TEST--- are you a CONSERVATIVE or a LIBERAL????

Woah, look at welfare queen being loud and proud :clap2:

Tell me you live in trailer park and married to your cousin so the stereotype fits completely.

Proud? Not exactly. Working my ass off to get back to work. And at least I'm not afraid to admit that I've hit a bump in the road.

Yeah early in the morning having your ass sitting on the forum. Just don't get overworked. Meanwhile enjoy my liberal dollars saving your conservative butt.

We are on this board to talk politics. It gets hot sometimes and personal insults are thrown around freely. But in the end.....it is just politics.
People on this board have real lives. They work, raise families, get sick and go about their daily lives. We need to draw a line somewhere between peoples politics and peoples lives.

Attack their politics...but leave their lives alone

Proud? Not exactly. Working my ass off to get back to work. And at least I'm not afraid to admit that I've hit a bump in the road.

Yeah early in the morning having your ass sitting on the forum. Just don't get overworked. Meanwhile enjoy my liberal dollars saving your conservative butt.

We are on this board to talk politics. It gets hot sometimes and personal insults are thrown around freely. But in the end.....it is just politics.
People on this board have real lives. They work, raise families, get sick and go about their daily lives. We need to draw a line somewhere between peoples politics and peoples lives.

Well said! :clap2::clap2:

Woah, look at welfare queen being loud and proud :clap2:

Tell me you live in trailer park and married to your cousin so the stereotype fits completely.

Your understanding of the unemployment system is very poor. First, Immie's previous employer paid into the system for just such an emergency. "Your" dollars have nothing to do with it. "Your" dollars are going to liberal, probably never worked, asses. Our poster in question had a job. Currently they are in a position they can't help those liberal asses. Selling weed on the corner really isn't considered work Kex.

I've always liked you but not always agreed with you, but your rating just went up 1000% in my book. I am not taking offense to Kex' position. Not even sure it is a serious attack.

He's making a point, but I'm not yet sure what point he is trying to make.

He said, I was mocking someone and I think he meant I was mocking unemployment and welfare which is far from the truth. I am currently unemployed. I work in the accounting field and in this field positions change from time to time. The company I worked for had to make a choice, let me go or close the doors which would have meant letting me go anyway, so they let me go with severance.

Times are tough everywhere and for everyone and despite what Washington is telling us, things are not getting any better. I'm not blaming that on the President or his administration either. It is simply the economy and was going to happen one way or another. I hope this country will pull out of this time soon, however, I am concerned about HRC. More government spending that I do not believe we can afford. I believe Congress wants to do the right thing, but I don't believe, among other things, the removal of our liberties (the right to choose whether or not to have insurance), penalizing small business, and increasing the size of government are the ways to achieve this.

I'd like to believe that America can pull through this period in our history and come out on the other side a better place than it was before... and all in one piece. I'm praying for that. But, I am simply not certain that it can.

The violence that has been threatened is mild, so far. I hope and pray it stays that way and then finally fades away and I believe it will. But, I am not sure that the citizens of this great country have not allowed the two parties to divide and conquer us.

Immie

RW, careful, that sort of post can pry some rep some me.

Already did from me and I rarely ever mention publicly when I rep someone.

Immie

Already did from me and I rarely ever mention publicly when I rep someone.

Immie
Me too! :lol:

gee willikers and here i done think life and politicks were a bit more complex dan dat! golly gee willikers agin - did sure do make it easy, did dat sarah gal come up with dat wunderful test???

"The wise man reads both books and life itself." Lin Yutang

gee willikers and here i done think life and politicks were a bit more complex dan dat! golly gee willikers agin - did sure do make it easy, did dat sarah gal come up with dat wunderful test???

What!?

Immie

What!?

Immie

midcan must have just returned from a Biden intro to an 0bama victory rally.

If a conservative is on welfare, s/he doesn't knock the government.

what do you think tbagrs are, moguls? these clowns are clutching signs during business hours. 1+1=2.

