1939." - Scott Ritter

"Few Americans believe the Bush Administration itself brought down the World Trade Center last year. But the conviction is widespread throughout Europe and the Muslim world, and for good reason. This unelected regime---Hitler also came to power with a minority of votes---has used the terrible tragedies of September 11 in much the way the Nazis jumped on the Reichstag fire." - Harvey Wasserman, Greenpeace USA

" This list [of perceived misdeeds], while far from being complete, represents a very clear picture of what the Bush administration and Republican agenda is all about. It is about helping the oil industry, large conglomerates, and the wealthy. It is about a never-ending war against terrorism. It is about showing contempt for the American citizens. It is about developing a dictatorship, in much the same manner as that used by Adolf Hitler, through propaganda and fear.
I certainly support ending terrorism, but I believe terrorism is simply being used by this Administration in much the same manner as Hitler used it to gain control and maintain a hold on the people of Germany. [...]
Bush continues to have rather high approval ratings, as reported by the media. Is this an indictment of the American people's lack of political knowledge and their blind support of the fight against terrorism? Or is this another example of being controlled by the mainstream media? [...] Or does it show how instilling fear into the people is being successful, much as it was for the Nazis in Germany? " - Democratic Underground

There are whole websites detailing the literally hundreds of public "Just Like Hitler!" comparisons, and that's just for former President Bush. The Gallery of 'Bush = Hitler' Allusions

But it's the RIGHT that has a problem with this. :eusa_hand:

Oh, yeah, it's the RIGHT that screams, "Just like Hitler!" every other breath. :cuckoo:

Shall I bring up MoveOn.org's advertisement contest, where they posted TWO entries that compared Bush to Hitler on their website, before outcries forced them to pull the ads?

How about these quotes:

"I see no difference between the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Poland in 1939." - Scott Ritter

"Few Americans believe the Bush Administration itself brought down the World Trade Center last year. But the conviction is widespread throughout Europe and the Muslim world, and for good reason. This unelected regime---Hitler also came to power with a minority of votes---has used the terrible tragedies of September 11 in much the way the Nazis jumped on the Reichstag fire." - Harvey Wasserman, Greenpeace USA

" This list [of perceived misdeeds], while far from being complete, represents a very clear picture of what the Bush administration and Republican agenda is all about. It is about helping the oil industry, large conglomerates, and the wealthy. It is about a never-ending war against terrorism. It is about showing contempt for the American citizens. It is about developing a dictatorship, in much the same manner as that used by Adolf Hitler, through propaganda and fear.
I certainly support ending terrorism, but I believe terrorism is simply being used by this Administration in much the same manner as Hitler used it to gain control and maintain a hold on the people of Germany. [...]
Bush continues to have rather high approval ratings, as reported by the media. Is this an indictment of the American people's lack of political knowledge and their blind support of the fight against terrorism? Or is this another example of being controlled by the mainstream media? [...] Or does it show how instilling fear into the people is being successful, much as it was for the Nazis in Germany? " - Democratic Underground

There are whole websites detailing the literally hundreds of public "Just Like Hitler!" comparisons, and that's just for former President Bush. The Gallery of 'Bush = Hitler' Allusions

The right commonly compares the left to Hitler and Stalin. I would be surprised if you have not seen this done many times over. Just because there are some instances of those on the left doing the same does not mean that the right does not have that issue. There are those on the right that attacked the left for the shootings too but it is not a general tactic that they have.

How about these quotes:

The right commonly compares the left to Hitler and Stalin. I would be surprised if you have not seen this done many times over. Just because there are some instances of those on the left doing the same does not mean that the right does not have that issue. There are those on the right that attacked the left for the shootings too but it is not a general tactic that they have.

Not by anyone I would take seriously, no. And "SOME" instances? No. It's their favorite response, next to gaybaiting. I note that you simply assert that it's a problem - just as you assert that there are some attacking the left for the shootings - but don't bother to provide any examples. Do PLEASE hold your breath waiting for me to take your word for things.

And that would be precisely where you assumed that because some people are sleazeballs, ALL people must be. Specifically, the quote that prompted my post was this:

"The right would most likely do the same if the tables were turned and a republican congressman or woman were assassinated or injured."

