Tennessee Seeks tonBar Same Sex Marriage

There is no "gay marriage right." You're confusing "rights" with "privileges".

You also have no "right" to an abortion, a free education, free internet, free housing, free food, or a free telephone. Go back and re-read the Constitution and get back to me when you're done.

Yes, you are correct that there is not "right" to be married. However, if the gov't offers benefits to citizens, they must be offered equally.

The 14th Amendment is the law of the land. The equal protection clause applies here.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

I still do not understand why same sex marriage is an issue. It is consenting adults entering into the state of matrimony. It has no effect on anyone else except those who marry someone of the same gender.
They are offered equally to those who meet the criteria of potential parenting. Procreation. Hetero relationships. Homos can’t procreate as homos.
This is the same worn out, lost argument that close minded homofascists won’t give up on.

If procreation were a criteria of marriage, you might have a point. It isn't. You don't.
I have been married twice. No where in any license was there mention of children. Hetero couples who are sterile are allowed to marry. How many women who have had their uterus removed have gotten married? Homosexual couples have children via other means, just like many, many heterosexual couples.

The "marriage is for procreation" is what is the same worn out, lost argument. It doesn't hold water. The proof is in the fact that those who cannot possibly have children are still allowed to marry.

As I said, same sex marriage has no effect on you. Why do you care?
We’ve been through this too many times; the people who invented marriage, legal or otherwise, never thought they’d have to explain that marriage exists for the purpose of creating families and survival of the species.
Like the guy who invented the latex glove wouldn’t think that he’d be compelled by law to explain that it’s not a synthetic cow udder.
Same sex couples do create families like anyone else and our species, unfortunately, is in no danger of extinction
Homos cannot procreate. They still require the opposite gender which makes it hetero.

Yes, you are correct that there is not "right" to be married. However, if the gov't offers benefits to citizens, they must be offered equally.

The 14th Amendment is the law of the land. The equal protection clause applies here.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

I still do not understand why same sex marriage is an issue. It is consenting adults entering into the state of matrimony. It has no effect on anyone else except those who marry someone of the same gender.
They are offered equally to those who meet the criteria of potential parenting. Procreation. Hetero relationships. Homos can’t procreate as homos.
This is the same worn out, lost argument that close minded homofascists won’t give up on.

If procreation were a criteria of marriage, you might have a point. It isn't. You don't.
I have been married twice. No where in any license was there mention of children. Hetero couples who are sterile are allowed to marry. How many women who have had their uterus removed have gotten married? Homosexual couples have children via other means, just like many, many heterosexual couples.

The "marriage is for procreation" is what is the same worn out, lost argument. It doesn't hold water. The proof is in the fact that those who cannot possibly have children are still allowed to marry.

We’ve been through this too many times; the people who invented marriage, legal or otherwise, never thought they’d have to explain that marriage exists for the purpose of creating families and survival of the species.
Like the guy who invented the latex glove wouldn’t think that he’d be compelled by law to explain that it’s not a synthetic cow udder.
Same sex couples do create families like anyone else and our species, unfortunately, is in no danger of extinction
Homos cannot procreate. They still require the opposite gender which makes it hetero.
So?

They dont create, they merge. They need outside help, unlike a heterosexual.
Its a stupid argument.
Gays should be able to adopt and get married because with ridiculous arguments like that, you look dumb.
What the fuck are you blathering about. That isn't even coherent. What do you have to say about hetero couples who" need outside help" There are many you know.
2 queers cant create a human, you imbecile.
They cant create a family. They can only merge one. Or seek outside help.
Calling me an imbecile does not make you sound smart'

I'm well aware of how babies are made

I'm also aware of the fact that two people being able to create a child in the usual "approved " manner does not in itself qualify them tp be parents

What exactly is your problem? You claim to support gay marriage and adoption, but continue to denigrate them with slurs and pursue this stupid issue about procreation as a means of setting gay couples apart as inferior.

Actually, it is because once a right is given, it cannot be taken back.
View attachment 245543
Ok, give an example in our nation's history of when a equal right was extended to a group, it was taken away again.

Never was. Existing right disappear all the time. This isn’t even a real issue. All it is is polititions pandering to a group of dumb white apes who are confused about biology.

You might be right. Considering there are documented examples of homosexuality and same gender pairings in numerous species, perhaps the Tennessee legislators are simply confused about biology.

And procreation is still not a legal requirement for marriage.

View attachment 245543
Ok, give an example in our nation's history of when a equal right was extended to a group, it was taken away again.

Never was. Existing right disappear all the time. This isn’t even a real issue. All it is is polititions pandering to a group of dumb white apes who are confused about biology.

