Tennessee Seeks tonBar Same Sex Marriage

I find it sick that some christians believe that they have the right to force their religion on our nation and expect those of us who aren't christian to have to follow their religious laws. We don't. Religious laws have absolutely no legal standing in our nation. No one can use religion as a reason to violate our laws and our laws aren't based on any religion.

I wonder how those christians would feel or react if I tried to force my faith on them? Or how about if someone tried to force islamic faith and law on them? I'm sure they would be screaming about freedom of religion and separation of religion and government. However, when it comes to christian laws they are the first to scream that they have the right to force it on our nation.

What you fail to realize is that most of America's laws are based upon our Judeo-Christian faith. Almighty God said "thou shalt not bear false witness", the state uses that as the reason to prohibit Perjury. Likewise Almighty God said "thou shalt not steal", the basis of our laws today against larceny and embezzlement. Should we legalize those things as well? they are religiously based too.

I was simply correcting you. They cant create a family. You said they could, which is wrong.
What the fuck do you call this? IF not families what are they.? What is your definition of a family? Again, I calling bullshit on your claim that you support gay rights.

They didnt CREATE. Good gawd man. Are you that stupid?
I believe in equal rights for everyone from the govt. Idc if you believe me or not.
If i was against gays getting married, i wouldnt say it.
You think im scared to say what i feel? :lol:
You are aggravatingly obtuse or your just playing a sick and dishonest game. YOU said that they did not/ could not create a family? A family is created when people form a family unit and function as a FAMILY. The fact that they did not create those child as a couple does not change that Would you also say that a straight couple who adopted, or where a child is from another marriage did not create their family. Your pursuit of this issue has me convinced that your a bigot because it emphasizes how they might be different, when they are the same in so many more important ways. Yet you are too dishonest to admit it.
Yes i would say that. Am i bigoted against straits as well?
Everyone is a bigot. Even you

What the fuck are you blathering about. That isn't even coherent. What do you have to say about hetero couples who" need outside help" There are many you know.
2 queers cant create a human, you imbecile.
They cant create a family. They can only merge one. Or seek outside help.
Calling me an imbecile does not make you sound smart'

I'm well aware of how babies are made

I'm also aware of the fact that two people being able to create a child in the usual "approved " manner does not in itself qualify them tp be parents

What exactly is your problem? You claim to support gay marriage and adoption, but continue to denigrate them with slurs and pursue this stupid issue about procreation as a means of setting gay couples apart as inferior.
Stating facts isnt denigrating them.
I never said having babies made a couple superior.
You are arguing shit i never said
Using slurs is denigrating them . No you never said having babies made a couple superior. But your harping on the baby thing implies it I'm going to call bullshit on your claim of supporting gay rights
I said queer. Whoopty do
I was simply correcting you. They cant create a family. You said they could, which is wrong.
I dont give a damn whether you think i believe gays should be married or not.
I dont believe in govt discrimination in any form. So GFY.
Shrill for someone who "dont give a damn".

If procreation were a criteria of marriage, you might have a point. It isn't. You don't.
I have been married twice. No where in any license was there mention of children. Hetero couples who are sterile are allowed to marry. How many women who have had their uterus removed have gotten married? Homosexual couples have children via other means, just like many, many heterosexual couples.

The "marriage is for procreation" is what is the same worn out, lost argument. It doesn't hold water. The proof is in the fact that those who cannot possibly have children are still allowed to marry.

As I said, same sex marriage has no effect on you. Why do you care?
We’ve been through this too many times; the people who invented marriage, legal or otherwise, never thought they’d have to explain that marriage exists for the purpose of creating families and survival of the species.
Like the guy who invented the latex glove wouldn’t think that he’d be compelled by law to explain that it’s not a synthetic cow udder.
Same sex couples do create families like anyone else and our species, unfortunately, is in no danger of extinction
Homos cannot procreate. They still require the opposite gender which makes it hetero.
So?
Then there is no need for any legal recognition of or acquiescence to their homo relationship. It’s 100% personal.
They have children in their care. Children benefit from the legal protections, social status and financial advantages of having two legal guardians who are married. To deny that is just plain stupid

I find it sick that some christians believe that they have the right to force their religion on our nation and expect those of us who aren't christian to have to follow their religious laws. We don't. Religious laws have absolutely no legal standing in our nation. No one can use religion as a reason to violate our laws and our laws aren't based on any religion.

I wonder how those christians would feel or react if I tried to force my faith on them? Or how about if someone tried to force islamic faith and law on them? I'm sure they would be screaming about freedom of religion and separation of religion and government. However, when it comes to christian laws they are the first to scream that they have the right to force it on our nation.

What you fail to realize is that most of America's laws are based upon our Judeo-Christian faith. Almighty God said "thou shalt not bear false witness", the state uses that as the reason to prohibit Perjury. Likewise Almighty God said "thou shalt not steal", the basis of our laws today against larceny and embezzlement. Should we legalize those things as well? they are religiously based too.
No....most of our laws are NOT based on judeo-christian faith. Almost none of them are. People were against lying way before this judeo god came along.....people all over the world were against stealing before Moses said it was bad. And so on and so forth.....Every culture has a version of a golden rule...that doesn't need to have come from a backwater tiny culture from the Middle East over 3000 years ago.

What the fuck do you call this? IF not families what are they.? What is your definition of a family? Again, I calling bullshit on your claim that you support gay rights.

