The 5th column

I apologise for my previous behavior and the profanity I was some what destraught by the acusations. I will however point out that you are again using ad hoc which I will not repond too.
As long as you are willing to admit that i am not PJ and also accept the possiblity coincedences happen and that I do not know PJ personaly then I will leave this topic a go back to the are catholics christian debate.

Many peices of christianity were borrowed from other religions and vice versa.

For Instance, The concept of heaven and hell was originaly introduced to the Jews (the obvious parent religion of christianiy) by the Zoasterians

The Flood story occurs in religions as old as the mesopatamian religions.

Jesus can be found in the Hindu religion as an avatar of Vishnu the preserver who died to save people from adarma (chaos, immorality, ect) pretty damn close for a religion which is decidedly nonchristian

Your religion is a break of catholocism which occured during the protestant reformation. Catholocism along with Orthodoxy was a break from the original, almost universal form of christianity, this break occurred during the first Great Schism. The original along with coptic Christianity was a break from Judaism. Judaism was a break from early mesopatamian religions and was influenced by the religion of Zoaster, of the caninites, and son and so forth.

Originally posted by deaddude
Also Jimnyc I still claim not to know P. Jew. You are still limiting your self to ad hoc argueing its annoying and not even entertaining to respond too.You are attacking me without making any points or arguements about my veiws or expressing yours if you have a legitamate arguement feel free to express it but I will no longer respond to your attacks against me personaly.

Because you're a fucking idiot. I predict you won't be posting here longer than another hour. Stay in school son, you need it!

"Also Jimnyc I still claim not to know P. Jew. You are still limiting your self to ad hoc argueing its annoying and not even entertaining to respond too.You are attacking me without making any points or arguements about my veiws or expressing yours if you have a legitamate arguement feel free to express it but I will no longer respond to your attacks against me personaly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because you're a fucking idiot. I predict you won't be posting here longer than another hour. Stay in school son, you need it!"
posted by Jimnyc

So you respond to my statement that you were using ad hoc with another ad hoc, whats the point of argueing when you refuse to give me anything other than the childish " Im smart, your dumb I'm right your wrong so shut up." again its annoying.

So you respond to my statement that you were using ad hoc with another ad hoc, whats the point of argueing when you refuse to give me anything other than the childish " Im smart, your dumb I'm right your wrong so shut up."

Because you are coming off as a fucking idiot.

If I am coming off as an idiot ( and thank you for using the coming off as) then you should not sink to my level. You should not use an arguement against me that a three year old could come up with.

and Sir Evil if your going to quote me please quote me in context of what I said. You took four words out of a forty five word sentence and quoted it, put the other forty one words in the quote and it means somthing different than you four word quote.

Many peices of christianity were borrowed from other religions and vice versa.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. Christian teachings are from the Bible.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

For Instance, The concept of heaven and hell was originaly introduced to the Jews (the obvious parent religion of christianiy) by the Zoasterians

Hell is referred to by the Bible. In Acts 2:31 / Revelation 20/ Psalm 16:10

If I am coming off as an idiot ( and thank you for using the coming off as) then you should not sink to my level. You should not use an arguement against me that a three year old could come up with.

Whatever, I'm not going to continue to argue with you. I asked you a legitimate question after your first post and you've been nothing but a prick since. You post in a civil manner and I can almost guarantee the posters here will treat you in the same manner. You post looking for trouble and you're going to find it.

Originally posted by Joz
Originally posted by Avatar4321
Verse please. Ive read the Bible many times and have yet to find a place that says you "having a relationship with Christ" is the only way.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Your choice whether you want to believe in the Bible.

Again my point is made. read what i said. That verse does not address my point.

how the fuck can someone be agnostic catholic, the two are mutualy exclusive?

If their is some strange way then I apologise for the profanity

Also Jimnyc I still claim not to know P. Jew. You are still limiting your self to ad hoc argueing its annoying and not even entertaining to respond too.You are attacking me without making any points or arguements about my veiws or expressing yours if you have a legitamate arguement feel free to express it but I will no longer respond to your attacks against me personaly.

P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
:D

Originally posted by nycflasher
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
P.Jew
:D

:laugh:

Seriously though, I don't think this is PJ. I do believe it's just a coincidence. PJ has never been an antagonizer and has always been civil in his discussions. I don't agree with him most of the time but I appreciate the way he carries himself on the board.

The Flood story occurs in religions as old as the mesopatamian religions.

The Flood can also be found in the myths of native Americans.

Which of course begs the question. How? If what you are arguing is true and the flood came from Mesoptamian religions, how are the same myths propugated on the other side of the world?

Of course the simplist explanation is all people had some myth of an event that happened relatatively recently to them. Mesopatamians, Greeks, Native Americans are three sources outside of the Bible which testify of the relality of the Flood.

the great apostasy
Now,bretheren,concerning the coming of our lord jesus christ and our gathering together to him,we ask you,not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled,either by spirit or by word or by letter,as if from us,as though the day of christ had come.let no one decieve you by any means;for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first,and the man of sin is revealed,the son of perdition,who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called god or that is worshiped,so that he sits as god in the temple of god,showing himself that he is god.do you not remember that when i was still with you i told you these things?and now you know what is restraining,that he may be revealed in his own time.for the mystery of lawlessness is already at work;only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.and then the lawless one will be revealed,whom the lord will consume with the breath of his mouth and destroy with the brightness of his coming.the coming of the lawless one is according to the working of satan,with all power,signs,and lying wonders,and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish,because they did not recieve the love of the truth,that they might be saved.and for this reason god will send them strong delusion,that they should believe the lie,that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 thess.2:1-12

Originally posted by Joz
Please explain.

It says Christ is the only way, not having a relationship with Christ is the only way. There is no argument that Christ is the only way atleast from my end. Without the Atonement, it wouldnt matter what we did, we couldnt be saved.

But the point of the Atonement isnt a relationship with Christ, Its to regain a relationship with the Father. In the process we do develop a relationship with Christ, but its much more than that. Im seriously curious if you can find the term relationship with Christ in the Bible.

PJ - When you come back and read this thread, I'm sorry I thought/inferred/accused you of being this second poster. No harm intended.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
It says Christ is the only way, not having a relationship with Christ is the only way. There is no argument that Christ is the only way atleast from my end. Without the Atonement, it wouldnt matter what we did, we couldnt be saved.

But the point of the Atonement isnt a relationship with Christ, Its to regain a relationship with the Father. In the process we do develop a relationship with Christ, but its much more than that. Im seriously curious if you can find the term relationship with Christ in the Bible.

I guess I'm just not following your line of thinking. I don't see how you divide the two. I can't see how you can love/ obey/etc without a relationship. But as far as the word "relationship", you will not find it anywhere in the King James Version.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Deaddude is a buddy of mine. We were in the University of Arkansas computer lab at the time.

Here are quotes from your friend:

"I read his posts but no I dont know him personally if thats what you mean"

"He (P. Jew) is also a student or possibly a professor at the UofA"

"I stand by the fact that I do not know him personally."

"Also Jimnyc I still claim not to know P. Jew"

"I do not know him"

Forum List

Back