The 5th column

Originally posted by NewGuy
Again, catholocism is NOT Christianity.

Just for anyones information this is a guy who defines non Christians as "anyone who disagrees with my views of Christ"

Any reasonable person understands that Catholics are Christians. They simply arent protestants. and if Catholics arent Christians then neither are Protestants cause you cant reform a non Christian Church and somehow make it Christian.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Just for anyones information this is a guy who defines non Christians as "anyone who disagrees with my views of Christ"

Any reasonable person understands that Catholics are Christians. They simply arent protestants. and if Catholics arent Christians then neither are Protestants cause you cant reform a non Christian Church and somehow make it Christian.

Define Christian, smart guy and then back it up with scripture.

"Because your IP address is 100% identical to his. You don't know him personally, you just happen to be using the exact same computer to post from." originaly posted by jimnyc

I am posting this from a universtiy computer, their are dozens of computers just in the building i am posting from all with the same Ip address. I stand by the fact that I do not know him personally.

I was posting that from the fith floor computer lab at the University of Arkansas. hundreds of students use those computers every day.

I post this from the 4th floor of the administration building of the Universtiy of Arkansas because the other lab closed. Perhaps
He (P. Jew) is also a student or possibly a professor at the UofA

Originally posted by musicman
Sitarro, As an ex-Catholic, surely you know that the Gospels are not the focus of Catholic teaching. Catechism, rather than the Bible is stressed. In fact, Bible reading is discouraged-lay people lack the necessary training to understand it-the very Word of God!

While i deffinately disagree with Catholics in regard to their neglect to use the Bible as much as they should. It hardly qualifies as nonChristian since they still believe in the Bible and more importantly they still believe in Christ. That through him they are saved, and they strive to be like Him.

Simply because they have a more realistic view of the Bible and its creation doesnt mean they arent Christian. And I dare say i find too many Protestants who worship the Bible, or rather their interpretation of the Bible more than Christ. Its rather sad. The problem with the Protestant view of the Bible is that the Bible was not created in a vaccuum. There is a context behind it and trying to interpret it outside of the cultural and religious contexts it was created under are going to give 30000 different people 30000 different interpretations and fractures the Church.

Originally posted by deaddude
"Because your IP address is 100% identical to his. You don't know him personally, you just happen to be using the exact same computer to post from." originaly posted by jimnyc

I am posting this from a universtiy computer, their are dozens of computers just in the building i am posting from all with the same Ip address. I stand by the fact that I do not know him personally.

I was posting that from the fith floor computer lab at the University of Arkansas. hundreds of students use those computers every day.

I post this from the 4th floor of the administration building of the Universtiy of Arkansas because the other lab closed. Perhaps

And just happen to post in the very same thread. Sure are a lot of coincidences.

how the fuck can someone be agnostic catholic, the two are mutualy exclusive?

If their is some strange way then I apologise for the profanity

Also Jimnyc I still claim not to know P. Jew. You are still limiting your self to ad hoc argueing its annoying and not even entertaining to respond too.You are attacking me without making any points or arguements about my veiws or expressing yours if you have a legitamate arguement feel free to express it but I will no longer respond to your attacks against me personaly.

Actually, I said what the Bible says: a relationship with Christ is the only way. THAT makes it true.

Verse please. Ive read the Bible many times and have yet to find a place that says you "having a relationship with Christ" is the only way. Im not saying having a relationship with Christ is bad, But its not the point. The point of Christianity is to have a relationship with the Father which is impossible withotu the Atonement of Christ.

But then none of that invalidatest he fact that Christ organized a visible Church. Nor does it invalidate the commandments from Christ and from Paul to be united, quite contrary to the actions of the thousands of sects of Protestant/Evangelical Christianity.

how the fuck can someone be agnostic catholic, the two are mutualy exclusive?

Catholocism in its purist form is simply a ritualistic practice with no real faith in anything Godly.

A belief in Christ is not center nor is it crucial to the rituals. When a man is the focus, and not the diety, that is taking a non-diestic approach.

Agnosticism DOES fit quite well.

A person CAN be a Christian in a catholic circumstance, but only if their faith is with Christ and they perform the rituals without supplanting Christ as their lord and savior. -But THAT goes against catholocisms teachings of faith and authority.

As I said, you can't have your faith in 2 places, but you CAN be an agnostic catholic.

