Justice Sonia Sotomayor Says Every Supreme Court Loss 'Traumatizes' Her, but She'll 'Keep on Fighting'

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Seriously?

Please, please other Justices, more trauma for Sonia.

And who talks like that but a hardcore leftist, a Communist.

Sonia, no one is targeting LGBTQXYZ, they are the ones targeting.

And Liberty means I don't have to do something antithetical to me because the government forces me, as you would do, Sonia.

The liberal justice, who was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, opened up about her feelings on the court backtracking precedent in recent years, including reversing Roe v. Wade in 2022, due to the bench’s 6-3 conservative majority.

“I live in frustration… every loss truly traumatizes me, in my stomach and in my heart,” Sotomayor said at a University of California, Berkeley School of Law event on Monday. “But I have to get up the next morning and keep on fighting.”

Sotomayor has previously voiced concerns about the current Roberts Court, including a “growing” worry that separation of church and state has been disregarded since President Donald Trump appointed conservative justices Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.

Last year, she wrote a scathing dissent on the court's landmark ruling on LGBTQ discrimination case 303 Creative LLC v. Elenis, which ruled that a Christian web designer should not be required to design wedding websites for same-sex clients.

In the dissenting opinion, Sotomayor called the modern targeting of LGBTQ people "heartbreaking," and passionately wrote about the negative impact her colleagues' decision will have.

"Time and again, businesses and other commercial entities have claimed constitutional rights to discriminate," Sotomayor wrote. "And time and again, this Court has courageously stood up to those claims—until today. Today, the Court shrinks."

/indent]

She is ignorant
She is not there to win nor lose. She is there to rule on existing law versus disappointment in “losing”
That abhorrent statement shows she was agenda oriented and Was Never qualified to be there.

She must be getting tired of having to get up early every day to appear for her many Supreme Court duties. I'm surprised she's lasted this long. Sotomayor should retire while Biden is still in office and Dems control the Senate.

She must be getting tired of having to get up early every day to appear for her many Supreme Court duties. I'm surprised she's lasted this long. Sotomayor should retire while Biden is still in office and Dems control the Senate.
Diabetes takes time.

Seriously?

Please, please other Justices, more trauma for Sonia.

And who talks like that but a hardcore leftist, a Communist.

Sonia, no one is targeting LGBTQXYZ, they are the ones targeting.

And Liberty means I don't have to do something antithetical to me because the government forces me, as you would do, Sonia.

The liberal justice, who was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, opened up about her feelings on the court backtracking precedent in recent years, including reversing Roe v. Wade in 2022, due to the bench’s 6-3 conservative majority.
“I live in frustration… every loss truly traumatizes me, in my stomach and in my heart,” Sotomayor said at a University of California, Berkeley School of Law event on Monday. “But I have to get up the next morning and keep on fighting.”
Sotomayor has previously voiced concerns about the current Roberts Court, including a “growing” worry that separation of church and state has been disregarded since President Donald Trump appointed conservative justices Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.
Last year, she wrote a scathing dissent on the court's landmark ruling on LGBTQ discrimination case 303 Creative LLC v. Elenis, which ruled that a Christian web designer should not be required to design wedding websites for same-sex clients.
In the dissenting opinion, Sotomayor called the modern targeting of LGBTQ people "heartbreaking," and passionately wrote about the negative impact her colleagues' decision will have.
"Time and again, businesses and other commercial entities have claimed constitutional rights to discriminate," Sotomayor wrote. "And time and again, this Court has courageously stood up to those claims—until today. Today, the Court shrinks."
.../indent]​

She should quit. She's not smart enough to do the job.

She should take Trump to court over him creating her duress and state she can’t remember how, when, what, where but she Knows it was him who did it and find one lunatic Trump hating “judge” to agree.

Why does she consider Constitutional issues to be a fight? Is she on the opposite side?
BINGO1.gif

Forum List

Back