I will ask you again: on what evidence do you base your assumption that Republicans would duplicate the sleazy, unacceptable behavior of the Democrats if a Republican Congressmember had been shot, and try to blame the Democrats for the act with no evidence of a direct causal link?

Actually, what I have seen is exactly what you have. The difference is that I have not still blithely assumed that if the situation were reversed, the right would be equally culpable. You did. I realize that it's fashionable, when one side behaves execrably, to spread the condemnation equally around, but I personally believe that one should be allowed to actually commit a crime before being indicted and convicted for it.

I guess that's just me.

"Republicans are labeling Democrats and President Barack Obama as weak on national security"

This quote was from an article about the Christmas Day terrorist attack....here's the link
Parties spar over blame for failed Christmas Day terrorist attack - TheHill.com

So, we have the Republicans blaming the Democrats for an attack. It's the same premise. I would venture to guess that you are a straight-ticket republican...which IMO leads to the sensless blame game that we see.

In no way have I blamed Republicans for anything that happened in Tuscon, and furthermore find it infantile and immature that the Democrats would use this even to politically attack individuals of another party. What's even funnier than this, is that the left is slamming the right about gun rights when it's them who have held the congress for the last two years. At the same time, it is naive to deny that in a similar event, like the one posted above, the Republicans would not do the same thing.

What you need to realize is that these people don't represent you and me. They say they do, but really don't. I'm sure a few actually have good intentions, but most of them are bent on power and will whatever they can to get it and keep it.

While I admit that the blame game is often one sided when it comes to stuff like this, I hardly think it inconceivable that Republicans are angels.

I guess that's just me.

"Republicans are labeling Democrats and President Barack Obama as weak on national security"

This quote was from an article about the Christmas Day terrorist attack....here's the link
Parties spar over blame for failed Christmas Day terrorist attack - TheHill.com

So, we have the Republicans blaming the Democrats for an attack. It's the same premise. I would venture to guess that you are a straight-ticket republican...which IMO leads to the sensless blame game that we see.

In no way have I blamed Republicans for anything that happened in Tuscon, and furthermore find it infantile and immature that the Democrats would use this even to politically attack individuals of another party. What's even funnier than this, is that the left is slamming the right about gun rights when it's them who have held the congress for the last two years. At the same time, it is naive to deny that in a similar event, like the one posted above, the Republicans would not do the same thing.

What you need to realize is that these people don't represent you and me. They say they do, but really don't. I'm sure a few actually have good intentions, but most of them are bent on power and will whatever they can to get it and keep it.

While I admit that the blame game is often one sided when it comes to stuff like this, I hardly think it inconceivable that Republicans are angels.

Okay, genius, now try to stay with me. Your "smoking gun" link is a story about a guy who had been put in a terrorism database to be watched, but wasn't put on no-fly lists in the US, and subsequently got on a plane and tried to bomb it, a rather egregious failure of our national security apparatus which is supposed to prevent that sort of thing, I'm sure you can agree. Because of this, Republicans blamed the Democrat administration in charge of running that selfsame national security apparatus.

Now, surely even the most partisan, "I am committed to finding some equivalency between Democrats and Republicans" hack can see that there is at least SOME valid link between an actual breach of security and laying blame for that breach on the people in charge of that security. And surely that same mushbrained hack would be able to understand that there is NO valid link whatsoever between Sarah Palin talking about targeting someone FOR ELECTION DEFEAT and a whackjob deciding to shoot that person. Therefore, the aforementioned mushbrained hack, no matter how badly he wants to insist that there is an equivalency between Republicans and Democrats in making unfounded attacks, would have to admit that there is no comparison whatsoever between the two.

You may "venture to guess" any goddamned thing you want about me that's going to make you feel better about your bullshit, just as long as you muster the guts and honesty to admit that your attempted analogy was so much ripe, steaming horseshit, and that there is no "similar event" here.

What YOU need to realize is that if you're looking to be patted on the back and told what a smart, bipartisan, enlightened person you are for "generously" smearing everyone around with blame, whether they've earned it or not, you're talking to the wrong person. I only admire people for forming judgements based on actual facts, and you're not falling into that category. Oh, and "all or nothing" crap like "Republicans aren't angels" just raises my contempt level higher. I never said they were angels, nor am I required to think that they are merely to be aware that they haven't done anything in this case to deserve pissants like you trying to deal them in for a share of crap from the Democrats' actions.

Forum List

Back