Texas Abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotsa of posturing and presumptions on what God thinks and what God doesn't think. Does He not work in mysterious ways, if I recall? If I were a believer, I would believe this to be one of those ways.

As for the OP, I think its quite courageous what she's doing. I personally think abortion is wrong in all cases except the health of the mother, but what I think is even more wrong is that men are deciding this issue.

That makes zero sense, in all honesty.

God made His view pont fairly clear when He stated "Thou shall not kill" and "It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

You say if you were a believer, you would happen to believe that this is one of those mysterious ways. Convenient that if you believed God would be agreeing with your current beliefs. Unfortunately, the Lord doesn't usually work that way. Those that believe are often rebuked and taught to behave in ways that isn't our prefered response.

I don't see how a fillibuster, regardless of the topic, is a courageous thing. It may sometimes be a good and sometimes be a bad thing, but it's not courageous for a politician to do what he/she feels he/she should do.

Texas abortion bill fails after chaotic stand-off in capital | Fox News

Why were these communistic little fucks dragged out and beaten? Its just like at school they were disruptive and should have been dragged out into the street...fucking little pricks.Their rant should have been WHOO HOO LETS KILL BABIES.

Eat shit you stupid bitch, you right wing hacks are the worst of the worst that want nothing but to shit all over the constitution and to force huge government on the nation.

What do you hate so much about freedom? If you want your dream hard right utopia, move to Iran.

Pretty sure murder is against the law shit for brains.

Not to mention stamina, determination and fortitude. Something you could only feign on a message board for 30 minutes, and not in front of the Texas Senate for 13 hours, Keyboard Kowboy.

Let's see how great your rack is.

Do you have anything of substance to offer here? Or just your usual bullshit.

Your feelings get hurt so easily.....really. Try manning up.

130626-texas-abortion-01.photoblog600.jpg

Where on earth were his feelings hurt?

Ill take the fact that you didn't bother providing any substance that you dont have any.

They aren't.

Next.

The bill would have protected women and babies. Liberals have spoken..they reject science, safety, and education and they're okay with women dying in order to keep substandard abortion clinics running.

You have legalized backstreet abortions. Congrats.

Backstreet abortions are now legal because women's clinics weren't forced to be shut down and huge government attacks on freedom from the far right were stopped? :lmao:

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Another perfect example of the severe mental illness known as being a right winger.

In the case of human rights violations, which un regulated abortion clinics engage in daily, it doesn't matter if killing is *legal* under the current regime. It's still considered murder, and the people who commit it are still liable for prosecution.

Texas abortion bill fails after chaotic stand-off in capital | Fox News

Why were these communistic little fucks dragged out and beaten? Its just like at school they were disruptive and should have been dragged out into the street...fucking little pricks.Their rant should have been WHOO HOO LETS KILL BABIES.

Eat shit you stupid bitch, you right wing hacks are the worst of the worst that want nothing but to shit all over the constitution and to force huge government on the nation.

What do you hate so much about freedom? If you want your dream hard right utopia, move to Iran.

Pretty sure murder is against the law shit for brains.

It is, but that doesn't stop the GOP. W and his right wing cronies caused the murder of over 4,000 US troops in Iraq.

"The measure would have banned abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and would have required all clinics to be graded as surgical centers, with all doctors required to have admitting privileges at hospitals. It's estimated that nearly all of the state's clinics wouldn't have been able to meet the new standards."

Texas abortion bill fails to pass after epic filibuster - U.S. News

Sorry... But Abortions shouldn't happen after 20 weeks and Abortionists should be Legitimate Doctors.

Abortion doctors are "legitimate doctors" you moron and 20 weeks is before viability.

Texas abortion bill falls after challenge

I don't like this bill. Its bad for women and America.

But I also don't like how it was finally stopped, by a loud mob.

We are a Representative Democracy, NOT a Direct Democracy.

That means that we as a society have decided that in order to make decisions for our society, we The People will elect legislators on a regular basis, to vote on laws.