You might be right. Considering there are documented examples of homosexuality and same gender pairings in numerous species, perhaps the Tennessee legislators are simply confused about biology.

You made my point. Killing is also documented in multiple species, so is cannibalisem and incest, yet there are no specal voting advocates for that stuff. At least none that are taken seriously.

View attachment 245543

You made my point. Killing is also documented in multiple species, so is cannibalisem and incest, yet there are no specal voting advocates for that stuff. At least none that are taken seriously.

And all of those things cause harm.

What harm does a same sex marriage cause? In fact, what effect does it have on you at all?

Its a stupid argument.
Gays should be able to adopt and get married because with ridiculous arguments like that, you look dumb.
What the fuck are you blathering about. That isn't even coherent. What do you have to say about hetero couples who" need outside help" There are many you know.

I'm also aware of the fact that two people being able to create a child in the usual "approved " manner does not in itself qualify them tp be parents

What exactly is your problem? You claim to support gay marriage and adoption, but continue to denigrate them with slurs and pursue this stupid issue about procreation as a means of setting gay couples apart as inferior.
Stating facts isnt denigrating them.
I never said having babies made a couple superior.
You are arguing shit i never said

The amount of time, energy, and state money these state legislators spend on this stupidity is astonishing. Don't they have any real responsibilities?

The 14th Amendment exists, Obergefell is precedential, and it would do a great deal of damage to our country and legal system to allow the passing of legislation that is totally ideological in origin and has nothing to do with any legitimate government interest.

Are the people who try to pass these laws "normal"?

They are using the legislative process to voice their views, as is proper.

Obergfell overstepped the bounds of constitutionality, plain and simple. At best what they should have done is force all States to recognize valid Marriage licenses from other States as they always have under full faith and credit, regardless of if the license met the in-state requirements.
Obergefell did not overstep any bounds of constitutionality. Please review the 14th Amendment.
Outside of any constitutional argument, just what is your beef? The question of legal marriage is a CIVIL matter. Now, LGBTs can get married under CIVIL law and enjoy the LEGAL benefits of doing so.
Please recognize the difference between CIVIL LAW and the rules of whatever religion you have freely chosen to follow. Being legally married is under our U.S. civil law.
What being married means to you, under your chosen religion or ideology is up to you.
One of my uncles married a woman and had one child with her, my cousin. They divorced, and he married another, and had three children with her. They were never married in the Catholic Churrch with full ceremony, but they were married under civil law.
Marriage under civil U.S. law is so different than the concept of marriage that exists in the religious law that you choose to follow.

The issue is the creation of rights because people feel like it over sound principles. The 14th amendment isn't an open book that allows anything under "equal" to be inserted into it.

The issue is marriage contracts have always been the responsibility of the States. Using the courts to all of a sudden say a new concept such as SSM is now somehow a right is an end run around the constitution on dubious legal grounds. Obergfell would have been on much more sound legal footing if all they did was say even if a State doesn't want to issue SSM licenses, they had to recognize SSM licenses issued by other States (that passed it legislatively) under full faith and credit.

And your protestations about letting people be and do what they want falls hollow considering you are one of the "BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT" mafia members.

We all know your true goal is forcing acceptance as opposed to tolerance, and you will use government as a bludgeon to do it.

Also, I always find it comical when progressive thugs like you read into amendments to three of four layers to get what you want while ignoring the 2nd amendment's blunt assurance of the people's right to keep and bear arms. Of course expecting honestly and fairness out of a progressive hack like you is asking too much.
Equal treatment under the law stands under the 14th Amendment.
Once a right is established, it is established for all.
I am not a "thug."
Laws created only to please adherents of a particular ideology are not acceptable in the United States.
"Mafia members"? What is a "mafia member" to stand up for our public-public-accommodation laws and insist that they be followed as a condition of being licensed to do business in our communities?
Since the Muslim term "sharia 'law" has now become to stand for "religious law" in general, to which form of sharia law do you adhere? You seem to be in agreement that a state in the United States of America should be entitled to enforce some form of sharia law on its citizens.
CIVIL LAW is very different than the law that you accept when you choose a religion. Remember that choosing a religion is choosing a lifestyle. From your post, it appears that you have chosen, freely, a lifestyle that involves some mixture of the "Christian faith," guns, and hatred of LGBTs. It is a bizarre cult..

What harm does a same sex marriage cause? In fact, what effect does it have on you at all?

Does any of that cause harm? All of them can be practiced in a peaceable non violent manner by humans. How would cannibalisem hurt you? Or incest? And murder? A few weeks ago we had thousands cheer the legalization of birthing a child, naming forceps in its head and sucking outnumbered its brain with an industrial suction device, yet you refuse to recognize to Fay’s need to be affirmed and all the sudden your Pol Pot?

