The Balls to Impeach

Then why is Trump fighting the Congressional subpoena for Don McGahn?

Please, do tell.
It could have something to do with lawyer client privilege combined with executive privilege.
He is under no compelling interest to help the democrats root through the dumpster for possible politically damaging nuggets, which in theory could exist.

Feeding the CNN beast is the stupidest thing anyone could possibly do.

It most likely has everything to do with the fact that McGahn would tell The US Congress the very same thing he told the Mueller investigation; nothing else.
Trump doesn't want that to happen.
So if McGhan told Mueller and Congress got Mueller’s report what’s the fucking problem?

I don't follow that verbiage; could you try restating, or rephrasing the question.

Sorry but Mueller handed the 'obstruction' issue off to The US Congress, which surly has the potential to be "criminal activity."

So, all you have is. "fuck off" & "seriously,,,,fuck off"

And you call me an idiot.

Now I see why Trump attracts folks so much like himself. Dumb ass loves company.
You are the one who thinks criminal activity is the same as political activity. Not me.

Oh sure; and go tell that to the folks at the FBI when they set up a sting operation & arrest some dumb ass for running his mouth about what he 'wants' to do, like set off some 'fake' bomb that he has no idea is a fake.

Tell that to the police department that video taped the guy attempting to hire a 'fake' hit man to murder his wife & then got arrested for attempted first degree murder, and solicitation of capitol murder.

Yes, words don't mean shit in your tiny little world; do they?

Where have you been hiding all these years?

I have to say; Trump supporters continually demonstrate they are just too fucking stupid to be real Americans.
You are conflating criminal activity with political opinion.....IDIOT!
As usual you are too stupid and cognitively disadvantaged to take seriously. Fuck off! Seriously,,,,fuck off!
Sorry but Mueller handed the 'obstruction' issue off to The US Congress, which surly has the potential to be "criminal activity."

So, all you have is. "fuck off" & "seriously,,,,fuck off"

And you call me an idiot.

Now I see why Trump attracts folks so much like himself. Dumb ass loves company.
You are the one who thinks criminal activity is the same as political activity. Not me.

Obstruction of justice - Wikipedia

Please, do tell.
It could have something to do with lawyer client privilege combined with executive privilege.
He is under no compelling interest to help the democrats root through the dumpster for possible politically damaging nuggets, which in theory could exist.

It most likely has everything to do with the fact that McGahn would tell The US Congress the very same thing he told the Mueller investigation; nothing else.
So if McGhan told Mueller and Congress got Mueller’s report what’s the fucking problem?

I don't follow that verbiage; could you try restating, or rephrasing the question.
It’s not my fault you are too damn stupid to comprehend, but that’s a Hillary loser for ewe!

Please, do tell.

uh... mcgahn is not trump's lawyer. he is the whitehouse counsel ... that means to the office of the presidency. AND the mango madman cannot bestow executive privilege after already waiving it for mueller. he can't undo that.

:icon_rolleyes: Oh sure. I'm sure Nadler and his boys just want McGhan to regurgitate whatever he told Mueller.
That would be a useful application of his time.

since there are redactions - it sure would put it in the light.

He can't be indicted while potus, but he can once he leaves office. It will take the US courts to get anything from the WH.

But tramp said McGahn is a liar. I do not know anyone who has integrity not willing to clear his name. Sometimes I think tramp wants the Dems to impeach him, poor me, I'm being impeached. If he had nothing to hide , then what is he hiding.

Impeachment is a process and tramp is holding it up, first you do investigations.
"First you have investigations" is Fascism / Totalitarianism.

In a free country you first have to have an offense to investigate.

He can't be indicted while potus, but he can once he leaves office. It will take the US courts to get anything from the WH.

But tramp said McGahn is a liar. I do not know anyone who has integrity not willing to clear his name. Sometimes I think tramp wants the Dems to impeach him, poor me, I'm being impeached. If he had nothing to hide , then what is he hiding.

Impeachment is a process and tramp is holding it up, first you do investigations.
"First you have investigations" is Fascism / Totalitarianism.

In a free country you first have to have an offense to investigate.

noooooooooo............"First you have investigations" is government oversight per the us constitution. outside of the presidency, donny would have his day in court; again - per the constitution.

in a free country, you are innocent until or unless proven guilty.

:popcorn:

uh... mcgahn is not trump's lawyer. he is the whitehouse counsel ... that means to the office of the presidency. AND the mango madman cannot bestow executive privilege after already waiving it for mueller. he can't undo that.
Uh...no, not really. Giuliani lays out 3 conditions Mueller has to meet for the White House to waive executive privilege in the Russia probe

The White House has already effectively waived its right to executive privilege twice when it comes to McGahn. The first time came when it authorized him to speak extensively to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — a decision that resulted in 30 hours of interviews and one that Trump has reportedly come to rue. And then it declined to assert executive privilege over redactions in the Mueller report ahead of the report’s release last week.