If we don't like how they vote, we unelect them.

This is just and fair.

What happened last night, tramples upon that fair and just process.

A loud and angry mob prevented the democratic process from functioning.

Sure, the result was good....THIS TIME.

What happens when Texas tries to vote on a gay rights or black right's bill, and the halls are filled with loud & angry Neo-Nazis who don't want the bill to pass?

Will that be ok too?

They aren't.

Next.

The bill would have protected women and babies. Liberals have spoken..they reject science, safety, and education and they're okay with women dying in order to keep substandard abortion clinics running.

Why are abortion clinics singled out for this but other surgical outpatient service clinics not? Do those patients not need the same protections?

They aren't.

Next.

Why are abortion clinics singled out for this but other surgical outpatient service clinics not? Do those patients not need the same protections?

Because they are trying to make getting an abortion as expensive and difficult as possible for everyone involved under the guise of caring about people they consider to be cold blooded murderers.

of course you already knew that

It also tends to help to be asking God to bless for things God supports.

As if you would know what that is...

I'm very much aware of what the things of God are becaue I've studied his word and recieved counsel from Him. All people can know God's will if they seek it.

Well, no, actually what you've studied are words from humans who told you the words came from God,

but you're entitled to that personal belief.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are much more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

You can pretend a child isn't a human being just because he/she would be in a womb.

You are in favor of killing children out of convenience and have the audacity to say others are abusing for wanting those kids not to be kids and wanting parents to take responsibility for their children?

Also, the bill in question simply prevents abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and requires that abortions occur in an ambulatory surgical facility. Neither of which bans abortion, nor prevents a person from killing their child.

Finally, unborn children do have a right to defend themselves. What they lack is the ability to defend themselves. That's why parents have a responsibility to defend their offspring. It's completely horrendous that it's the parents committing these atrocities to their children.

We are setting ourselves up to destroy ourselves.

The vast majority of Texas State Senators voted for this bill, but the mob prevented democracy from taking place.

Not good.

God cannot bless murder. I'm sorry. If you are killing for want and nothing else...I don't even think God could support it.

LOL, God is the leading cause of death. He obviously has absolutely no problem with murder. God even has no problem with killing children. So let's stop pretending that abortion is anything that God would be against.

God has the keys of life and death. That is why he has given mankind strict commandments concerning how life begins and life ends. I cannot imagine that you don't see the difference between the lawful giving and taking of life verses the unlawful giving and taking of life.

The Lord has paid for our lives with His blood. He has enabled every one of us to rise from the dead, no matter what we do. It's his right to determine when and where we come into the world and leave it no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

How about one of these days you try to get to know God instead of mocking things you admit you dont know anything about?

98.5% of all abortions are before 24 weeks, which is the medically accepted minimal time of viability.

And the vast majority of those are before 12 weeks, when the fetus is about the size of a raspberry.

God, or nature, is the most prolific abortionist. 30-50% of all pregnancies are naturally terminated before the 12th week.

Than you admit that your outrage and limiting abortion to 20 weeks and requiring them to be done in a surgical facility for the safety of the mother is faux outrage.

God cannot bless murder. I'm sorry. If you are killing for want and nothing else...I don't even think God could support it.

LOL, God is the leading cause of death. He obviously has absolutely no problem with murder. God even has no problem with killing children. So let's stop pretending that abortion is anything that God would be against.

God has the keys of life and death. That is why he has given mankind strict commandments concerning how life begins and life ends. I cannot imagine that you don't see the difference between the lawful giving and taking of life verses the unlawful giving and taking of life.

The Lord has paid for our lives with His blood. He has enabled every one of us to rise from the dead, no matter what we do. It's his right to determine when and where we come into the world and leave it no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

How about one of these days you try to get to know God instead of mocking things you admit you dont know anything about?

I know plenty about God. More than you it seems. God, if he were to exist, would certainly not be against abortion because, if he were to exist, is certainly the greatest cause of death we have ever known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back