Ok, don't accept them as normal. That does not change the SCOTUS ruling.

And whether you accept them as normal is irrelevant. I am straight, and I don't know many people who consider me "normal". Someone else getting married and enjoying the hundreds of gov't benefits bestowed on married couples has nothing to do with being normal.

Same sex couples getting married does not effect you at all.

That's true, and to be honest I don't give a half a shit. I am really just tired of hearing about it. If Tennessee or Texas want to outlaw it, I don't care, if most of the people in those states don't want queers running around and prefer to make life less than hospitable by outlawing their silly twisted "families", then so what? IF NY and Commiefornia want to compel people to try perverse lifestyles, I don't care.

The thing is, the queer mafia has mad life harder for people who don't want to participate at all in gay celebrations and parties by forcing them to provide services for them against their will. So as long as they're doing that, I'll support a hard line against them every chance I get. Shutting down bakeries and demonizing Pizza shops who prefer not to cater to them is where I drew the line. Now they have freaks going into schools to indoctrinate small children about how freaks are normal, and people who like to be normal are bigots.

We've become extremely tolerant of gays in the US, possibly more so than anywhere else I've been. That wasn't good enough though. They weren't after tolerance or equality though, they were after special treatment.

Very disturbing post.

he actually said he doesn't care which minority group they kill.....

now THAT is the essence of modern conservatism!

'Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act' seeks to strip gay marriage rights

I really have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people! My only question is, are they so stupid and blindly driven by their bigotry that they don't know that any federal judge will immediately slap on injunction on this- because they would have to given the Obergefell precedent- OR is a a strategy to get the case back to SCOTUS?

My guess is that they are anticipating and provoking a court fight, but even if it gets to SCOTUS there is no certainty that Obergefell will be overturned. Never in our history a right-once established- been revoked. A Roberts, who seems to have become the new swing vote, is aware of the outrage that would insue and the stain on his legacy that it would inflict.

Nearly four years after the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal throughout the U.S. in its landmark Obergefell v. Hodges decision, Republican lawmakers in Tennessee are attempting to turn back the clock with legislation aimed at barring gay marriage in the state.

The "Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act," which was first proposed in 2016, seeks to "defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." The bill, which was reintroduced on Friday, would deem the high court's Obergefell decision "unauthoritative, void, and of no effect."

And that is not all

The reintroduced "natural marriage" law, however, "isn't the only anti-LGBT bill on the docket right now," noted Sanders. He said there are at least five other bills in the state legislature that may threaten the rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. One of these bills, which was introduced in both the state House and Senate (Pody is the sponsor of the Senate bill), seeks to allow private adoption agencies to decline to participate in any child placement services that would "violate the agency's written religious or moral convictions." This type of legislation, which can already be found in 10 states across the U.S., creates barriers for LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples looking to adopt or foster.

These people have to be, and will be stopped.
Someone should tell them that ship has sailed.

Its a stupid argument.

Stating facts isnt denigrating them.
I never said having babies made a couple superior.
You are arguing shit i never said
Using slurs is denigrating them . No you never said having babies made a couple superior. But your harping on the baby thing implies it I'm going to call bullshit on your claim of supporting gay rights

Does any of that cause harm? All of them can be practiced in a peaceable non violent manner by humans. How would cannibalisem hurt you? Or incest? And murder? A few weeks ago we had thousands cheer the legalization of birthing a child, naming forceps in its head and sucking outnumbered its brain with an industrial suction device, yet you refuse to recognize to Fay’s need to be affirmed and all the sudden your Pol Pot?
Spare us your bullshit false equivalency logical fallacies and red herring that you use to try to hide the fact that you discuss the issue intelligently like an adult.

Spare us your bullshit false equivalency logical fallacies and red herring that you use to try to hide the fact that you discuss the issue intelligently like an adult.

You forgot to point out that you are Jewish Capo.

Killing people harms those people (and others).
Cannibals typically kill people to eat them. See above.
Incest drastically increases the chances of severe birth defects, and can cause psychological problems in the child. Similar to abuse.

As for the late term abortion laws, I have no voiced any opinion on them at all. I am talking about same sex marriage.

Jewish Capo? WTF does that have to do with the topic?

Jewish Capo? WTF does that have to do with the topic?

Term of endearment. Nothing more.

You forgot to point out that you are not only a Christian, but a member of a right-wing cult that calls itself "Christian."

You forgot to point out that you are not only a Christian, but a member of a right-wing cult that calls itself "Christian."

Lol, if it makes you feel good.

Forum List

Back