Televangelist Jim Bakker sells $45 Trump Coin, says its "point of contact" with God

My roomie burst out laughing this morning while she was at the computer, so I decided to go see what she was laughing so hard about.

Well, to explain her great amusement, one of my favorite imitations is to do an evangelical preacher voice where I am selling the "touch of God, wrapped in cellophane, for 19.95". That is one of my favorite bits to do, and she laughs every time I do it. She also tells me that it's kinda scary how well I can do a televangelist voice.

Well, on one of her news feeds, it seems there was a story about how a televangelist is selling coins with Trump's face on them for 45 bucks each, and is calling them a "point of contact with God".

Now, I have heard of the story of Jesus in the Temple, when He was pissed at the money changers because they were trying to make a buck off of people's faith in God. That is why He was whipping them and turning over their tables.

What Jim Bakker is doing sounds remarkably similar to what the money changers were doing. Are you Christians okay with people selling a touch of God just to make a buck? Especially when there are political connotations laid in with it, because it's to help Trump win again in 2020.

Televangelist's show sells $45 Trump coin as 'point of contact' to God

"The Jim Bakker Show" recently promoted a coin decorated with President Trump's face as a "point of contact" with God.

In a viral clip of the promotion, evangelical author Lance Wallnau described the $45 coin as a means for believers to establish a “point of contact” with God.

“When I asked the Lord ‘Why the coin?’ he said ‘Because when you take the coin, it’s a point of contact,'” Wallnau said in the clip, which was shared on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which "monitors and exposes the activities of Radical Right political organizations."

“So your faith is being released with a million other believers to pray protection and peace and wisdom and counsel over the president of the United States and over his family," he added.

For $45, Lance Wallnau and Jim Bakker will sell you a Trump/Cyrus coin that you can use as a "point of contact" between you and God as you pray for Trump's re-election in 2020. pic.twitter.com/EwKgGL7sNp

— Right Wing Watch (@RightWingWatch) May 14, 2019“It’s our point of contact every day,” Wallnau continued. “When you see it remember God put something in your hand that you have a role in.”

The "Iranian dude" (yeah, I know, Persian emperor) on the coin looks more like a real leader.

The "Iranian dude" (yeah, I know, Persian emperor) on the coin looks more like a real leader.

I think that the reason Cyrus is on the coin next to Trump is because Cyrus was important to the Jews and their freedom, and they are trying to portray Trump as the same thing.

It reminds me of this. Not that I think Putin is a great leader.
trump-putin-1024x741.jpg

trump_cyrus_coin_jim_bakker_twitter.png

I'm wondering if the Christian conservatives are going to be cool with this? I'm guessing they probably will, because anything Trump is a good thing to them.

Even if it costs them 45 bucks and their faith.

The guy selling the "God Contact" coins is Lance Wallnau. He just got ad space on Baker's show, I guess.

Lance Wallnau's FB page includes this showstopper:
View attachment 261148

Let the Crusades begin?

They got fired back up, sorta... in 2001.

It took Euroweenie Christians hundreds of years to get the mooselimbs out of europe last time.

Hopefully God will influence us to stop being such pussies.

Unfortunately, I don't think his crusade has anything to do with a competing faith.

I don't think it has anything to do with faith.

My roomie burst out laughing this morning while she was at the computer, so I decided to go see what she was laughing so hard about.

Well, to explain her great amusement, one of my favorite imitations is to do an evangelical preacher voice where I am selling the "touch of God, wrapped in cellophane, for 19.95". That is one of my favorite bits to do, and she laughs every time I do it. She also tells me that it's kinda scary how well I can do a televangelist voice.

Well, on one of her news feeds, it seems there was a story about how a televangelist is selling coins with Trump's face on them for 45 bucks each, and is calling them a "point of contact with God".

Now, I have heard of the story of Jesus in the Temple, when He was pissed at the money changers because they were trying to make a buck off of people's faith in God. That is why He was whipping them and turning over their tables.

What Jim Bakker is doing sounds remarkably similar to what the money changers were doing. Are you Christians okay with people selling a touch of God just to make a buck? Especially when there are political connotations laid in with it, because it's to help Trump win again in 2020.

Televangelist's show sells $45 Trump coin as 'point of contact' to God

"The Jim Bakker Show" recently promoted a coin decorated with President Trump's face as a "point of contact" with God.

In a viral clip of the promotion, evangelical author Lance Wallnau described the $45 coin as a means for believers to establish a “point of contact” with God.

“When I asked the Lord ‘Why the coin?’ he said ‘Because when you take the coin, it’s a point of contact,'” Wallnau said in the clip, which was shared on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which "monitors and exposes the activities of Radical Right political organizations."

“So your faith is being released with a million other believers to pray protection and peace and wisdom and counsel over the president of the United States and over his family," he added.

For $45, Lance Wallnau and Jim Bakker will sell you a Trump/Cyrus coin that you can use as a "point of contact" between you and God as you pray for Trump's re-election in 2020. pic.twitter.com/EwKgGL7sNp

— Right Wing Watch (@RightWingWatch) May 14, 2019“It’s our point of contact every day,” Wallnau continued. “When you see it remember God put something in your hand that you have a role in.”
And here I thought that God was the point of contact of Trump.

Interesting that nobody has spoken out against this yet. I personally think that mixing politics and religion is bad, period. You conservatives constantly talk about Sharia law and being against a theocracy, but here it is, coming from the Christian side of the house.

I used to wonder why Tammy's eye makeup stayed on, even when she cried on the air, which she did every show, until I found out that her fake eyelashes were tattooed on. She died of cancer, you know. Maybe if she and Jim had not split up, he might have healed her.

I used to wonder why Tammy's eye makeup stayed on, even when she cried on the air, which she did every show, until I found out that her fake eyelashes were tattooed on. She died of cancer, you know. Maybe if she and Jim had not split up, he might have healed her.

he should have sent in for that Magic Spring Water ..

:auiqs.jpg:

The truly scary part is how Bakker knows he's gonna make some good money off of this scam.

How do you figure its a "scam"?

Jim Bakker is a highly trained and experienced theologian. I think he knows his business. He's been in the field since the 1960's when he broke in with Pat Robertson.

I bought ten of these coins. Laugh all you want, but I plan on talking to God ten times today. None of you can say the same thing. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back