Texas Abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
All for nothing.

Texas Senate GOP passes restrictive abortion bill

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Amid the deafening roar of abortion rights supporters, Texas Republicans huddled around the Senate podium to pass new abortion restrictions, but whether the vote was cast before or after midnight is in dispute.

Republican Sen. Donna Campbell called the third point of order because of her remarks about a previous law concerning sonograms. Under the rules, lawmakers can vote to end a filibuster after three sustained points of order.

After much back and forth, the GOP voted to end the filibuster minutes before midnight, sparking the raucous response from protesters.

Beyond that, a vote was called and the legislative procedure had begun.
Not certain how a leg process can cease, regardless of time.

I heard the bill would have reduced the number of clinics that perform abortions in Texas down to 5. Is that true?

How many abortions are actually performed after 20 weeks in Texas each year?

How many of those are done to save the life of the mother or avoid undue suffering on the part of the mother and/or future baby?

Answer these questions......and maybe reasonable becomes ridiculous.

Doctors don't want to Perform Abortions... Why is that?...

As for saving the Life of the Mother after 20 weeks.

Link to that happening?...

Give me (1) Texas Woman who's Life was Saved by a post-20-week Abortion.

I'll be here.

:)

peace...

It's hilarious liberals accuse others of "being on the wrong side of history" when they think killing your own child because it is inconvenient is a "fundamental right".

Also, libs, any comments on the hippocratic oath? Does abortion as a form of birth control "do no harm"?

I heard the bill would have reduced the number of clinics that perform abortions in Texas down to 5. Is that true?

How many of those are done to save the life of the mother or avoid undue suffering on the part of the mother and/or future baby?

Great post --

These are the things the anti-medicine and anti-freedom people DON'T want to talk about.

The underage incest victim that doesn't come forward (because she doesn't show) until 18 weeks and her mother (ashamed) doesn't get her to a clinic until 20 weeks.

The anti-women crowd also doesn't like to talk about the fact that we take people off life support (terminate a life) EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

It's hilarious liberals accuse others of "being on the wrong side of history" when they think killing your own child because it is inconvenient is a "fundamental right".

You want to turn terminating a pregnancy into "killing" while calling terminating life support the private decision of a loving family.

You people are the biggest hypocrites walking the planet.

Also, libs, any comments on the hippocratic oath? Does abortion as a form of birth control "do no harm"?

Plan B - not abortion.

First term abortion - no harm

Carrying a seriously deformed fetus to term - Harm

Forcing a rape victim to carry to term - Harm

Forcing an incest victim to carry to term - Harm

Sarah Palin holding her down syndrome baby up as a political prop - HARM

palin_baby_0923.jpg

Because down syndrome infants LOVE screaming crowds!!!:clap2::clap2:

HARM, HARM, HARM...!!

I think the law should exempt liberals. In fact perhaps liberals should be forced to get abortions, just too keep the genepool clean.

Great post --

These are the things the anti-medicine and anti-freedom people DON'T want to talk about.

The underage incest victim that doesn't come forward (because she doesn't show) until 18 weeks and her mother (ashamed) doesn't get her to a clinic until 20 weeks.

The anti-women crowd also doesn't like to talk about the fact that we take people off life support (terminate a life) EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Then maybe parents better start educating their kids on this fact as soon as they are able to understand? Crap...I wouldn't be ashamed, I'd be pissed and everyone would know what that person did to my child no matter who it was! Teach your kids...if you don't, then that's your problem.

And what does this have to do with life support? People are taken off that when there's no hope of recovery. What does that have to do with murdering a baby that isn't even born yet and HAS hope of a long life? Nothing!

...terminating life support the private decision of a loving family.

anyone here ever do that ?

i did, my Father had a living will that stated NO MEANS OF ARTIFICIAL LIFE SUPPORT, after all the gadgets were taken off him, the hospital put him on oxygen and IV, he was in a deep coma and not ever expected to revive, it took me three days and a court order to pull the O2 and IV, as they were "ARTIFICIAL MEANS" of keeping his heart beating and breathing, once those things were removed, i sat holding his hand.., in less than 5 minutes he passed on, he was 95 y.o.

...terminating life support the private decision of a loving family.

anyone here ever do that ?

i did, my Father had a living will that stated NO MEANS OF ARTIFICIAL LIFE SUPPORT, after all the gadgets were taken off him, the hospital put him on oxygen and IV, he was in a deep coma and not ever expected to revive, it took me three days and a court order to pull the O2 and IV, as they were "ARTIFICIAL MEANS" of keeping his heart beating and breathing, once those things were removed, i sat holding his hand.., in less than 5 minutes he passed on, he was 95 y.o.

Sorry you had to go through all that.

Abortions should be able to be applied retroactively.

I could abide that.

Moonbats are always whining about "over population".

It's time they stepped up to the plate and put their welfare checks where their mouth is.

Hell, for all their shrieking about global warming and CO2 you'd think they'd be willing to stop contributing to the "problem" and hold their breath forever.

Imagine how much cooler the world would be if bed wetters stopped exhaling.

i forgot to mention..., "REASONABLE", there is that fucking word liarberals love to use when arguing about "reasonable" gun laws/restrictions.., who is the judge of "reasonable" ? your definition may be 100% different than mine.., hell ! the supreme court can not define "reasonable" !! :up:

this i do agree with 100%

have said that for many years, also prisons should be built underground and flooded once a year !! :up: :evil:

I could abide that.

It's time they stepped up to the plate and put their welfare checks where their mouth is.

Hell, for all their shrieking about global warming and CO2 you'd think they'd be willing to stop contributing to the "problem" and hold their breath forever.

Compassionate conservatism. We care about you when you are a fetus. When you are a grown adult... let them die.

I could abide that.

Compassionate conservatism. We care about you when you are a fetus. When you are a grown adult... let them die.

The right wingers are a bunch of idiots aren't they?

"But those poor poor little angels! Every child is a gift from god and abortion is evil!"

:baby is born:

"Screw you and your baby you good for nothing leech! No funds for food! No funds for health care! No funds for housing! No funds for education! Get off of welfare so I don't have to pay for your hellspawn and get a job!

Last edited:
The Forces of Darkness defeated again.....

AUSTIN — A bill that would have given Texas one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country died amid chaos at the end of the special legislative session overnight.

After Republicans used strict interpretations of Senate rules to knock Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, off her marathon filibuster intended to block a vote on the measure before the midnight Tuesday deadline, abortion-rights advocates watching the session erupted in a loud protest.

After a delay of several minutes, it appeared senators voted 19-10 in favor of the bill, almost entirely along party lines. Democrats said the vote came too late, but Republicans declared victory on the matter.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday, a very upset Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst finally came to the dais to address the press and chamber on the fate of Senate Bill 5 and the crowd that at times drowned out the proceedings.

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired,” Dewhurst said. “Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

Abortion bill dies in Texas Senate after filibuster, crowd outburst | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are much more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back