It didn’t have to, as Attorney General William P. Barr noted at the time.

“Because the White House voluntarily cooperated with the special counsel’s investigation, significant portions of the report contain material over which the president could have asserted privilege. And he would have been well within his rights to do so,” Barr said. But he added that Trump confirmed he wouldn’t assert executive privilege “in the interests of transparency and full disclosure to the American people.”

Trump’s interest in transparency apparently has its limits, as we’re now finding out with his decision to fight McGahn’s further testimony to the Democratic-controlled House. But experts say the dual waivers of executive privilege severely complicate any further attempt to invoke it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...se-shot-itself-foot-don-mcgahn/?noredirect=on

McGahn told Mueller that he refused Trump's 2017 directive to have the special counsel fired for what the president saw as conflict of interest. On Thursday, Trump fired off a series of tweets denying the event. Afterward, some legal experts made the argument that the president could no longer claim executive privilege to block McGahn from testifying before Congress.
Donald Trump tweet just waived any hope of claiming executive privilege over Don McGahn testimony, experts say

"So there is NO QUESTION that "impeachable" offenses have been committed by this President, even assuming that none of them rises to the level of indictable crimes with overwhelming proof of guilt."

If this president had committed impeachable offenses, then there is no question that this special counsel would have said so in the final report. The truth is that after 2 years of beating the bushes and looking everywhere, they found NOTHING. No collusion, no obstruction, nothing. Trump may have bitched about it, wanted to do something that might have amounted to obstruction, but DIDN'T DO IT. Which means the Dems have nothing to impeach him on.

Now I realize that's a hard pill to swallow for the Trump-haters, and many just cannot accept the plain facts that they tried to 2 years to get him and couldn't come up with anything. Tough shit, bitches. And now the show is on the other foot, certain TDSers are about to be exposed for unprofessional if not outright illegal things they did when they were involved in the Clinton and Trump investigations. Number 1, I'm guessing they won't get immunity this time, and number 2 they won't be able to remember a damn thing. But it might be that they've said things that have been proven to be false since then, and maybe a few indictments might come down for lying to investigators. We'll see.

You seem to be confused: The obstruction concept is based on attempts to obstruct the investigation itself.
Such as, smart guy. Such as.

That's just it. They scream obstruction, obstruction but can't tell you just what was obstructed.

Mueller's report cleared Trump and you can't obstruct something that never happened.

You and I get it but the dense lefty loons are still howling at the moon.

They sure are a whiny bunch of shits.

That has to be the dumbest post ever made.

"So there is NO QUESTION that "impeachable" offenses have been committed by this President, even assuming that none of them rises to the level of indictable crimes with overwhelming proof of guilt."

If this president had committed impeachable offenses, then there is no question that this special counsel would have said so in the final report. The truth is that after 2 years of beating the bushes and looking everywhere, they found NOTHING. No collusion, no obstruction, nothing. Trump may have bitched about it, wanted to do something that might have amounted to obstruction, but DIDN'T DO IT. Which means the Dems have nothing to impeach him on.

Now I realize that's a hard pill to swallow for the Trump-haters, and many just cannot accept the plain facts that they tried to 2 years to get him and couldn't come up with anything. Tough shit, bitches. And now the show is on the other foot, certain TDSers are about to be exposed for unprofessional if not outright illegal things they did when they were involved in the Clinton and Trump investigations. Number 1, I'm guessing they won't get immunity this time, and number 2 they won't be able to remember a damn thing. But it might be that they've said things that have been proven to be false since then, and maybe a few indictments might come down for lying to investigators. We'll see.

The special council was not allowed to indict.

The ONLY tool available to remove a President from office is impeachment. Mueller was not assigned to, and did not address the question of, impeach-ability. Not on his plate. That is entirely for Congress to decide.

The Democrats are in an untenable situation. They have been saying for 2+ years that Trump is a criminal, but when challenged to identify the "crime" they have nothing, and the more they try to explain it, the more their impotence comes to light.

It is actually quite entertaining. I just wish the Tweeter-in-Chief would back off a bit. Not entirely, but a bit.

well PER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, as AN EQUAL BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT, oversight & impeachment belongs to the house. donny & y'all better get used to it.
I guess that's why Nadler is constantly on the news demanding Trump give his tax returns to him, or some other demand.
I didn't know any of this was disputed. Thanks for nothing.

Afterward, some legal experts made the argument that the president could no longer claim executive privilege to block McGahn from testifying before Congress.
Donald Trump tweet just waived any hope of claiming executive privilege over Don McGahn testimony, experts say
Oh....Newsweak :icon_rolleyes: . I'm not surprised. They could find a panel of "legal experts" to argue Trump is guilty of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby. Don't be surprised if the Supreme Court comes to a different conclusion.

Forum List

Back