Texas Abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
God cannot bless murder. I'm sorry. If you are killing for want and nothing else...I don't even think God could support it.

LOL, God is the leading cause of death. He obviously has absolutely no problem with murder. God even has no problem with killing children. So let's stop pretending that abortion is anything that God would be against.

The Forces of Darkness defeated again.....

AUSTIN — A bill that would have given Texas one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country died amid chaos at the end of the special legislative session overnight.

After Republicans used strict interpretations of Senate rules to knock Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, off her marathon filibuster intended to block a vote on the measure before the midnight Tuesday deadline, abortion-rights advocates watching the session erupted in a loud protest.

After a delay of several minutes, it appeared senators voted 19-10 in favor of the bill, almost entirely along party lines. Democrats said the vote came too late, but Republicans declared victory on the matter.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday, a very upset Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst finally came to the dais to address the press and chamber on the fate of Senate Bill 5 and the crowd that at times drowned out the proceedings.

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired,” Dewhurst said. “Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

Abortion bill dies in Texas Senate after filibuster, crowd outburst | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

It is a momentary defeat for Republicans and they will eventually push this through

But it is a case of Republicans winning the battle and losing the war. They will appease their anti-abortion faction and win brownie points but they will lose the vote of more and more women. Not just in Texas, but around the country

It is not just the fact that they are changing the rules and defacto outlawing abortion but the fact that they bullied it through and stomped on the rights of Texas women

They will pay the price in the long run

God cannot bless murder. I'm sorry. If you are killing for want and nothing else...I don't even think God could support it.

LOL, God is the leading cause of death. He obviously has absolutely no problem with murder. God even has no problem with killing children. So let's stop pretending that abortion is anything that God would be against.

God killed the first born children of Egypt just to make a point. I don't see him standing up against abortion....he aborted live innocent children

The Tea Party would do exactly the same thing if they had thought of it and then there would have been a brawl in the balconies.

God killed the first born children of Egypt just to make a point. I don't see him standing up against abortion....he aborted live innocent children

And when god told someone to count all the people...he told him to ignore children under a month old. They didn't count as people.

More like mob rule in action..that ain't democracy that's letting people murder their babies because people are to lazy/incompetent not to get pregnant...

Roe v Wade is the law of the land

At the same time Texas is trying to instil a defacto ban on abortion they are trying to pass a law that allows them to execute 17 year olds

Last edited:
98.5% of all abortions are before 24 weeks, which is the medically accepted minimal time of viability.

And the vast majority of those are before 12 weeks, when the fetus is about the size of a raspberry.

God, or nature, is the most prolific abortionist. 30-50% of all pregnancies are naturally terminated before the 12th week.

Texas abortion bill fails after chaotic stand-off in capital | Fox News

Why were these communistic little fucks dragged out and beaten? Its just like at school they were disruptive and should have been dragged out into the street...fucking little pricks.Their rant should have been WHOO HOO LETS KILL BABIES.

Eat shit you stupid bitch, you right wing hacks are the worst of the worst that want nothing but to shit all over the constitution and to force huge government on the nation.

What do you hate so much about freedom? If you want your dream hard right utopia, move to Iran.

"The measure would have banned abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and would have required all clinics to be graded as surgical centers, with all doctors required to have admitting privileges at hospitals. It's estimated that nearly all of the state's clinics wouldn't have been able to meet the new standards."

Texas abortion bill fails to pass after epic filibuster - U.S. News

Sorry... But Abortions shouldn't happen after 20 weeks and Abortionists should be Legitimate Doctors.

This would have Passed... And the Majority of Texans support it.

If it were the Reverse the Pro-Abortion Left would be Losing their Fucking Minds about "the People's Will" and "Let the Vote happen".

Such is... Yet another example.

:)

peace...

How is that necessary or reasonable?

Why are abortion clinics singled out for this but other surgical outpatient service clinics not?

The rightwing statist progressives in Texas failed yesterday.

They will be back.

They aren't.

Next.

The bill would have protected women and babies. Liberals have spoken..they reject science, safety, and education and they're okay with women dying in order to keep substandard abortion clinics running.

You have legalized backstreet abortions. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back