Gee asswipe, I attended a Tea Party last year. I met another Retired Military person and stood there with him and an old friend I ran into who was medically retired during Nam. I think your math has a hole in it.

wrong asswipe, sarge, i have no problem with our government's policies for retirees, whether millitary or otherwise. at your teaparty, however, like it or not, you were surrounded by people who didnt comprehend the mechanics by which all of your retirement benefits and compensation for active service was made possible.

the extent that the movement has taken the minimalist government banner is a joke, and despite you potentially not subscribing to the all the rhetoric, you are banded with people protesting against what makes your retirement solvent and helps to keep our economy going.

what do you think tbagrs are, moguls? these clowns are clutching signs during business hours. 1+1=2.

Gee asswipe, I attended a Tea Party last year. I met another Retired Military person and stood there with him and an old friend I ran into who was medically retired during Nam. I think your math has a hole in it.

wrong asswipe, sarge, i have no problem with our government's policies for retirees, whether millitary or otherwise. at your teaparty, however, like it or not, you were surrounded by people who didnt comprehend the mechanics by which all of your retirement benefits and compensation for active service was made possible.

the extent that the movement has taken the minimalist government banner is a joke, and despite you potentially not subscribing to the all the rhetoric, you are banded with people protesting against what makes your retirement solvent and helps to keep our economy going.

Basically, at these rallies, you have retired military, pensioneers and semi retired people complaining about the cost of Government. But don't you dare look at the cost of providing Veterans benefits and pensions, don't touch Social Security or Medicare. It is the OTHER peoples benefits that they want cut out

What? You have accused all tea party members of being out of work losers, and then come up with this line of Bull? The Tea party has great respect for the military and retirees, half of them fall into those categories. The others? I don't know what they do or don't do. Today many of them are probably on Unemployment. A system that their former employers paid into. And I'm glad you believe my retirement is solvent because I worry about which benefits the Democrats will take away from retired military next.

Basically, at these rallies, you have retired military, pensioneers and semi retired people complaining about the cost of Government. But don't you dare look at the cost of providing Veterans benefits and pensions, don't touch Social Security or Medicare. It is the OTHER peoples benefits that they want cut out

I think it is fair to suggest that these programs will have to face some cuts in a mutual sharing of the burden. I also think it is a completely different set of circumstances when you throw people who worked and earned a benefit that they also paid into in many cases, up against entitlements with no work or sacrifice required. Do you think you could that least make that distinction RW?

You have the same things at other kinds of rallies too. During the Bush Admin, liberals complained about the funding for the war, but don't even think about touching Welfare, Social Security etc.

Immie

They do if they live here on this board where they can masquerade as anti-welfare conservatives. Ever wonder who feeds, houses, pays the bills of those cons who can be found here 24/7??

Actually it's not all that complicated, of course, liberals will attempt to make it more complicated because they THINK that they are soooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than everyone else. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it is fair to suggest that these programs will have to face some cuts in a mutual sharing of the burden. I also think it is a completely different set of circumstances when you throw people who worked and earned a benefit that they also paid into in many cases, up against entitlements with no work or sacrifice required. Do you think you could that least make that distinction RW?

Of course......But all these programs still put a burden on the taxpayer. Want to offer up your military pension or VA benefits? Want to offer up a cut in your Social Security check or Medicare benefits while you scream in protest about Government spending?

But we all know that is not what they are so voicefully protesting. They are protesting against benefits that others will receive, but they don't need

They do if they live here on this board where they can masquerade as anti-welfare conservatives. Ever wonder who feeds, houses, pays the bills of those cons who can be found here 24/7??

There are not many conservatives that are on welfare, if they are it's a very temporary solution, we beleive in smaller government and more importantly we absolutely believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. and paying our own way through hard work, etc. Something that totally evades the liberal mindset.:cuckoo::cuckoo: The liberals have their hands out everytime they turn around. They look for others to provide for their every need.

" A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. " Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

There are not many conservatives that are on welfare, if they are it's a very temporary solution, we beleive in smaller government and more importantly we absolutely believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. and paying our own way through hard work, etc. Something that totally evades the liberal mindset.:cuckoo::cuckoo: The liberals have their hands out everytime they turn around. They look for others to provide for their every need.
Unemployment and social security are not welfare programs, though the later is an entitlement. Of course if they didn't exist people could save more money and not need them.

Have you heard the latest? The Democrats suddenly think that perhaps privatizing 'at least part of' social security may be a good idea. Too bad wasn't 8 years ago, people in their 50's would have started in 40's and so forth, downward.

Forum List

Back