Agnostic catholocism is possible through your interpretation, not through mine. Catholics are very faithful in God and in Christ. Therfore they actively have faith in and believe in a diety. Agnostics beleive that there could be a higher power but if there is they do not know who or what it is. They are mutualy exclusive. Or at least thats my interpretation.

OK. PJ. we've all had a good laugh. Now tell the truth.

Define Christian, smart guy and then back it up with scripture.

A Christian by deffinition if a disciple of Jesus Christ. Check any dictionary if you happen to disagree.

As for backing it up with scripture there is no point. The word Christian only occurs three times in the Scriptures, once when Luke explains where the term started and twice by non Christians.

You see the word Christian began as an insult by the nonbelievers. Christians later adopted this term meant to mock them as a badge of honor.

In the Bible, the body of believers were called Saints. Hence the reason all the Apostles Epistles were directed to the Saints of the Church of God in various regions of Asia and Europe.

But enough history. since a Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ, who are you to deny someone their service to Christ? When you call people non Christian you simply mean they dont believe your bigotted version of Christianity and because they disagree with you and your interpretation of scriptures they are going to hell. There is no reason to believe that though.

Hello Avatar!

All I'm saying is that Catholicism and Christianity are separate and distinct things, and I'm speaking from personal experience. The fact that the Catholic heirarchy treat the Bible as some mysterious tome, only to be read by the learned, is robbery---robbery of God's great gift to us-His truth.

So, with only respect and goodwill toward Catholics, but with white-hot anger at the heirarchy, I state unequivocally that, while Catholicism may profess Christianity, it is an apostate, world-driven church.

Originally posted by musicman
Hello Avatar!

All I'm saying is that Catholicism and Christianity are separate and distinct things, and I'm speaking from personal experience. The fact that the Catholic heirarchy treat the Bible as some mysterious tome, only to be read by the learned, is robbery---robbery of God's great gift to us-His truth.

So, with only respect and goodwill toward Catholics, but with white-hot anger at the heirarchy, I state unequivocally that, while Catholicism may profess Christianity, it is an apostate, world-driven church.

Simply because Catholicism is in an apostate state of Christianity does not make it any less Christian.

God FUCKINg damn it (irony intended, i dont beleive in God)

I am not nor was I ever PJ

I do not know him the entire fucking thing is stupid i am not him get it through your damn skulls

I dont know if you can tell with just an IP adress but if you can check, everything i told you is true those adresses are from University of
Arkansas terminals. Its puplic access for all I know entire buildings are under the same IP

Simply because Catholicism is in an apostate state of Christianity does not make it any less Christian.

Nor does it make it's hapless, duped practicioners any less likely to be looked upon with pity and mercy by an all -wise, all-loving God. A case in point would be yours truly.

Verse please. Ive read the Bible many times and have yet to find a place that says you "having a relationship with Christ" is the only way. Im not saying having a relationship with Christ is bad, But its not the point. The point of Christianity is to have a relationship with the Father which is impossible withotu the Atonement of Christ.

But then none of that invalidatest he fact that Christ organized a visible Church. Nor does it invalidate the commandments from Christ and from Paul to be united, quite contrary to the actions of the thousands of sects of Protestant/Evangelical Christianity.

Forget it. I wanted you to define Christian and back it up with scripture. You CANT. So then you avoid the statement and try to make ME prove something that the Bible is all about because you haven't read it. You have no idea what a Christian is even after I have made multiple posts about it and others have also told you.

I am not here for you to get your jollies in debates. I will point out false hoods and show proof where necessary. When you want to read a Bible to put us both on equal footing, we will go further. You claim to know all about "Christianity", lump catholocism into it, and then denounce the whole thing.

Your ignorance overshadows the entire thread.

God FUCKINg damn it (irony intended, i dont beleive in God)

I am not nor was I ever PJ

I do not know him the entire fucking thing is stupid i am not him get it through your damn skulls

I dont know if you can tell with just an IP adress but if you can check, everything i told you is true those adresses are from University of
Arkansas terminals. Its puplic access for all I know entire buildings are under the same IP

Like I said, just a lot of coincidences then. Same school with the same IP address and you just happen to show up in the thread he was debating in.

I'm sure you aren't the same though. PJ has intelligence and you are coming off like an illiterate fucking idiot.

Verse please. Ive read the Bible many times and have yet to find a place that says you "having a relationship with Christ" is the only way.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Your choice whether you want to believe in the Bible.

Forum List

Back