I believe in equal rights for everyone from the govt. Idc if you believe me or not.
You are aggravatingly obtuse or your just playing a sick and dishonest game. YOU said that they did not/ could not create a family? A family is created when people form a family unit and function as a FAMILY. The fact that they did not create those child as a couple does not change that Would you also say that a straight couple who adopted, or where a child is from another marriage did not create their family. Your pursuit of this issue has me convinced that your a bigot because it emphasizes how they might be different, when they are the same in so many more important ways. Yet you are too dishonest to admit it.
Apparently you are bigoted against people who, for whatever reason, can't produce a child as a couple. It doesn't get any more idiotic than that.

No....most of our laws are NOT based on judeo-christian faith. Almost none of them are. People were against lying way before this judeo god came along.....people all over the world were against stealing before Moses said it was bad. And so on and so forth.....Every culture has a version of a golden rule...that doesn't need to have come from a backwater tiny culture from the Middle East over 3000 years ago.
That tiny backwater culture still exists while the others have gone the way of Babylon.

And all of those things cause harm.

What harm does a same sex marriage cause? In fact, what effect does it have on you at all?

Does any of that cause harm? All of them can be practiced in a peaceable non violent manner by humans. How would cannibalisem hurt you? Or incest? And murder? A few weeks ago we had thousands cheer the legalization of birthing a child, naming forceps in its head and sucking outnumbered its brain with an industrial suction device, yet you refuse to recognize to Fay’s need to be affirmed and all the sudden your Pol Pot?

Killing people harms those people (and others).
Cannibals typically kill people to eat them. See above.
Incest drastically increases the chances of severe birth defects, and can cause psychological problems in the child. Similar to abuse.

As for the late term abortion laws, I have no voiced any opinion on them at all. I am talking about same sex marriage.

1.Not if the people want to die.

2.see above. Who are you to say?

3.but it’s consenting adults. If they are willing, who are you to say?

4. Marriage is just a thing. In the case of same sex marriage as it’s argued here, it’s nothing but a thing to get little Halley face “thank hous” on USMB. It’s not even a real issue.
If it's not an issue why are you here with your idiotic horseshit

Why you gott announce your Jewish all the time? If you don’t like it then ignore if. No go fuck your self capo.
upload_2019-2-13_16-32-49.jpeg
th

I cant even support qat marriage without you faggots riding my ass. You damn bigots.
Do i have to suck a cock to get some recognition around here?

Apparently you are bigoted against people who, for whatever reason, can't produce a child as a couple. It doesn't get any more idiotic than that.
Lol you got to be fuckin joking :lol:

'Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act' seeks to strip gay marriage rights

I really have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people! My only question is, are they so stupid and blindly driven by their bigotry that they don't know that any federal judge will immediately slap on injunction on this- because they would have to given the Obergefell precedent- OR is a a strategy to get the case back to SCOTUS?

My guess is that they are anticipating and provoking a court fight, but even if it gets to SCOTUS there is no certainty that Obergefell will be overturned. Never in our history a right-once established- been revoked. A Roberts, who seems to have become the new swing vote, is aware of the outrage that would insue and the stain on his legacy that it would inflict.

Nearly four years after the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal throughout the U.S. in its landmark Obergefell v. Hodges decision, Republican lawmakers in Tennessee are attempting to turn back the clock with legislation aimed at barring gay marriage in the state.

The "Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act," which was first proposed in 2016, seeks to "defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." The bill, which was reintroduced on Friday, would deem the high court's Obergefell decision "unauthoritative, void, and of no effect."

And that is not all

The reintroduced "natural marriage" law, however, "isn't the only anti-LGBT bill on the docket right now," noted Sanders. He said there are at least five other bills in the state legislature that may threaten the rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. One of these bills, which was introduced in both the state House and Senate (Pody is the sponsor of the Senate bill), seeks to allow private adoption agencies to decline to participate in any child placement services that would "violate the agency's written religious or moral convictions." This type of legislation, which can already be found in 10 states across the U.S., creates barriers for LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples looking to adopt or foster.

These people have to be, and will be stopped.

What the hell are you talking about? What was the matter with B. Hussein O in 2012, when he advocated against Gay Marriage as well?

Gay Marriage is a new institution, society lived without it for millennia. Almighty God established the institution of marriage when he put the first man and the first broad into the Garden. I was watching TV several years ago, the greatest theologian of our time, Jerry Falwell Sr. was giving a sermon. He studied the Holy Bible extensively and discovered that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, NOT Adam and Steve. I checked my own Bible, Falwell was sport on accurate.
You and Falwell are both nuts. Are you and Falwell on board with slavery and stoning adulterers too? It`s in the Bible!

I'm not in favor of slavery or stoning adulterers, and neither was the late Dr. Falwell. You really need to study history. Gay Marriage has never worked before. How did it work out in Sodom? How about in Gomorrah?
How is it working out in the Netherlands where it's been legal since 1996? Tell us all about how they are headed for doom. Tell us about all of the social problems it is cause here? Commmon big guy!!
Two of the funniest doom and gloom stories I've heard over the years about "if we allow gay marriage"

1. If we allow gay marriage, waves of women will divorce their husbands to marry each other. (from an interview of the president of the CWA)

2. By allowing gay marriage, we have caused a rise in out-of-wedlock children.

I cant even support qat marriage without you faggots riding my ass. You damn bigots.
Do i have to suck a cock to get some recognition around here?
Hey buzz off. I have better things to do than to engage in a pissing match with some who plays sick and childish games. What the fuck is "qat" marriage?
You must be a bigot against typos! You asshole!

Forum List

Back